“convenient, clean and affordable!”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #38 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed over for a few nights because my grandfather was having surgery at MCG. The front desk was incredably helpful and welcoming and the rooms where very clean and comfortable. I will definatly be staying here again if the situation ever calls for it!

• Stayed: May 2012
bholay, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

You are truly appreciated for this fabulous review. It is comments like this that give our team the desire and incentive to make every guest's visit extra special. Thank you for sharing your opinion with TripAdvisor and please return again soon and often.

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at an Econo lodge ever, and it started out bad , with my flight getting in late, and when I found the hotel, I was so tired all I wanted was my key , well the night person gave me a smoking room (OMG) it was the worst even though it was clean, and the night person was nice, but on a personal call that she could not stop, and didn't ask me if I wanted a smoking room, I had a bad night, but had been on the road and in the air for ten hours so I had to wait till morning to deal with the problem. In the morning I went to the desk and found the most pleasant personal that was focused and concerned about my need and stay. Problem fixed ASAP with a super clean room, and Rachel focused on my care, and before I could get moved to another room, another concerned staff names sheila asked if there was anything she could do to help without knowing the Problem. I fell cared for and respected as a visitor and will keep my week stay.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for posting feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. We hope to have you visit our property in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I must say after reading all of the negative reviews. I was a little afraid to stop. Front desk provided excellent customer service . The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. I explained to her my expectations of a clean room. I asked to see a room before making my final decision. After viewing the room I was impressed with the way the room looked compared to the reviews. I was sold on just this room alone. So therefore, I decided to stay three nights. I reread the reviews and noticed that the reviews were during Masters Week and they could have only complained about the price because room cleanliness was not something to complain about. The property was nice and I will return when in the area again. Affordable, great service and friendly staff is a reason to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
bholay, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay. We are so pleased that we were able to make your recent stay at our hotel enjoyable and easy. We do value all of our guests and we try our very best to show it. We hope that next time you are in town whether it be for business or for leisure travel, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Where do I begin?? We stayed here with reluctence Master's weekend for $270.00 a night because it was close to the event. The rate charged for this room and hotel is ludicrous. The hotel decor was in dire need of a facelift. The dresser was missing a handle, the hair dryer was hanging off the wall along with the light fixture over the bed, and the bulbs were burnt out. The bathroom door didn't open or close without sticking, so it had to pulled up by the doorknob. The drain in the shower wasn't working resulting with water over our ankles in the tub. The beds were very lumpy and bedspread had a cigarette burn hole in it even though this was a non-smoking room.The continental breakfast was so weak it was a joke. The only positive comments I can make about this hotel is the room was basically clean and the staff friendly upon check in.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

We first want thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We strive to please our guests and we are constantly using reviews and comments to better our hotel in every way. We apologize for any inconvience that you may have come across during your stay but we do assure you that many changes are happening in our hotel and your next stay with us will most definitely be more to your standard. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I'll keep it short and to the point. This was one of the most horrific hotel stays I have ever had. They jack up prices for the Masters to nearly $200 / night. These rooms probably usually rent by the hour! The floor was sticky (eww), the telephone was missing, the tube TV didn't work, there was no shower curtain, the mini fridge had mold in it, the mattress and sheets were stained, and they tried to cover the musty smell with cheap perfume. It was so awful, we checked out the following morning rather than subject ourselves to this rathole another day. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank uclajams

Thank you for posting feedback on your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. These items have been addressed with our department heads to avoid similar events from occurring. We hope to have you visit our property in the near future.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had a very unpleasant stay the weekend pass I ah to wait 30 minutes for a room and I was giving three rooms to check into and one of the rooms wasn't even clean when I was giving a key to it. I think to accomodate me I should have been giving a discount because of the inconvience.
Tammie T. Wilcox
misterandblackie12@yahoo.com

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
econo1103, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
I wanted to take a moment of your time to let you know how much we appreciate your business, and that we are most sorry to hear about your recent encounter with us. Here at the Econo Lodge we take pride in providing excellent service to our guests. We understand that being away from the comforts of home is not always desirable. In your case it does not sound like you were provided with the service we guarantee and promise. Check in time is usually anytime after 1:00pm, and when you check in earlier than that stated time it is harder for us to accommodate you in such a expected manner. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused for you having to wait for us to get a clean room ready. I have also emailed you a coupon for a discounted rate for the next time you stay. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused for you and hope to be able to provide you outstanding in the future.
Thanks so much for your candid commment

Reviewed July 8, 2011

We visit Augusta for medical treatments and have stayed at Econolodge 3 different times, 8 days each and several visits of 1-3 days. This hotel is very convenient to the Doctor's offices, treatment centers, grocery store, pharmacy and any restaurant you could wish for. The hotel is old and needs upgrading but you get good accomodations and service for your money. Emilee and her staff have gone above and beyond to accomodate any and all of our needs. THANK YOU EMILEE!

Room Tip: Discuss specific needs you may have and ask about special rates when you book your stay.