“It is what it is”

Augusta Best Inn
Augusta Best Inn
Ranked #72 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Like the header says...masters week you have to factor several things and one is location for sure and of course price. Is this place run down..yes..but that week you're just sleeping and showering so it was fine. You can walk to the course and the folks really try hard to make your visit pleasant. I've stayed here twice and I don't look forward to the room but I do appreciate the fact that the manager calls me every year to ask if I want a room for the masters. I've stayed in some great places in the world and this is the only place where theyve reached out to me. Take that for what it is but I look at it as a nice touch. If you're with the guys it's fine. Do not bring your wife here unless she gets it. All things considered it works but only for the masters week.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Nosoup4u72
There are newer reviews for Augusta Best Inn

Reviewed March 30, 2011

My father in law was admited to the VA hospital after a complication from a minor surgery . Looked this up pics looked nice and rates looked good . We got charged 47 dollars for a Monday rate . Site says 34 . Lady told us the rates had gone up. I was so tired I shrugged it off. Rooms look nothing like the pictures . They are grungy and smell . The whole play is supposedly none smoking and non smoking sign on our door yet there was an ash tray in the room! The wall next to the table in our room looked like a soda had exploded on it and it looked nasty like nobody bothered cleaning it . Towels were like sand paper . Room smelled like musty and wet . Will never stay here again! Service without a smile

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank hansell09
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed for 2 days to decide whether we wanted to stay. the first room was nice. We decided on a week. The same night we paid for a wk, we had to change rooms.
The 2nd room had bedbugs. The 3rd was full of roaches. The final had blood spots on the matress. The clerk did not give us our full refund and when she was asked for a signed reciept was irate with us especially while i was on my phone, trying to make arrangements with my mom. She cussed me,my husband, and my mom, who was on the phone,hearing this woman and trying to reason with the woman as well as hold her tongue along with me and my husband.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Having stayed at pretty nice hotels worldwide I will not say the Rodeway Inn is a 5 star in anything other than location and service from the management. Given that anyone in Augusta the week of The Masters is there to be at The Masters, I don't do anything but sleep at the motel, as rundown and old as it may be. If you want luxury, buck up and stay somewhere else. For convenience and a good bed, hot shower, free snack-type breakfast and cold non-alcohic drinks when you get back, the Rodeway inn is it. No more than a 15 minute walk to the main gate it is my preference for me and my friends and son when we go. When my wife comes, yes I will buck up as we won't be spending 14 hours at the course....

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank masters4ever
Reviewed April 9, 2007

My brother and I stayed at the Rodeway Inn during Masters week. The Hotel was very convient to the golf course. We actually walked each day. The motel staff was very kind and helpful. They had a make shift breakfast set up in the lobby of the motel each morning and kept Ice cold drinks on hand for free.

The motel itself was very run down and not very clean. We paid a lot of money for the weekend because of the Masters and it would have been nice to have a clean room. It was one of the most disgusting rooms I have ever stayed in. The room smelled, the shower was dirty and rust stains on the tub. Towels seems almost worn into. The beds were comfortable enough, that might have been because I was so exhusted each day from walking.

If you are going the Masters next year stay away, unless nothing else is aval. then stay at your own risk. It's a shame the motel was so crummy because the people working there were very nice to us.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family