“no rain checks = poor customer service”

Six Flags Over Georgia
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Austell
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this popular Six Flags is full of rides, shows and plenty of amusement for all ages.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I spent over 500.00 for my family to go and we got to ride 3 rides before a storm hit and all the rides closed. No rainchecks, no apologies, nothing. VERY unhappy.

2  Thank Jay S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,678)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"wave pool"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Six Flags over Georgia is a lot of fun. I have been going there since I was a kid and have so many great memories. It is fun to get to take my kids although at 6 and 3, they were not quite ready for most of the big rides. Six Flags does have a good mix of kid and adult rides. They have really done a good job of incorporating super hero and Bugs Bunny themes to different areas of the park. I will say the price is a bit high. If you live close enough to make multiple visits, the season passes are the best deal.

1  Thank Bryan K
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Don't plan on going unless there is 0% chance of rain. Their zero tolerance to rain checks is in-excuseable. Spending this much money with my family for 3 rides in almost 4 hours is a waste of time and money. The kids were dissapointed and needless to say, so are we. We won't be back.

2  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Admission is very high. We took a coke can with the $15 off admission price and for me & my 8 yr old it was over $90 to get in. Once inside it was long lines at every ride. We were in line for 2 hours to ride the Haunted House and it was a huge let down. You ride on a small boat thru some not scary stuff and the only scary part is when a loud horn goes off right at the end. Very stupid and boring ride. Roller coasters were fun but once again a two hour to three hour wait in line. We stayed from 10 am to 7:30 pm and only rode four rides because of the long lines. I will never return or recommend this park. A foot long hotdog was $11 with fries and a drink would cost you a good $3.50 to $4.50.

1  Thank dagirlamanda
See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

All roller coasters were pegged for a 2 hour wait upon entering the park. There is a no rain check policy regardless of when you purchase a ticket on a given day and when the rides are shut down due to inclement weather. We did not get to ride a single ride on our last visit and no rain check was given. Food prices are HIGH and the vendors are SLOW to get you your order. Over all, Six Flags has a poor concept of what customer service is and does little to enforce a standard of service throughout the park. Employees prefer to socialize with their coworkers rather than the customers and seem distracted by many things except the customer. It appears most lack true training for the positions they hold so corporate staff and park management should really open their eyes to see what a disaster the park has really become.

1  Thank CathyTourville