Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
WOODBRIDGE
“Windgate Augusta”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Overall the hotel is in need of renovation but it was good stay. I did notice a few items that need correction. The bed in room 224 needs replacement. Due to the bed positioning in the room it appears all guests sleep on the same side of the bed and the mattress is broken down in that area. The bathroom door is peeling away due to water exposture from the shower and the breakfast offering can use improvement.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your advice and comments. We are currently working on renovating the property, we hope you'll come stay with us again soon so you can see our improvements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
FLORENCE
Reviewed September 19, 2012

found ants crawling on table and floor on Sunday morning before leaving, ruined the stay made what was a very nice experience almost make my skin crawl. left a note on the table so the clean staff might eliminate the problem before the next inhabitants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Hotel management has been made aware of the ants and the issue has been handled. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again next time you're in town.
pla_orange
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a group of about 10 stay last week. Several of us smelled bad smoking odors as soon as we opened our doors, but of course they were full and couldn't so anything about it. They said that it was "lingering" odor from before they became a non-smoking hotel. The response sounded rehearsed enough that I'm certain they have had numerous similar complaints. They should get that fixed before they advertise as a non-smoking hotel. Then, my daughter went to use the shower and saw several hairs still in it.

Not impressed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pla_orange
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are still working on some remodeling and getting the smoke smell out of our hotel, so we do apologize for this. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again sometime in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Shelbyville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not filthy but chair in room had huge stain on it so we werent going anywhere near that / No pool just a hot tub and it was so hot in the room it was in that you literally couldnt breathe in there ... The room did its job / we just stayed for one night to break up a long trip but wouldnt stay long term / Free breakfast was nice though

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank linberry1984
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I arrived late afternoon on a Tuesday while travelling with a large party that most arrived on the prior Sunday. When my travel plans were changed to check in at a later date I called the hotel to inform them that I would be arriving later. Customer Service at that point was great. When I got to the room on Tuesday afternoon Room 301, I wanted to make sure that I would be able to open the safe to secure my electronics while I would be working locally during the day. Inside the closet I noticed that the safe was pulled off the wall in what appeared to be the drywall anchors were pulled out with the screws still in them. The safe was also attached to the floor in what appeared that there was some type of anchor in the concrete floor that was unable to be removed. Since the stand that it was mounted on remained bolted to the floor and had become bent, the safe would lean out of the closet when the door was opened. I immediately reported it to the front desk. Their response was “Well Sir, do you plan to use it?” My response was “yes’ that is why I am calling you”. They informed me that they would have someone from maintenance come up to fix it. I also tried to open the safe using the instructions on the face of it, but it would not open. I checked out on Thursday at 11:00 AM, and the safe was never fixed. My recourse to ensure that my electronics were protected as best as possible since I could not take them to work with me was to place the “DO NOT DISTURB” sign on the door so that my door would not be left open exposing my personal property to anyone that walked by.

I also had a problem with the TV not working with the remote properly, at times when it was turned on it would not change from the initial menu that would come up on the screen, and then the channel changer would not work. I also tried to use the Guide which also did not work; the remote was pretty much useless. But I didn’t call for assistance, seeing that no one even responded to repair the safe or accommodate me by changing a room that had a functional one before I got settled in.

The entire hotel appeared to have issues with the air conditioning noted by the fans in the dining area. The entire ground floor seemed to remain constantly humid. I had similar issues with my room A/C which wasn’t a problem for the evenings as the A/C kept the room cool enough for me to sleep comfortably, however, while packing up and remaining in my room until check-out time on Thursday, the A/C would not work properly, even when turned on High A/C. As the morning got warmer, so did the room which while the A/C was not working the room became humid and had a foul odor. Similarly, in what appeared to the kitchen or preparation area off of the first floor dining area, as the morning got warmer, this area also had a foul odor. In reading the previous reviews, A/C and foul odors go back 6-20 being identified and were responded to by a representative thank for the comments and that they will use them to strive to do better, but appears to have no affect so far.

I have stayed at Wingate/Wyndham in the past and have never had any problems, always impressive and helpful staff, clean and a pleasing place to stay. I will avoid this hotel at all costs in the future if travelling to Augusta again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rlusczek
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My room is nice and very clean. The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful. The breakfast is standard hotel breakfast food. Unfortunately, the exercise room is terrible. Three pieces of very old equipment. The bike seat swivels and cannot be tightened. The elliptical faces away from the TV and is broken. The very old treadmill works but is so loud you cannot hear the TV. Worst of all the air-conditioning in the exercise room is not working and the room is very hot. In addition, I got numerous mosquito bites in the room. The whirlpool is broken and it appears it has been broken for a while. Fix the exercise room and this would be a decent hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I can't imagine that I will be back anytime soon - but just in case I am - note to self - the Hampton is next door and shares a parking lot. Stay there

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Augusta West
#2 of 82 in Augusta
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#31 of 82 in Augusta

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area? Share your experiences!