“An OK stay in Augusta”

Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“An OK stay in Augusta”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my 1st stay at this property and it was nice in appearance, clean overall, including my room, and the staff was friendly. The two main issues I had was... 1. the lack of hot water. I ran the shower for 3 minutes, let it run for another 5, then at the 15 minute mark gave up, and got into the tepid water for my morning shower; yikes! 2. this hotel doesn't have the NFL network so coming back from the restaurant in time to watch THU night football was for not. The bar didn't have the channel, nor my room. Life. The location isn't bad, but it's across a major HWY to get to everything and the traffic is brutal in this area. In this case, every other hotel in the area is not near the main strip. So, it's not a detractor, just a fact. The morning breakfast buffet was OK at best. The bacon was undercooked and the scrambled eggs fair. It's a buffet... It did have a lot of items to choose from and the fruit was OK, not great, but OK. Due to the lack of hotels to choose from in this area, I may stay here again when in Augusta. It's truly a coin toss.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. We apologize for the water issue and we have made sure management is aware so we don't have this problem again. Thank you for also letting us know your thoughts about the restaurant, we will discuss them with management as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel was surprisingly beautiful. I felt I got a great deal for the price of the room. Bed slept wonderful, shower was clean, entire bathroom was clean. I also loved the Crabtree & Evelyn products. I have sensitive skin so I'm quite careful about what I use on my skin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon and please let us know what we can do to make your next stay even better.
MECHANICSBURG, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I absolutely love, love, love the Double tree in Augusta. Thank you for making us always feel like home. We were greeted with respect and true hospitality. You really MUST visit this Hotel. Hot cookies, extremely clean rooms and friendly employees? How can you go wrong?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear that you love our hotel so much and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Third time we've used this hotel for a reunion, never been disappointed. Facilities are good, staff even better. We had two dinners, one a buffet, one plated; both were delicious and service was all you could ask for plus 10%.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We're glad to hear that all of your reunions have been a hit and we sincerely hope you'll continue to book with us!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stay here regularly for work. I've found to have nice rooms. Transportation from the airport is good and the drivers are nice and punctual. The lobby is nice and the front desk staff is great. The smell of the restaurant will make you hungry if it is open when you arrive. The location next to the highway is not a factor as the soundproofing is good. Walking access isn't the best as there are no sidewalks towards any of the local restaurants.

Rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are comfortable. The AC unit is not very loud which is nice. The TV is nice and has a surprising large selection of stations.

I do have a few issues that are just odd though. The bathrooms are tight. There is only about an inch between the door and toilet so you have to straddle the toilet to get the door closed. The bathroom is claustrophobic for getting into the shower as well. The sink is totally off to the side of the bathroom but the mirror is in the middle. It does make getting ready in the morning more awkward than needed since you almost have to stand in the toilet to see yourself to get ready.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoy your stays here with us at the DoubleTree and we hope you continue to stay with us. Please don't hesitate to let management know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant.
Spokane Valley, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I thought this hotel was quite elegant in a little older style. The suite was spacious. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and efficient. They made me feel very welcome. I will definitely choose this hotel when I come back to Augusta. The bed was exceedingly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear that we have become a new favorite of yours and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip.
Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A waste of money!!! Don't book it through a company called reservationcounter.com, they will rip you off when it comes to discounts. Also, this hotel only puts it's money in it lobby, not in it's rooms and not in it's guest. Yes, they give you a cookie when you check it, but don't expect more! The rooms are worst than the cheapest motel on the highway, I should have stayed in a Motel 6 or Days Inn (a whole bunch better stay). No free breakfast, no frig, the room is OLD, etc. My bathroom door was about to fall off and when I complained to the desk they gave me the ole' "Sorry". AVOID THIS PLACE AS IF IT IS INVADED BY THE WALKING DEAD!!! I spent $155.00 expecting it to be as the Hilton (nice rooms, breakfast, a concerned staff, etc); instead I paid $155 for Paris Hilton to have her dog's butt shaved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.