“Great Location”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Austell
College Park, Georgia
“Great Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This location is in walking distance to Six Flags. It is not the best looking hotel, but it has been updated. It could use some new carpet, but the new paint and televisions did make it a little more presentable. This is better than other sleep inns I've stayed at. The staff is friendly. The one thing I would say is parking is VERY VERY LIMITED. I don't think they have enough spaces if every room is occupied, not to mention they charge non guest a $5.00 fee to park there and walk to the park. We had to move some cones at the hotel to get a parking spot. If you have to stay somewhere why not stay here (Free Parking) and walk to the park. You can hear and see some of the attractions that's how close you are to the park. Room also comes with Fridge and Microwave, so if you wanted to take a break from the park and walk back to your room you could have a snack and drink

Room Tip: Average nightly rate is about $85.00 we stayed over the weekend Walking distance to the park
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family had a great time. We stay'd ther only one nigth but it was worth it. We wisited six flags over Georgia not paing for the parking. It was a walking distence like they promised. You can even see some of the attractions from your room. The hotel is also nicely apdated. The also served breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kristosik
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night when we visited six flags. The room was nice. No mold, bugs, stench, etc. The beds were comfortable and they had a flat screen tv with a great selection of Comcast chanels. We had a fridge and a microwave which was great for a standard room. From our room we could hear the interstate traffic but I really didn't mind. They let us keep our car parked there so we could walk to siz flags, even after we had checked out for the day. Didn't try the breakfast or pool so we were indifferent to that. The stand up shower was nice and we had plenty of towels. My only complaint was the AC was either way too cold or just didn't really do much at all. We also had a unpleasant experience with our fellow patrons in the three other rooms adjacent and next to us but that was only because it was a huge family with no sense of respect or time skills. :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Anchorsawaytoday
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent a wonderful, restful night in this lovely hotel. The walk to Six Flags was only a couple of blocks and the staff was excellent (even let us park there after check out so we could return to the park a second day). The rooms have been updated and are lovely, although a bit on the smaller side as is expected from an older hotel. The indoor pool was a nice bonus and it was clean, heated and right across from our 1st floor room. The beds were quite comfortable with plenty of pillows and crisp, clean linens. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room as well as a very nice desk chair. Breakfast was the standard, continental fare with cereals, fruit, pastries, coffee and juice. There were boiled eggs as well the morning we were there. I thought the shower only bathroom would be a problem but it was a very large and quite nice walk in shower with room enough to spare. Although walking distance to Six Flags, there is not anything else nearby except for a Wendy's and it is a bit far to walk to. Our primary concern was not having to pay for parking so we did not mind having to drive to find food. There were many restaurants one exit West as well as a Walmart and this hotel is located very near the Interstate so navigating was not a problem. This will be our go-to hotel for our Six Flags season passes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christie S
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent two nights here and they were very pleasant. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. There was not a lot of outside noise, so sleeping was not an issue. It was very close to the entrance of Six Flags which was nice. We walked from our hotel straight to the entrance. My only complaint was that the indoor pool area was very warm. There was not much air flow in there but the kids had fun anyway. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bankerlady09
Maryville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this property during a weekend trip to Six Flags over Georgia. My family and I stayed here years ago, and I was a little worried about staying here because the property wasn't that nice back then. I was pleased to pull in the parking lot to a huge banner stating "new rooms." Upon entering the room, I could smell the new paint and was pleasantly surprised. The carpet was a new chocolate brown color along with chocolate brown bed covers which were obviously new because the labels on them were stiff. There was a sage green accent wall in the room and the windows had a brand new shiny, white sheer and curtain. The room was small, but that's the norm for the Sleep Inns that I have stayed in. The toilet and large shower (only a shower, no tub) were in a small "water closet" area and the sink was in the bedroom. The towels were soft and the bed linens were fine. There were 4 pillows on each double bed. There was a small microwave and fridge in the room too. Breakfast was available from 6:30 to 9:30, but it is a little lacking. Nothing hot to choose from, not even the standard waffle that you can find @ most hotels now, but there is a Wendy's about 1/10th of a mile down the road, and my husband and son walked there and brought back something warm to eat. Also, the woman working the breakfast area was trying to keep it stocked and check people out @ the same time. There is a small indoor pool on the property, but I cannot comment on that because we did not use the pool area. The property is 1/10 of a mile from the front gates of Six Flags over Georgia and the parking costs $15 to $20 per day to park. I would definitely recommend staying here to avoid the parking fees. The location is also right of Interstate 20, so it's convenient on and off the interstate. I did not notice much noise from the interstate, but our room (room 212) was about in the middle of the property. Noise might have been a problem if I had been in the lower numbered rooms like 201, 202, etc. I have to say again that I was very pleasantly surprised and would definitely encourage folks planning to attend Six Flags to stay @ this property.

Room Tip: Request a room with a higher #, it will be further from the interstate!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank angi1968
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

It looks like this hotel has undergone extensive renovations, with an all new interior. My family and I were extremely pleased with this hotel, and loved the upgrades in this hotel.

The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean, and I loved the colors in the hotel. I cannot stress how beautiful this hotel looks on the inside. And for the price... you cannot beat this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sentosa123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Austell
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags

Been to Sleep Inn at Six Flags? Share your experiences!