“Convenient to Six Flags”

Sleep Inn at Six Flags
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Lincolnton, Georgia
“Convenient to Six Flags”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here one weekend in April and was able to walk to Six Flags. Great location, nice job on upgrade to bedding, but bathroom is dated with old tile. Definitely stay on second floor, most of first floor hallway smelled like cigarettes and you can hear someone above you. Breakfast was poor compared to other Sleep Inns and did not offer waffles. Would only stay here again if visiting Six Flags.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms on both floors. even though I was across hall it did not come in room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I wish there was a lower rating....The hotel room stunk and was very dirty. We had to go to the closest Wal-Mart to purchase candles to combat the smell of the room. The sheets we found were not very clean which caused us to go back to Wal-Mart to purchase sheets for both beds.
When we went to breakfast at 8:30 there the continental breakfast was very limited? When we expressed this to the lady at the counter who referred us to a McDonalds 2 miles away.

We would not recommend this Sleep Inn to anyone, it was so bad. Considering it is close to Six Flags Over Georgia, you would think they would try to keep it up. There were 2 other chain hotels, not a Choice Hotel, that we wished we would have stayed at. Because we are loyal patients of Choice Hotels when we do travel we stuck it out. But if this happens again, we will start taking our business else where.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wish I'd seen the roach review before booking. Seriously I lost count of how many I saw. I was afraid to let my kids touch anything. When we got home I made my kids strip down at the washing machine and then dumped the entire suitcase in the wash; shoes & all. Everything is sitting out on my porch b/c I'm sure we brought bugs back w/ us. And the smell... we had a nonsmoking room but when the halls are reeking of smoke it will of course come in the room. There was another unidentifiable smell that was very unpleasant. And lastly, our room only had a shower so my small children had to sit in the shower floor & I got soaked trying to bathe them. TERRIBLE!

• Stayed March 2013
Forest, Mississippi
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just stayed here last weekend and overall I was pleased. When we pulled up the first night, I was a little nervous because the area it sits in is a little sketch. This was coupled by the fact that the front door is key card access only. Once we checked in, it was a different story. The staff was friendly, and the lobby was old but clean. The room was even better. Both rooms looked recently remodeled with flat screen tvs. The room was also clean, and it had a full shower not a shower/tub combo. During the day, the outside looked much safer. The only concern would be the limited parking. If the park had been open, I don't think I would have had a spot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice and comfortable, decent price compared to others in area, nice staff. Went to Guest Inn next door to this place and had to leave because the place was so disgusting. Came here and paid $10 more and the difference was night and day. The manager was really nice and we had a good night rest before heading back to FL the next day.

Room Tip: In walking distance to Six Flags.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed just one night at this Sleep Inn while visiting Six Flags over Georgia during the opening weekend of Fright Fest and let me tell you, one night was enough. In fact, I chose to drive 5 hours back to the coast with a 3 AM arrival time rather than stay here an extra night.

My main issue with this place was the parking... or lack there of. Finding a parking space - even as a guest with a reservation - is like trying to find a lifeboat on the Titantic. There are enough spaces for maybe a third of the people staying in the hotel at any given time. I'm a Season Pass Holder for Six Flags and as such, parking at the park itself is a non-issue. So, we drove up Saturday morning, had a brilliant day in the park and then rolled into the hotel parking lot completely exhausted at about 11 PM. There was not a parking space to be had in their teeny tiny parking lot with janky angles that made even turning around in a Jeep Liberty a feat worthy of Austin Powers. People were literally parked for the night in the run up to the lobby. That's how crowded it was. When we went inside to ask where we should park - because surely there was a solution we just weren't seeing right away - we were told, "Oh, just park someone in. If that person needs to leave before you, we'll just ring you up in the middle of the night and have you move your car." WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! I'm exhausted and want a good night's sleep before my next full day at Six Flags and this is the parking solution you have for me? Seriously? Fortunately, a space opened up shortly thereafter or we would have just cancelled our reservation and went somewhere else with a real parking lot.

That was when we realized why the lot was so ridiculously over-crowded. They are selling their parking spaces to Six Flags guests who aren't even staying there for $5 a pop! The space we got was vacated by someone coming back from the park and heading home. It would be one thing if there were plenty of spaces for all hotel guests, but there were not and it was a serious problem. I've stayed at some shabby hotels, but this is a new one.

I'd like to say that was the only problem, but it wasn't. The door into the bathroom wasn't even a proper door - it was a pocket door that didn't lock. The shower door wouldn't stay closed - it stayed open a good two inches, creating a nice Lake Sleep Inn on the bathroom floor. There were some kind of beetle like bugs crawling on the walls. The refrigerator was broken. I could not get on their wi-fi and had to use the signal from the neighboring hotel. There was only one sink and one mirror in the room, making getting around in the morning a challenge, etc, etc.

Pretty much the only thing this place has going for it is it's proximity to Six Flags. As everyone else has said, you can easily walk to the park from here. And God knows you better - even if you are a Season Pass Holder with free parking - because you will not be getting a parking space at this hotel otherwise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GypsyZora
Abbeville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

the sleep inn in austell ga is a good place to stay if you going to sixflags over ga they have great rates and warm bed. we stay there every time we go to sixflags great loaction . indoor pool that is heated. security is great in the inn

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
#5 of 9 in Austell
#119 of 171 in Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs

Been to Sleep Inn at Six Flags? Share your experiences!