Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Iowa
“Acceptable stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel met my expectations. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the climate control functioned properly and let me get the room to a reasonable temperature quickly, and the bathroom was clean.

I got what I was paying for - which is not meant to sound cranky, but I did not expect marble and granite. It was a place to stay, comfortable, and quiet. I slept well and had fast, free WiFi to use

It was likely just my problem, but I managed to drive by the hotel twice before finally finding my way in to the right driveway. There's some "no turn" rules along the road that made for U-turns.

The front desk staff - both at check-in and check-out - were extremely prompt, quick, and friendly.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms seemed to be on a louder side of the hotel. Ask about odd numbered, if possi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our hotel. We're glad that everything was up to your expectations and we hope that the unfortunate construction of the road will not hinder you from booking with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed there in Nov 2012 with my family. The room was very noisy (road noise) and the hot water did not work! This hotel is used and abused and right next to a truck stop. I didn't feel as safe as I would have liked. Not what I expect from Wingate. Free breakfast was tolerable, but not up what I have come to expect from Wingate. It suffers from poor management and lack of maintenance.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if traveling with your family. Next time I will stay next door at Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know what you thought about our hotel. We apologize for the noise problems and that the breakfast was not what you had expected. Management has been made aware of your issues and they will be addressed.

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Augusta West
#5 of 82 in Augusta
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#32 of 82 in Augusta

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Address: 4087 Jimmie Dyess Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909-9469 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Augusta)
Location: United States > Georgia > Augusta
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area 3*
100 room 4 story interior corridor property, featuring suites, expanded breakfast, business center, internet access, meeting rooms, fitness center, outdoor swimming pool. Free parking. Four miles from Fort Gordon, located within minutes of major companies: ADP, T-Mobile, John Deere & more. Discounts for military, senior citizens, AAA, AARP, groups and corporate rates! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Augusta Hotel Augusta