“3rd stay here, always great!”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Winter Springs, Florida
“3rd stay here, always great!”
Reviewed March 25, 2008

We always stay at Wingate @ Six Flags during our annual trip to Six Flags over Georgia, and I was impressed as usuall! 1st and foremost, this is a business hotel, so don't go expecting a lavish pool or recreational facilities. What they do have is a well appointed room at a fair price, and the service has always been excellent. Other than some loud neighbors, our stay was great. The biggest plus is being within walking distance to Six Flags, that alone saves you $15 since you won't have to pay that insanely high rate for their parking. It's actually the closest hotel to Six Flags. The other hotels on the same drive are not nearly as nice as Wingate (from what I can tell, they looked downright dumpy during our stay this time).

Wingate's official site seems to have the best deals, and make sure you book with a AAA discount to save even more.

• Liked — Price, location and service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoshandIssa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
DeFuniak Springs FL
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My wife and I chose to stay at the wingate after reading the horror stories of the other hotels close to sixflags and must say couldnt have stayed in a better hotel.The lobby and cont. breakfast was awesome and not to mention got a good deal on six flags ticket right there in the lobby.The staff was friendly and curtious and the hot tub area was really nice and relaxing after a long day walking around the park.Not to mention the park is literally a 5 minute walk from the Inn. I would recommend the Wingate to anyone.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank cfd_05
Hartselle, Alabama
Reviewed May 31, 2007

My family stayed here for one night. It was very clean. It has a new appearance and appeared to be in a safe area. It has a small pool and an indoor hot tub. The free continental breakfast included homemade waffles. The complex was within a short walk to the Six Flags park, which saved on parking fees. The staff was friendly. The beds were comfortable. Just a great place to stay.

• Liked — clean, value, and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Our trip included a great-grandmother (78) , grandmother (47) and (great) grandson (5), traveling to Six Flags. We stopped at the motel around 11:00 am (check in is around 3:00 pm) before going to the park, just to fill out paperwork, etc. We were greeted by a very nice desk clerk and motel manager. Much to my surprise, they had a room ready for us and we were able to go ahead and take our luggage up and lock our valuables in the room safe before leaving for the park. We left the car at the motel and walked to Six Flags. Easy walk, about the equivalent of 2-3 blocks.

After a very full day at Six Flags, great-grandma and grandma were ready for a nice rest (although grandson was still going strong). We were extremely happy with the room we received. It was very clean -- carpet, bed linens, bathroom, and larger than most standard rooms. The beds were some of the most comfortable I've slept in while staying at a motel, not too hard and not too soft. The pillows could use a little work in my opinion, a little too flat for me, but not uncomfortable. The 'fridge, microwave and coffeemaker are great for travelers. Also, there are plenty of lights in the room. No dark places anywhere.

Housekeeping personnel are extremely nice, and I've never met any housekeeping personnel that look and act as professional as this staff does. When you see them and talk to them, you know that they are there to make your stay enjoyable. They deserve every penny they make and more.

The pool area is very clean. The hot tub is indoors and seats about 10 people, larger than most I've seen at a motel (and some resorts). The breakfast area is nice and larger than most I've seen. You could actually find a place to sit. They had a good selection of breakfast items. Don't expect gourmet food, they have to keep enough out for a lot of guests so you don't get "cooked to order". I felt it was good enough, and my grandson always likes the "cook your own waffle" station. The lady that keeps the breakfast area going was very nice and made sure the area was kept clean.

The only negative thing that I can say about the motel is the lack of channels you can get on the TV. I think you can pay for extra channels and you can get paid movies, but at 90.00/night you should receive extended cable for no extra cost. This isn't a big deal for a one night stay, but I'd like to have more selections if I were staying for longer.

I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Liked — Large rooms, very clean, comfortable beds, great staff, within walking distance to Six Flags
  • Disliked — Limited TV channels
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa S
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Stopped in for a quick overnight stay while traveling. We found it to be clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy, but it definitely did not feel dumpy. All rooms were inside corridors so it felt safer that your average motor inn. Breakfast was simply, but tasty.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West...
#4 of 11 in Lithia Springs
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Austell

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell? Share your experiences!