Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Kentucky
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed two nights and found the place to be very nice. Check in was easy and the entire staff was great. They had a nice breakfast and the rooms were very clean. It is no more than a three minute walk to the front gates of Six Flags, so the kids could easily walk to and from the park. You just need to remember that there will be a ton of kids, but it was a nice stay.

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank mailpro56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nottingham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed for the last day of the Six Flags season 2010. Take off the cost of parking at Six Flags and the rate was just right. Hotel very clean. Breakfast usual affair. Internet fine. Friendly welcome and checkout. Hotel was quiet. 3 minutes park to room walking. Would stay again no question.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Coaster_Fanatic
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

I had called down week before last and spoke to Tracy about making reservations for our church's youth to come down on Friday, October 1st and spend the night so we could go to Six Flags the next day. I gave her my name, address, credit card #, and phone number. She gave me a confirmation #. She told me that since I was reserving 10 rooms, we would be getting a reduced rate. If by some chance we did not need 10 rooms, I needed to call back before Friday of that week and let them know so the reservation could be changed. If I did not call back, she would assume the reservation would stay as is and the 10 rooms would be charged to my card. Nothing changed so I did not call back that week to change anything. This past Tuesday I called back to the hotel to confirm the reservation. Tracy was not working but the girl I spoke to said the reservation was fine. As long as I had not received a phone call, I had nothing to worry about. We were confirmed for 10 rooms coming in on October 1st. Well.....wish it had been that easy....when my group arrived, the "gentleman" (and I use that lightly) on duty the night of October 1st told them that there was no reservation. They called me and I immediately called the hotel (we were about 15 minutes behind our group). He was very defiant...said he could not find the reservation under any name I gave him. I admit, it was MY fault that I did not have the confirmation number, but the major problem was his attitude and the fact he LIED to them. He told my group that he had NO rooms except 4 suites and that they were 179.00 a night. I called and BEGGED him to help us....I told him that I KNOW I had a reservation....I explained everything to me. He said there was nothing he could do. I again explained that we had 28 people that did not have a room and it was 11:00 at night. If he would just give us the suites at the cost of what the original reservation was going to be, we could do that....it wasn't like he was going to rent them out any other way that night. He refused. I told him I wanted to speak to the manager....he would not allow me to. He said he would have them call me back. They did not. I called back again. He then said he had talked to someone and the reason I didn't have a reservation is because I did not complete a contract.....which had NEVER been mentioned to me. I again asked to speak to a manager and he refused. He again told my group that there were no rooms available. He sent them away. I called back again!!! He put me on hold.....I was on hold for 14 minutes....they finally answered the call as I was walking through their doors. When I walked in the hotel, miraculously they realized that it was Tracy that I talked to and guess what, they FOUND that I did have a reservation!! They did however try to make it sound like I did not "complete" the reservation. If you give them a CC# and they give you a confirmation #, is that not completed?? What really upset me is that also miraculously they found 10 rooms to put us in but it was too late. My church group had already went up to a "roach motel" to get a room because that was all that they could find. Tracy that made the reservation even called me on my cell phone asking me to come back down there and offering to take some off of the rate but I refused. This guy LIED to my group and made me look like I had let them down. The service from him was HORRIBLE. We had children that had nowhere to stay. I was begging him to help us but he REFUSED. He said there was nothing he could do...there were no rooms. How did he find 10 rooms that quickly?? He didn't....they were already there. I would have slept in my car before I would have went back there and stayed and I will NEVER stay there again or recommend it to anyone. I hope whoever this person is learns how to deal with people and is never put in the situation that he put our group in.

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank utvolfans
Florence, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I would first like to say that my first impression of the Wingate was that it was a very well kept, organized and well run hotel. To my dismay I was quite wrong. My husband and I checked in to The Wingate Hotel in Atlanta last Saturday evening after a day at Six Flags. Within the small time frame we were there, I had slipped and fell in the lobby due to water from the pool and hot tub not being mopped up from people walking around barefoot. When we finally made it to our room, we were DISGUSTED to find drops of BLOOD ON THE COMFORTER AND CLUMPS OF HAIR ON THE SHEETS. It was a major inconvenience to have to pack up our stuff and transfer to another room. The man at the front desk was very inconsiderate and seemed "put out" about having to change our rooms. As a whole, our experience at your hotel was not a good one and we DONOT PLAN ON STAYING AT ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR LOCATIONS AGIAN.

Kathryn

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kldressler
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

Arrived around 7:00 in the evening. Quick check in. Room was great. You do have to deal with families who are there for Six Flags, but considering it's just down the street, I couldn't complain. I was there on business in the area, so after a long day, I was really concerned about the tour bus full of teenagers keeping me up all night. It didn't happen.

The employees were very friendly. I would definitely return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ARTraveler123
Ponchatoula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed for four nights here and it was great. The hotel is literally 100 yards from the gates of Six Flags so parking was not an issue. We were able to leave our drinks/snacks in the refrigerator in the room and walk back to eat so that was a savings too. The hotel was clean and well kept, if showing a little wear on the carpets. (We were on the first floor so it was high traffic) The pool, hot tub and workout room were all great too. Breakfast was good but lacked variety as it was the exact same thing every morning. That's probably the only gripe I have about the place. Otherwise I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank urloozn
North Hollywood, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

If you are going Six Flags Over Georgia, this is the hotel for you. Most reviews say a 10 minute walk, it's more like 2 or 3! So the convince of location can't be beat, and you save on parking alone.

That said, we had our share of problems with the stay. Upon arrival, everything looked pretty good and kept up (despite a "can't be bothered" vibe from the front desk staff). But then problems arose. We discovered smelly food left over in the fridge from the previous occupants that hadn't been cleaned out. One of the lamps by the bed didn't work. There was a hole in the carpet, and a large crack in the bathroom sink. And worst of all, we were loudly awakened at 4:30 am by an alarm from the clock that we hadn't set... again, it was from the previous occupant and had never been cleared. WiFi was spotty, and I had occasional problems.

On the plus side, the bathroom, aside from the cracked sink, was clean and very serviceable. The shower was nice, adequate temperature and pressure. Pillows were way too soft for my taste, but my partner loves soft pillows, so he was thrilled. Breakfast was less than stellar, although there was attempts at hot food (eggs, sausage patties, and make your own waffles), which is always appreciated.

If you are going to visit SFOG, and that is your primary reason, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, based on the experiences I had, I'd find somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank edgeboy1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta West/Lithia Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
#7 of 9 in Austell
Springhill Suites Atlanta Six Flags

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell? Share your experiences!