“Six Flags needs to go back to how they started.”

Six Flags Over Georgia
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Austell
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this popular Six Flags is full of rides, shows and plenty of amusement for all ages.
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been a Six Flags over Ga fan all my life so this is hard to write. I no longer have fun at the park. Seems no one cares about your time unless you spend a lot of money on a flash pass (qbot). As you wait in over a hour long line you see so many empty seats. In the past they would have a grouper to ensure all seats are filled
The park needs employees that care and try to move guest onto rides.It would also help to bring back themed uniforms and bring a pride back. More needs to be done making the rides cleaner.

3  Thank fastride03
Write a ReviewReviews (2,677)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"wave pool"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Six Flags is an okay place for local Atlantans to take the family. If you are looking for really scary rides, you need to go to Cedar Point or something. My 11 year old daughter was not at all scared by the rides even Goliath. She was bored! Still an okay park if you are local and need something to do. We plan on taking our kids to Cedar Point next year.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We love six flags, sure prices for foods and drinks are inflated, so pack a lunch and eat in your car. Lines are long, but worth the wait in my opinion for a couple minutes of thrills. Employees are always friendly and accommodating. If you live anywhere within a 2 hour drive of six flags, get a membership so you can return as often as you like, it's definitely worth it. I guess if I spent full price on tickets and only got to ride 4-5 rides because of lines, I'd be a little disappointed, but having a membership makes it ok because I know I'll be back next week.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first visit to a Six Flags establishment. I've been to Universal Orlando several times and also Disney World a few times. This place does not compare. After this visit, I can't justify spending more than $20 on a ticket for entry or actually any money at all. The first thing you notice is how many advertisements they can force down your throat and banner the park with. I began to wonder once I saw pictures of people having fun on the rides as you walk up to the entrance. Brainwash much?

My friend had prepurchased a day-pass ticket online the morning that we were going. Be careful when you purchase day passes online. The one purchased was a reduced rate, but it did not specify online that it was ONLY good on one particular day. It wasn't even the day that it was purchased on. This date only showed when the purchased ticket was printed. After a few visits with Will Call, they finally exchanged the ticket with a correct one. The 2nd visit with Will Call was a little better than the first as far as customer service goes. I didn't have much issue with the way it went. Everyone was professional and was doing what their job asked of them. It was really just an unnecessary aggravation that wasted over a half hour.

Upon entering, the security guard seemed to be a little overzealous, but more for the wrong reasons: food/drink and not actual security. The rules say no outside food, which is fine, but the food inside the park is all frozen junkfood. The rule I didn't read was that one about water bottles. I was hassled about the 1/8th of water left in my bottle. I was told it would have been allowed it if was sealed. This is an idiotic rule that was enforced much harder than actual security. I have a problem with this.

I wound up riding a number of rides and even paid for the go-karts. The go-karts are fun, but don't go as fast as I had hoped they would (this doesn't actually bother me, I just had a need for more speed). The personnel seemed to be safety conscious at first, but I got irritated when this one young kid kept bumping people and was ignored by the staff. The Goliath rollercoaster was great, but be warned, I've heard it pulls up to 4 G's. I had actually began to blackout a little bit on the one of the most extreme parts. It was my favorite ride in the park. The staff operating the ride actually made one large man get off because the safety bar wouldn't lock down. The next person to fill the cart was in a similar situation because of his large pot-belly. What happened next is what blew my mind. The ride attendant actually put all her weight into pushing that bar into the man's stomach to make it lock as tight as possible. She was actually bouncing on it! The man complained, "too tight, too tight" and was moaning from the physical pain. I could see the staff laughing. This is horrible. Why not just tell the guy to get off?

The other rollercoasters I rode were the Ninja and Georgia Scorcher. The Ninja is in desperate need of an overhaul. The ride tosses you around far more than a metal tracked coaster should. It makes me worried about the integrity of the ride. The music at the entrance for the Ninja is supposed to be Japanese sounding, but seems to just make fun of Japanese music.

I had a few issues with the way this place is ran as a whole. It is not a problem with just a few people, it is an issue that this park NEEDS to address at a management/supervisory level. The main working group is highschool aged. I understand that they don't have a lot of work or people experience, but what happens when the majority of them are not supervised? I didn't see very much supervision at all. This was most evident when I purchased food.

I went to Dee Jay's Diner. What a mistake. There were a fair amount of people inside, but I didn't expect any huge wait for frozen food to be cooked. Especially when there is only overpriced chicken or hamburgers. The cashier was very nice, but the person getting my order was not professional or caring in the slightest. When the food is prepared, it is placed on a metal ridge where the staff grabs the appropriate food for their section of the line. I sat for 30 minutes waiting for 1 50's burger. I complained at 20 minutes after another woman in front of me complained she'd been there for 30 minutes. That woman got a free drink. I wasn't even offered one for waiting the same amount of time. It was unreasonable only because other people were not waiting longer than 5-10 minutes down the counter. I saw people getting the same burger I had ordered. The girl getting orders together acted like she didn't care or had any initiative to retrieve food for her section. If it was there when she walked over, she grabbed it, but if someone beat her to it - oh well. When I finally got my lousy hamburger that I had paid $11 for, I asked if I could at LEAST have a cup of water. She pointed to the end of the counter and said there is water down there. After getting to the water cooler, I found it was empty. I was told there was another at the other end of the counter. So, while getting more irritated, I walked to the other end. Well guess what? That one was empty too! What a shock. One staff member, I'm assuming was coming in from a money run by judging the money pouch under his arm, had walked in behind the counter. I said, "hey man, this is out of water". All he did was glance at me and kept walking. Wow, really dude? The next person I saw was filling ice. I also told him the water is out. He actually responded and then proceeded to walk to the back ...that is, to gather more ice and keep filling ice. UGH! I walked back to the same person who had gave me my order and said, "hey, both of those water coolers are out of water. Please give me a cup of water." With an attitude and hesitation of laziness, she finally got one for me. By this time, someone that looked like a supervisor finally showed face in the establishment. This girl was something else. How she got that position is beyond me. When she was told that there was no water in the coolers, she responded in the most condescending tone an attitude, "You didn't tell ME about that." Wow, that response is really unprofessional, but the next is even more. When told about the absurd waits, she responded, "What do you want me to do about it? Everyone waited." How about your job and supervise what is going on? Yes, everyone else waited, but it was MUCH shorter than me and a few others. After some more stupidty, she finally refunded the meal. That wasn't my goal, but it helped.

I was done after that fiasco. I will never visit or spend money at ANY Six Flags establishment. I would hope others to do the same after this.

I guess I should provide some good comments about the park since I mutilated it. It was clean and the janitory staff seemed to be the friendliest of the bunch. Some of the rides were fun. The archways with the greenery were a nice touch to provide shade. That's about it. You will probably feel ripped off after or before you leave.

1  Thank megahurts4