“Our family trip”

Six Flags Over Georgia
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Austell
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this popular Six Flags is full of rides, shows and plenty of amusement for all ages.
Macon, Georgia, Usa
“Our family trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Six flags over Georgia was a wonderful family experience. We got season passes which by far is the better value if you plan on going more than once during the parks open season. And my favorite part is the fact that you can break down your payment for your season pass into monthly installments which is the membership plan but you get the same perks as a season pass holder awesome! The food was just too pricey especially with a family as big as ours. I would have loved to have a nice family meal in the park but who wants to pay 105.00 bucks for burgers for a family of seven? Not I said the cat. Another disappointing point was when the ride operator of the looney tunes canyon blaster did not double check my daughters lap bar. I was originally going to ride with her but because of my height wasn't able to stay on the ride. She did not check to make sure her lap bar was secure again after I got off the ride. During the ride my daughter stated that her bar came up during the ride and she had to push it back down herself. For the people who don't know what the canyon blaster is it is a child friendly roller coaster but still can pack a punch for the faint of heart. Needless to say that could have ended horrifically. Thank God it didn't and overall we had a great time

• Korean first
Mobile, Alabama, Usa
“excellent family vacation. definitely will return soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

awesome family vacation to six flags, zoo, aquarium, and LEGOLAND. stayed three night but wish it could have been longer. definitely recommend this trip to others with young children

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great day at the park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Awesome time on a nice spring day! Bring on summer vacation. Plan to visit often! Have been a season pass holder since I was little. Summers would not be the same without Six Flags! Last year we visited the one in California too. It was great as well!

Seattle, WA
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“I've had Season Pass' for Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My second favorite US theme park (behind Six Flags Magic Mountain, California). It's hard to beat the Great American Scream Machine for the classic wooden roller coaster. But, I love most the steel coasters. The "Georgia Scorcher" is the best and worth the price of admission. It's a stand-up coaster that really delivers. But, there's also "Batman," "Superman," and "Goliath!" Not to mention the ancient "Mind Bender." Classic. Just go. Plus, there's a water park nearby. It's just a quick 25 minutes west of Atlanta.

ProTip: on busy days, just spend the money for the "Flash Pass." I can't stand to waste my day in line so I always go for it when crowded.

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Our Family Loves the Flags”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My family has been season pass holders for about 6 years and my husband and I have been visiting SF since we were teens. It is one of our favorite family outings and our Season Passes help us visit as often as we like, especially at non-peak times. Lines aren't too bad at non-peak times, so avoid Fridays and Saturdays. When summer arrives, Friday daytime is very busy with camps and day cares. However, everyone starts to clear out around 3:00 and you can enjoy shorter lines and more riding.

My children range between 13 and 8 and there really are enough rides for everyone to enjoy, not just roller coasters! We began visiting the park with the kids when our oldest was about 6, sour youngest was 2, and we were pass holders then too! We ave always been able to avoid the large crowds, so that our family could really have a great time.

Parking and food are expensive, but this year, season passes included parking which is GREAT! You should pack a lunch and carpool, or set a budget and stick with it.

I wish there were more covered waiting lines at SF like at Universal and Disney, cuz it's HOT in GA, too! But, we still love the flags and you just have to wear sun protection and a hat!