“Expectation check”

Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Augusta
“Expectation check”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The proximity to where I needed to be was the main selling point, the price was fine as well. However, the hotel looked nice from the outside (facelift), but inside was another story, quite run down, stained carpets throughout, the room and bedding smelled as if a life long smoker lived there. Quite frankly, I was glad to leave.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Derby, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We share the same as others, exactly. Room was booked as non smoking, while it may have been the hotel was filled with smoke smell, people walking in and out smoking down halls and lobby. We stayed three days cloths smelled terrible even though our room was non smoking its in the air and building. We don't smoke so it was more pronounced. bath room was very small not much room to turn around. Hotel is very, very dated. i guess you get what you pay for, rooms were inexpensive i would definitely shop around. There are a lot of choices in the area and close to the base and shopping. I would recommend shopping around first. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Brunswick
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were told this was a new hotel. Well it was not. The building had missing paint spots on the outside of the building. Rust on the outside too. When we entered the room it look nice and clean. Nice tv, fridge, micro wave, bed, bathroom. I was pleased until later that night when I got into the bed. I was tired from a very long day. My niece got married. We came a good ways to attend. Well I was so tired that I went straight to bed. I smelled this scent. It got worst every time I turn my head. It was the top cover on the bed. It smelt like feet & a--. It was awful. I had to remove the cover from the bed. Ly back down after that and still a smell. The blanket too was funky. I took it off the bed. The next morning I got up to take a shower. I open the shower curtain and the scent of very strong odor was on the curtain. Too much. Well I reported the covers to the front desk clerk and he said to put the covers on the floor and they will change/wash the covers. They did but you would think that they would check the covers a lot more closely than they do because that was just awful. I don't think I will stay there again. Also we went to eat/make a waffle the second night stay in the lobby and the batter mix for the waffle was out. The front desk clerk (lady) would not put more batter in for us because it was 10 minutes before breakfast was to be over. She came and shook the canister the batter was in and said use that. It should make us two waffles. Another customer came to the lobby after this happen and got some cereal and said there's no more milk. The clerk jump up quickly (unlike she did with us) and got this lady some more milk with no problem and no attitude (unlike the attitude she seem to have had with us.) The two maids were very friendly and wash our covers and had them nice & clean when we return from the wedding that day. We also kill two roaches in the room. One was crawling on the desk the TV was sitting on. The other roach crawled out from behind the mirror on the wall. They were small roaches so they probably are breading behind that mirror on the wall behind the TV.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family