“Excellent quality and value”

Doubletree by Hilton Augusta
Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am very picky about hotel bathrooms and bedspreads and easily get grossed out by old or poorly maintained accommodations. This was not the case at all with our stay at the DoubleTree. Everything was impeccably clean, and I felt much more relaxed letting my two young sons run around the room. Our stay was overall wonderful, and the military rate was very appreciated. We ate breakfast at the lobby restaurant before check-out and couldn't have asked for better service or selection. Traveling as a single mom with a toddler and a 5 year old was challenging enough- our stay at this hotel was one of the nicest parts of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We're so incredibly pleased to hear that we made your travels with your young children easier and more enjoyable. We hope that you'll come visit us again soon and please don't hesitate to let management know what we can do to make every stay even better then the one before.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Giving this an overall rating as Poor due to the terrible value. No free breakfast, and no mini-fridge so that a person could store some milk or yogurt or even some water. Plus the bathroom was tiny. I would have gladly given up a free chocolate chip cookie for a mini-fridge!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I normally love Doubletree Hotels but this one was disappointing. My room was not cleaned the first day. The spa was out of order and the indoor pool was flooded. I found dog food pellets in my room. I could tell it was an older hotel but microwaves/refrigerators are not standard in the rooms. The only plus may be that the hotel accepts pets.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are very sorry for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. If you would please contact us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss your stay with you. We look forward to speaking with you and making this right.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Overall a good experience. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The lobby, dining and bar areas are top notch and create a great ambiance upon entry. Obviously an older facility, the rooms have "some miles on them", but everything was in fair working order. I'd go to the Double Tree, Augusta again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Augusta, GA businesses and hotels seem to be stuck in the late 60's and 70's. DoubleTree is a prime example of what once was lavish accommodations. I stayed at this hotel five years ago, and I think it was a Sheraton. The architecture is definitely showing its age, and it's not appealing once you find smallish rooms and cramped bathrooms. It is apparently a good-boned structure, but the layout of the rooms/bathrooms should be modified.There is a full-service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a lounge and Starbucks kiosk in the same area of the first floor. There is small-sized conference center, two pools, hot tub, and fitness center with PreCor equipment (the main reason I chose this hotel for a recent stay). The treadmill on the left as you are facing the pool needs to be leveled, or something. It was very wobbly. I observed two different people come in and try both elliptical machines. The first person left, then the second person chose the machine on the left. The elevator to access the rooms nearer to the back of the building is very slow. The bathrooms are small- you will find yourself standing right by the toilet to the sink and granite countertop. The showers have great shower heads and water pressure. The crabtree and evelyn toiletries are nice. The coffee makers are quick and two caffeinated coffees are provided (YAY!). ACs are window units controlled by a wall thermostat. Upon arriving my room was not cooled, and it smelled a little like a gym/sweaty socks. Once cooled, the next evening when I arrived it was much better. I think something was sprayed. The housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning my room! The only concern I have is there was something on the duvet cover near the end of the 2nd queen bed in my room that is unidentifiable. I miss not having a couch or easy chair like I had at a Marriott suite property in another city, though. All that is provided at this doubletree is a straight-back side-chair next to the desk. I found easy access through the back door when parking behind the hotel away from other cars. The décor is nice brown/aqua, and I think the beds are comfortable. I ate the breakfast buffet and found the eggs to be swimming in the trans-fatty oil/margarine they were cooked in. The oatmeal was past its prime, also. It tasted burned. The temp may be too high on that warmer. Excellent check-in experience from professional and courteous associates.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know what you thought. We are an older property, but we are always evolving and changing to keep up with the times. We appreciate all of your feedback and we hope you'll come visit us again soon to check out our changes.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Staff was very helpful and accomidating. This let me check in early and heled with my mail and clothes cleaning. Room was marginal: The air conditioner leaked (condensate) from the ceiling and soaked the rug in the entry to the room. The door to the bathroom is too close to the toilet such that you cannot physically fit inside the bathroom and swing the door fully. The chest under the TV, top drawer is non-fucntional and falls out of position when sliding open.

Thank Joseph J. M
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about the issues with your room, we have let maintenance know so that the next guest will not have the same problems. We thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll come see us again the next time you're in Augusta.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times for business. I request an outside window everytime I make a reservation. There are always problems at check in - one time they told me that I had already checked in! And I always have a hard time getting a room with a window facing outside rather inside to a hallway where the curtains have to remained pulled shut. The air conditioner dripped on the floor and the room was not clean. I will not be staying at this facility any more. It's simply not well taken care of or run. The new Hilton right down the road is much better choice.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, be sure to ask for a room with a window that faces outside rather than a wind...