“Not a hotel I would stay in again”

Quality Inn Medical Center Area
Ranked #21 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We were in Augusta for a funeral one night only. I am sorry but this hotel was nothing to write home about. The room did not appear clean and did not feel I wanted to walk around on their carpet with bare feet. The bathroom lighting was horribly dim which made the overall effect look dirty. I did not sleep at all because of the noise, trains, loud music from inconsiderate people in cars in the parking lot and the feeling that something might crawl on me. The furniture and beds needs to be pulled away from the walls and the carpet given a good shampooing and vacuuming. Not a place I would stay in again.

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank leenie1950

Reviewed June 27, 2008

Where to start.....
When I called, I asked for the military rate and they told me to show an ID at check-in. I did so and was not given the rate. I proceeded to my room.... there was a terrible odor outside... not sure what it was. Got in the room and noticed first that there were stains all over the comforter, the microwave was dirty, there was dry snot on the wall, there was a large splatter on one of the walls, the carpet looked like it was not vaccumed. I chose to stay the night (I booked for 4 nights) because I had never been to Augusta and I had a meeting that lasted until 9pm and did not have time to find my way around to another place. So, I went to CVS nearby and got some Lysol wipes and rubber gloves (I promise) and made due (thank God I brought my own pillow and blanket). It was difficult to sleep that night because I was freaked out by the filth and it was so loud. The next day I decided to check out and find another place. I voiced my concerns at check out and made sure to ask for the military rate again which I was told I should have asked for initally.... which I had.

I noticed that they had a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back so I called Choice Hotels and put in a complaint. In short, they would not refund my money back because I did not give them a chance to fix the problem.... I don't think it could have been fixed anyway, honestly.

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. If you want a WAY better hotel at a similar rate try the Best Western. This place is gross! I have pictures to prove it. By the way, there were some other people in the classes I was taking (I just met them) who left the Comfort Inn too because it was nasty.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank smvs_princess
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2008

Again, I am very sorry. As I explained to you when you complained, the satisfaction of our guest is our top priority. It dissapoints me to know we did not satisify you. If you had informed any of our staff at any time during your stay, we would have taken every effort to correct the situation. The satisfaction policy that you inquired about was explained on the display that we need the oppurtunity to offer a solution. When you reported your issues you had checked out with the staff and left the hotel. We were never informed of a problem until you filed the complaint with our corp office. Again, we hope that you will give us the oppurtunity to accomodate you and show you we care about our guest.

Reviewed April 2, 2008

This hotel was a great deal. They gave my husband a military rate. They really accomodated us. We were staying for a week and had with us our 16 month old daughter and 2 small dogs. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The housekeeping staff was especially friendly! The breakfast was pretty good and the room was clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass along the wonderful comments you wrote to our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2008

I was staying in town for one evening for a wedding. This was the closest hotel to the wedding reception. Great price!

The room was a great size and clean. I think I even smelled bleach in the bathroom. I guess some may not like that smell but it confirmed cleanliness for me!! The bed was super comfortable and the towels were the softest that I have ever encountered!

The staff was great upon check in and even the next morning during breakfast. They even let me check in at 1pm so that I had time to get ready for the wedding.

The only problem was other guests. I guess that there were numerous teenagers or young adults who were staying there and came in drunk. Throughout the night, they were yelling off the balconies, throwing stuff and running up and down the stairs. My only thought was that there should be security guard for situations like this. I didn't get any sleep. From the reviews, it seems that this is not usual for the property so hopefully this doesn't happen often?

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank littlerockhoward

Thank you for writing the review. I am very sorry for the noisey people during your stay. We know that a good nights rest is the main reason that people choose us. We strive to provide a peaceful night to all guests and that is why there is a staff member here all night.The staff tries to maintain a quiet night I am again sorry for the experience.

Reviewed December 14, 2007

We stayed here on our way home from visiting family up North. It's pretty much just an average hotel with average cleanliness. Nothing real great but nothing really bad. If your looking for a place to stay I would say it's an ok place to stay. The neighborhood to me was questionable. I'm can't say for sure but it looked kind of run down.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank albe1
gmga312, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2008

Thank you for your comments. We try to accomodate our guests with above average serve as our guests expect. Thank you for your time to respond in regards to your stay.

Reviewed September 20, 2007

This hotel was given positive reviews prior to our stay. The room was average at best, but it was the smell outside that left a horrible memory. I asked the folks at the desk what the smell was, and they responded, 'What smell?'. The breakfast was ok, but the 'hot food' (eggs) were cold. When I mentioned it to the attendant, she told me to throw it in the microwave. I don't expect much from a continental breakfast, but if they offer hot food, it should be warm.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank pug42

We thank you for your response. We agree that when we offer a "hot" breakfast then you should have what is expected. We would like to aplogize for this matter. The smell that you experienced when staying with us is something that may have been in the air. I wish that we had control of issues like this. Again that you for your comments.

Reviewed April 4, 2007

I am a young female and was a bit worried about staying somewhere alone. This hotel was great! The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless, the pool area was clean- I can't think of a negitave thing when it came to staying at this hotel. I never once felt unsafe or uneasy about my surroundings. I am planning a trip back in about two weeks, and will be staying at this hotel again!

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank CaptainCassie

We always want our guests to feel that security that you would feel in your own home. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.