“Family teens and toddles”

Six Flags Over Georgia
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.90*
and up
Scenic Helicopter Tour of Six Flags and Sweetwater Creek Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Austell
More attraction details
Owner description: Just outside Atlanta, this popular Six Flags is full of rides, shows and plenty of amusement for all ages.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We took are toddler, are teen and 2 teen friends to the park on Memorial Day. We had discount tickets, so the admission was fair, parking was good. Weather was overcast. The 3 teens spent the day on there own with frequent check in locations as they went from roller coaster to roller coaster. Our toddler (4) wanted to be a big kid and took us from ride to ride. He and my husband rode as many roller coasters as they took...including the Scream Machine. However, the park would not let the 4 yr. old ride the bumper cars (this still makes me shake my head in confusion). The 6 of us had lunch together. It was awful. And extremely over priced. So I would recommend bringing snacks. We bought the refillable drink cups and yes they are expensive, but all things considered, they were worth it. As for cleanliness, well its not Disney. The toddler area was the worst and needs to be painted and revamped. Otherwise, it was clean enough and I will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Well I do not go on any of the rides any more, I did when I was younger and now I am taking my grandsons there. We usually have seasons tickets

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've been going to Six Flags Over Georgia since the early 70's. I am now 42 and bringing a new generation to the park. While most of the rides have changed, the park and it's family friendly atmosphere have remained. Something for the entire family. For thrill seekers, you have some of the best roller coasters in the country in Goliath, Batman The Ride and Superman Ultimate Flight. For those that like coasters but are not quite at the height requirement (54 Inches for those listed above), you have Mindbender, Great American Scream Machine (classic wooden coaster built in 1971 and still going strong with great air time) with minimum height requirement at 42 inches tall. My 4 year old daughter was able to ride Mindbender just barely squeaking by the height requirement. For those not into coasters there are other flat rides and water rides such as Monster Mansion, The Riverview Carousel (listed on the Register of Historical Places), Splashwater Falls and Thunder River. We said goodbye to the Wheelie in 2012 but a new 228 foot Sky Coaster swing will be added to the park in 2013. For those that aren't into rides at all there are several shows to choose from including the wonderfully reviewed Illuminate show at the Crystal Pistol as well as other themed shows put on at various times throughout the park. There are also many shops with Looney Tunes themed merchandise as well as Six Flags mementos and your standard gift shop items to choose from. The best days to go for the shortest wait times on rides is Monday-Thursday but be advised that not all of the shows are running during the week. I haven't visited the park on a weekend date since I was a young adult but I understand that the park can be very crowded and long lines for rides can be expected. Parking is quite a distance away from the entrance to the park but Valet parking is available for an additional fee. Tram service is always available for the general parking area (which is plentiful) at no additional cost but there is a fee to park. If you plan on attending more than one visit for the year, it is advisable to purchase a Season Pass as it will be cheaper than 2 full price tickets. The park and it's bathrooms are clean and well maintained.but a few of the rides are starting to show their age with faded paint and flaking paint (Georgia Cyclone, a wonderful but rough wooden classic) looks awfully neglected as most of it's white paint has flaked off. It's also a very rough coaster but the park is currently in a process of replacing parts of the track with a new topper track that has vastly improved the smoothness of the ride. The Ninja is very rough as well for a steel coaster but I still enjoy the layout of the ride but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has a history of back or neck problems. We have visited over 10 times in the past 3 years and have never once been there where a ride was closed for the entire day so I would give the park high marks on the maintenance of their rides. The staff were pretty decent considering most of them are young students. The food throughout the park is enjoyable and the normal pricey fare you'd expect at a theme park or sporting event. My advise is to buy the $12.95 (might be $14.95 now) refillable bottle that allows free refills on the same day as the purchase. It is very hot and humid in Georgia during the summer and you will get very thirsty! It is a large park so plan on doing a lot of walking and wear comfortable shoes. There are plenty of benches to rest at and being a mature park, plenty of large shade trees.

Overall, I highly recommend Six Flags Over Georgia. It's the park where I spent many a summer day during my youth and still do to this day with my children. I look forward to many more years of enjoyment from Six Flags Over Georgia. Come join us there!

1  Thank Jack4343
Reviewed December 31, 2012

we have been going to six flags over georgia on our family vacations for many years. this year did not disappoint either. the park is always so IMMENSELY clean!!!!! along with a wooded atmosphere that is delightful. they are always adding and updating fun things to do, and the coasters are top notch and first class all the way!! park employees are very friendly and helpful. geat value for the money, and it's always a great time!!!

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This park is packed with lots of fun rides. My top favorite is the "Sky coaster", you're strapped in a harness and hooked to cable that pulls you 200 ft. in the air for an amazing view of the park and Atlanta, then drops you and you literally free fall to about 3 ft off the ground, then swing till you're slow enough to stop. The only thing I don't like about this ride is its kinda expensive to ride. I feel like it should be included in the same price as all the other rides in the park. But its definitely the best ride there.
My next favorites are "SuperMan","Goliath"&"DareDevil".
All the other rides are awesome too. But you can't miss those 4 when you visit six flags over Georgia.
And One thing I don't like about this park is the loud music blaring in your ears the whole time you're standing in line, its gets really annoying. I wish they would at least turn it down if not off.
The food also is really expensive too, so be prepared for an expensive lunch.