“Augusta Double Tree”

Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Bloomington, Illinois
“Augusta Double Tree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Overall the hotel is good but the restaurant , in my opinion, depends too much on its Friday night buffet, the rest of the food/service was not very good.Do not get a room near the cleaners closet as it gets very noisy very early in the morning, and watch out for water int he elevator floor , very slippy, with kids coming out of the pool and back to the rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We apologize that our hotel was not what you had hoped. We thank you for all of your comments and concerns and assure you we will use them to better our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you'll choose to do so next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is pretty fancy and has plenty of amenities. However there are a few things that travelers expect that are not there. I went to Augusta for five days to attend a conference.

The room is OK and you have room to move around. The bed is comfortable. However, there is no microwave and no refrigerator. The bathroom is tiny and I do mean tiny. You must go in and shut the door to use it. The door hits the shower curtain rod and the first time I went in I thought I had dislodged the rod. You get out of the shower and almost hit the commode. The water pressure is low to medium and I found it very difficult to regulate the water temperature. The water control lever was loose and I felt it might come off.

The rooms are a bit noisy and you can hear anyone walking in the hall and talking, as happened about 3 AM. Also any live entertainment can easily be heard even at the upper floors (I was on the 4th floor).

The breakfast was only fair or less. For the breakfast buffet they have fruit, eggs, bacon, grits and sausage as well as cereal and other things. However the cooked food was only lukewarm when you got it and by the time you went back to your seat it was mostly cold. I think they did not have the steam tables operating.

The bar was about what you would expect but the prices were high: $7.00 wine and $6.00 beers. I would say take or buy your own and don't pay these prices. However with no refrigerator that may be a problem but package stores and grocery stores are not too far away. You can buy a twelve pack for not much more than one or two beers. Decent wine can be bought for between $7-$10 dollars and you get about six of THEIR glasses, which did not have much in them for the price, about 1/4 of the glass. I have been to other hotels which give you 3/4 to a full wine glass.

Choices for dinner were fair and we chose to eat at other restaurants which were of good quality and cheaper. There are many close by at about one mile.

The WiFi is slower than I have used at other hotels and was subject to outages right in the middle of what you were doing. I was doing work back at my office and the WiFi dropped and did not come back on for about 10 minutes or so.

The air conditioning was hard to regulate and the room was either warm or cold. The thermostat was on the wall across the room near the door and the a/c would run and run and the room got cold. It appears the thermostat was not very responsive or did not get a true sampling of the room air in its location so you got up to turn it off and up again to turn it on again.

To sum up, they could have a great hotel with some changes.

Room Tip: Ask about things you expect before booking. Report things that don't work
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know what you thought about our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not everything you had hoped and we truly hope that you'll come back again and let us make it up to you. The beers that we offer on tap here are specialty brews which accounts for the high price at which they are sold. We also apologize that our internet was slow during your stay. Again we hope that you will give us another chance the next time you're in town and please let management know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay better!
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions at a week at a time and never had any issues. The staff is very friendly and will assist you with whatever you need. It is very clean and now Non-smoking on all floors. The bed linen is very soft and comfortable. There are many other hotels in Augusta that are cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we're glad that everything was to your liking! We look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Augusta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I love this Double Tree, We always stay there. The only thing is that the bed should not have all that cover on it. for me. I would like to see a lot less cover. It may be nice for some people but I get hot with too much cover. However the food was great and the overall appearence of the hotel was excellent. and the service was excellent

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. We do apologize for the thickness of the covers, however we have to follow Hilton standards. Thank you again for your comments and concerns.
Austell, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I came to stay at this hotel as my daughter was competing in a track competition. When I arrived at check in I was not offered any cookies as I usually am at other Doubletree Hotels. I thought maybe they are in the room as I have had this happen at a couple. But Nope all I had was a runny toliet. I reported this as I left out and was told that that someone would go up and take care of it. Nope that did not happen. I was up all night as the toliet ran. So that morning I again told them about my toliet and was told someone would be up. I was not offered cookies at all. When we returned after 8PM still toliet was not fixed. At that point I decided not to call again. The room was clean just the toliet ran. The agents were not as friendly as I think they should have been. I left a comment card but no one has called me back. Please do not call me back at this point as this would be a"reactive" call to my post. I would suggest that you train your staff to offer cookies at check in as this is what Doubletree is known for. If my daughter makes the state finals next year I can not say that I will stay with you again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. However, we are incredibly sorry that you and your family did not receive a cookie during your stay. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement and provide the best stay possible!
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This I my 5th stay here as they allow dogs. Each time this place just misses the mark of really great. This visits example, and each visit has had a equal sized problem, unpacked, got ready for bed 10pm and found the bathroom was flooded. After an hour of working on it, maintenance says I will be right back, 30 minutes later I call front desk. 'Oh, I was about to bring you a key to an upgraded room.' Staff brought me to a king studio that upon entering had me gasping for air. Staff smelled it and refused to even enter. So while I wait outdoor breathing fresh air, finally am escorted to a standard room. So what happened to the "upgrade"? I was told breakfast was on the house the next am. Went to breakfast and they charged me. Food staff said I should have had a voucher given by hotel staff. I explained and was not charged...but it's always an effort. Also were told 50% room rate would be deducted and bill does NOT reflect it. Thus another effort/battle yet to wage. Wish they would get it together..it leaves a lousy taste in ones mouth!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences that you were faced with during your recent stay with us. We strive to please our guests and we're less than pleased to hear that we were able to do so during this circumstance. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in the area and please let management know what they can do to make your next stay better!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just about perfect. Well managed, clean, maintained, and even a functional pool and spa. Every aspect was better than I expected. Will book there again, and highly recommend. And what is better than a smile at the desk with a warm cookie and cold bottle of water!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

newport_group, Social Meda Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.