“Great Sandwitches, Incredible desserts”
Review of Boll Weevil

Boll Weevil
Ranked #4 of 495 Restaurants in Augusta
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reynolds Street
Description: Our approach to dining is to provide a totally unique, high quality experience with fresh breads, home baked desserts, and great tasting, chef prepared dishes at casual dining prices.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very busy little place, nice feel over all but not a very big dinning area, sometimes a little cramped but the food was wonderful! The grilled portabello sandwich was great, but the cakes where amazing! The slices are huge, we had al ordered a different flavor and split them up. The "Hummingbird" cake was amazing. Very large portions on the desserts, more than anyone should eat, but so good you'll eat every last bit. I can see why somepeople just come for the desserts, but the other food is good too!

1  Thank MrLeoY

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Today, some friends invited us to join them for a day out. We landed here after dinner for dessert. I'm so glad we did. The place has a nice buzz as it was really busy. When u walk in, there is a dessert case right in front of you. While we waited to be seated, we picked out our desserts. Let me warn you, you better plan on sharing. The slices are as big as the plate. My honey loves cheesecake, so he ordered death by chocolate. It was massive and soooooo good. As I looked around, I noticed that many people came and ordered just desserts. The food looked amazing. I will try it next time. Great staff. We will go back soon. Oh! nearly forgot. On Sunday, they have dessert specials.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Like most reviewers, the cake is the reason to go to Boll Weevil! We love to go there for birthday celebrations and special occasions, but prefer to go either for lunch or just dessert. I love the chicken salad sandwich that has a creamy honey mustard flavor. The rest of my family doesn't have a preference for any of the other meals there, just the cake!!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once we saw the menu we were very upset that we did not eat dinner and dessert here. We had the Chocolate Decadence or something like that. Several layers of cake with cheesecake in the middle...come on!! I was somewhat ashamed the serving could have served four but my sweetie and I made short work of it. A long brisk walk by the River had to follow. We can't wait to go back and visit the Boll Weevil. We live in Virginia so it would be over an hour drive like DerekA0819 and his girlfriend to but I am tempted!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Gorgeous little cafe by the river. Food was amazing and the service very friendly and helpful. The apple porkchops were the best and the desserts were out of this world. Highly recommend.