“Double Tree in Augusta, GA”

Doubletree by Hilton Augusta
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, would certainly come back . The check in process was quick, as well as the check out. Warm cookies were an added extra touch. Very nice stay. Thank you for the great experience

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again :)

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Augusta

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place needs some serious love. The rooms seem like they haven't been touched for decades. The room did not even have HD TV. The toilet needed to be fooled with so the water would stop running. Decorations were stark and the room was dark....Tired tired room.

On top of all this, we were charged 3 times the going rate because of the Masters. If the accommodations warranted the price, I would feel differently. I understand supply and demand and because I do I will look to find other hotels in out frequent travels (big supply) that weren't overly greedy with their pricing on such a mediocre, dated product.

The staff was great and did their best to be hospitable.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jromoman
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. Our property is older and we do the very best to keep them up to date. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked three rooms at this hotel.

The hotel was generally okay. The biggest complaint that we had was the customer service was not 100%. There seemed to be no follow through. For example, my sister tried to order a birthday cake (which this hotel does not do) to be in my brother's room when he checked in. After many phone calls, the fruit and cookie was ultimately sitting in the lobby for awhile and not delivered before he actually got to his room. My good friend ordered flowers to be delivered to mother's room for check in - the clerk told my mother, "Good you are here, do you want to take these up with you?" My mother insisted they be delivered.
I tried to order a glass of wine around two o'clock. I was told people in Augusta generally don't have wine for lunch...

In any event...I'm going to chalk these experiences up to the youth of the staff.

Generally, the rooms were what we expected from a hotel. I was a little disappointed that this Doubletree Inn wasn't as "posh" as I expected from the chain. There needs to be an update...we noticed the veneer on the bathroom door was chipping off.
I have to agree the Friday buffet was overpriced enough that the fifteen (or more) members of my family chose to "opt out" and order pizza delivery. Speaking of the bar, my sister order Macallan scotch that cost $29 per shot and my daughter ordered a beer for $14.

Room Tip: Do not accept the room on the other side of the ice machine. It sounds like "Chinese water tor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Again, we apologize for the poor service and we'll use this opportunity to improve. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is not bad BUT it is overly priced for what you get. The buffets (breakfast and the Friday/Saturday Fish Buffet) aren't priced anywhere - even at the entrance to the restaurant. It is surprising to find the Friday/Saturday buffets are $32. If I hadn't already promised my daughter the buffet we would have had something else. BUT then the wait staff informed me that anything from the kitchen would be "at least" 45 minutes. Basically everything was fine here but I wouldn't eat OR drink here. Way over priced. And actually, the rooms are over priced for what you get. Bath was really small and the door had holes in it where the hook USED to be. Just not the best for the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel and see that the breakfast buffet cost was a concern. We work hard to personalize each guest's experience while we try to keep costs affordable. Would posting charges on our website or at the front desk assist you in evaluating our services? Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

After an 800 mile motorcycle ride for the day, I look for a hotel that does not require my leaving to find a restaurant or bar. This hotel claims to have both, however on Friday night if you want to order from the menu you are told you will have an hour to hour and a half wait for your food to arrive! Unacceptable, put that on your dining section on your hotel information! I don't care for buffet dining, at a full service restaurant I should not have to wait that long for other options!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry that our dining options didn't meet your expectations. At our property, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of home in a timely manner. We will continually work to improve our service and your comments will help us do just that. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here while on business based mostly on these reviews and the recommendation of a friend who lives in the area. What you first need to know is that this is an older hotel that used to be a Sheraton. The lobby area is pretty & nicely decorated but the rooms are in serious need of repair and update. Also, I would not say the rooms are super clean by any stretch. The first room I was given had a huge hair ball on the bathroom floor and hair in the shower. There was the cover of a disposable razor also on the bathroom floor. There were crumbs and small black balls of lint all over the carpet which seemed to roll off of a non-functioning vacuum. The second room I was shown (on the same floor) had the same crumbs/balls of lint and a long plastic baggage tag on the floor off the side of the bed (not mine). There was a ring in the toilet and the catch on the doorlock was falling off. Carpets in the room were frayed. The third room, on the 5th floor was adequately clean however in the morning, the water in the shower would not go down and backed up well above the ankles. I was told that there was a microwave on the 6th floor that I could use to reheat some leftovers. I'm not really sure what this area on the 6th floor used to be, but it is truly disgusting. It might have been a conceirge lounge at one time, but it now should be completely gutted & re-purposed. It is evident that this is the lounge that time forgot - there is a fridge and a microwave which should be labeled, "use at your own risk". The tv in the gym was "out of order" the entire time I was there however the equipment was in fairly good shape and the pool & whirlpool looked inviting and clean.
Haley and Sheeyna are true assets at this property as they were quick to assist, were more than apologetic and did everything they could to rectify my stay. The staff here are excellent and are the only reason I would recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms and common areas. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel it self was beautiful. The accommodates were great. The thoroughly enjoyed the cookie. It was warm and delicious. Getting something free is always a delightful surprise. I was very impressed that all the electronic equipment worked as I wanted it to. I also appreciate the free wireless internet service and the fact that no mishaps happen during my presentation. I highly recommend this hotel for any business and family trip.

Room Tip: I ask for a room by the elevator which was a great choice because I was closer to the entertainment...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonya S

We're pleased to hear that our hotel and staff were able to help in making sure that your meeting ran as smoothly as you had hoped. We look forward to seeing you again and stop by for a cookie anytime even if you're just passing through :)