Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
$90
$94
ComfortInn
$119
All reviewswafflesshort walkwithin walking distanceroom was cleanparking lotbusiness centerwould stay againdesk clerkking bedwonderful stayfitness centerbreakfast barstayed one nightcomplimentary breakfastatlantamattressesdryer
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We planned a trip to Six Flags and Whitewater and wanted a hotel that would be convenient to both places. I searched for a hotel that would be both affordable and comfortable. Everything I was finding was either priced way too high or did not meet my standards for a hotel. I found Wingate and read the reviews so I booked us there. Driving up to the hotel I was a little disappointed because the exterior was much more dated than the pictures on the website. But I went in and found that although the lobby wasn't luxurious it was clean. We checked in and the reservation staff were very friendly and helpful. We mentioned that we saw someone smoking at the pool (it is a smoke-free hotel) and they immediately went out to the pool and took care of it. The room was very nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well. I was afraid there would be a lot of noise due to so many children being here but we heard nothing all night. The free breakfast buffet was your standard free hotel breakfast fare but who can complain about a fresh made waffle? Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in this area. Especially if you are going to Six Flags. It is an easy 5 minute walk to the front gate from the hotel parking lot.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We took a trip to Atlanta to use our Six Flags annual passes and take in some of the sites in Atlanta. Wingate was running a special on this hotel for 20% off so we booked three nights.

Every time we went to Six Flags, we walked from the Hotel, it was less than a 10 minute walk. So, it saved us $15 in parking. Wingate will allow non-hotel guest to park on their property for a price. The Hotel gives you a sheet to put in your window to identify you as a hotel guest, so your vehicle isn't towed.

The hotel was clean, always someone at the front desk, our room was clean and we slept comfortably in the beds. We liked the hotel and Atlanta so much we decided to stay an extra day. The hotel was full though, so we had to stay the additional night in another hotel. They have a small outside swimming pool, which we took advantage of - the pool area was clean - it was a welcome relief to the hot Atlanta sun. They have a play area that had video games for kids/teenagers. They have a small workout room (treadmill & Multi-Station gym) and a small laundromat.

They had a breakfast which was nice. Gravy, Sausage, Biscuits, Waffles, Boiled eggs, all the typical juices and milk, yogurt and some fresh fruit. The sitting area for breakfast is quite large; there was a bus full of teenagers there and we were able to eat with no problems - they continually stocked the breakfast bar. I had to do some work late one night, so I went to the breakfast area and worked there for about 2.5 hours and I was quite comfortable. They have a small business center on-site, I didn't use it because all my work was on my laptop.

For us the location to Six Flags a big factor in choosing this place. We did take a couple of trips into downtown Atlanta and felt the drive from the Hotel was not that bad. We needed some film, so we found a Wal-Mart about 2 miles west of the hotel. There are several restaurants a couple of miles west of the hotel, which we ate at - once at a Cracker Barrel and another time at Wendy's.

Reviewed June 19, 2013