“Family emergency”

Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
“Family emergency”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I checked in to the La Quinta Inn 2-28-2013.
Family member in ICU at the VA hospital. We are gold members so called the 800# to book our room. When I arrived at the hotel I was told our room would not have a micro & fridge. Our stay
was going to be as long as the family needed us. These were a necessity!!! I was told only 20 rooms have them. I had to beg the front desk person for a room with these in it. After 30 minutes we finally got to the room it was not clean. The table was so filthy I took a wash clothe and wiped it down myself. The clothe was black when I was done. The next day the maid didn't take the trash, clean the sink, vaccuum the floor. I had to call the desk and ask for bath tissue and kleenex. The bathroom was extremly small.
It was a beautiful afternoon two days after we arrived but the pool was locked. We couldn't even sit by the pool. No ice machine on our floor. The one we did use was dirty on the outside.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christy1345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Georgia,USA
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is very close to hospital and business area around Augusta, Georgia also is very close to Army Post Ft. Stewart. The staff are very professional and very knowledge of their job. My only recommendation for you is make sure when you get your room check the bathroom must of the time the house keeper use it and they don't clean up after. But everything else is good.

Room Tip: Try to make reservation before you get there since there a lot of contractors who choose this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is hard to access from main road and exterior is started to look a little tired but room was fresh and clean. Bed comfy, TV Good. Slept good. Bathroom area a little crowded but all and all I got my monies worth

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

La Quinta's policy of welcoming well-behaved pets makes it a logical choice for our lodging. The La Quinta of Augusta is very conveniently located just off I-20. The room was clean, comfortably- sized, and decently maintained. While it is a hotel with some age to it, it seems to be maintained decently throughout. We will stay here again. When checking in, consider your room selection. The rooms have outside access. Also, there is a pool in the courtyard with several adjacent rooms; plan accordingly in the swim season. Another perk, Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts just outside the front door. Just a short drive to Augusta National or the Downtown area.

Room Tip: A breakfast to get you going
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheWellnessLab
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Convenient to the highway, good room, good stay for a great price. Lots of restaurants close by. Entrance sneaks up on you - miss it and you either go in the exit or have to go past the highway and come back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I picked La Quinta because they are a pet welcoming chain. I was in town for a fundraiser for a rescue group and brought my foster dog. They don't charge extra fees or deposits for bringing a dog.

This La Quinta is an older hotel. It did show some wear and tear but everything was clean. The service was awesome! The front desk clerk didn't just tell me which pizza chains delivered to the hotel when I asked, he pulled out menus and coupons for me as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo