“Ramada Limited was nice but limited”

Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Ft. Myers, FL
“Ramada Limited was nice but limited”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at the Ramada Limited June 18-19 do to my worldwide tour. The hotel was nice but I wouldn't write about it. First, the outside was a "throwback" of the 1960's to 1970's. I think it was not a Ramada, but several companies came and gone. The office and my room was updated (as you can see about my photos). The bathroom was nice, but it did not have the finishing touches, ie had to hold the toilet flush to get rid of the waste, need to update the handles, ect. Plus, the mattress was firm, but did not have the pillowtop.

It was a good stay for 1 evening, but I don't think I would not stay there for another more nights.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

I booked on line since it seemed a good value. Upon arriving the exterior is nondescript, but the the incredibly helpful, accommodating staff created a warm, friendly environment. My room was spotless and comfortably furnished. Nothing fancy, but serviceable and well maintained. The location was convenient and quiet. The bed was great, I slept better than usual! My smoke detector became talkative and staff was there to change the battery within 3 minutes!
The fridge, microwave and Internet connection were welcomed extra perks. I will stay here again when I stop in Augusta.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
new jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

I booked through air tran and going through reviews and pictures your hotel looked great on line but once you get there and see the hotel its a whole different story. the grounds of the hotel was disgusting with old cigeratte butts all over around the pool and on the stairs. every tme you climb the stairs you have to see the dirty butts in the ashtray that are never clean. chairs around pool where broke and the pool area needed to be clean. to tell you the truth it looked like it needed a man around there to fix things. shower rod broke towel rack behind door book and the room . i felt like dust bugs where walking on me.mirrors in room where dirty and floor in bathroom could use a good scrubbing.the staff there i have to say where very friendly only good thing coming from this mess. In a way by the pics its is false advertising

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

burnsr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

It is a nice and quiet hotel. I always get good sleep, while staying there. The staff are very nice and helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel Thurs-Sun of Masters week 2008. The hotel was surprisingly adequate. We only needed the facility to sleep. The room was clean, the bedspread, sheets and carpeting were clean and the housekeeping was daily and thorough. There were no bugs and the A/C worked. Shampoo, conditioner and soap were provided in the room as was a hairdryer. A working mini-refrigerator & coffee pot also part of room. The showerhead was a new massage one. They had wake-up calls. (The fact that the A/C was a little noisy, the bedframe was creaky and there was a guest (resident?) that couldn't get his car started for two days didn't really matter in the scheme of things). I didn't read the previous review until now, so I will have to check what we were charged.

Note about restuarants in area (another bonus)... About 5 miles down the road on Gordon Highway is TBonz. Not as crowded as the one on Washington. Also a bunch of great restaurants on Highland Ave in a strip shopping center that cater to Masters guests. Great food (Calverts (fancy), French Market Grill (cajun/seafood), Public House).

• Liked — Housekeeping did a great job keeping room clean
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MotherHen
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2004

I reserved two rooms here for the 2004 Masters for $150 a night per room. When I arrived, the rate had mysteriously changed to $200 a night. I complained, but the manager told me the rate was "always $200 a night for Masters week." I refused to stay there, and I went directly across the street to a Holiday Inn and got a room for $90 a night! However, Ramada charged my card the FULL $400--($200 a room) despite that fact that I did not stay there. I complained directly to the corporate headquarters of Ramada (I sent them copies of my original reservation rate quote), and I received no reply whatsoever. I finally complained to my charge card (Visa), and they investigated after I sent them copies of the rate quote. After verifying that I was correct and that I had indeed been the victim of a rate scam, Visa graciously refunded my money!

I would avoid this Ramada location like the plague!
In fact, I am so angry with Ramada ignoring my complaint about this hotel that I doubt I will ever stay at a Ramada again if that is how they conduct business!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member