“Looks better from the outside than the inside”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The Good
A hot buffet breakfast is included and it was very good. It had a good selection and included things like grits, cheese grits, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc . Make sure to show up with your breakfast ticket, as it will be asked for.
Staff was nice (although desk clerk was on the phone telling another employee to make sure they were at work at 11 to relieve her, and she mentioned to me that it's a shame when you have to call people and make sure they come to work on time).
Convenient location for travelers, right off the freeway.
Good price if you are just looking for a place to lay your head.
Free Wi-Fi (which my teenager appreciated!)

Bad
Saw a roach
Couch was dirty and stained
slight smell/odor to the room
Given 4 different prices within a 10 minute time frame. Original price quoted was not the price on the receipt I was asked to sign prior to checking in.

We stopped here overnight on a drive from South Carolina. Our flight was out of Atlanta the next morning, and it was late. I had been driving all day with 2 kids and I was exhausted. I chose this hotel because it was a suite (kids could be in different rooms) and the outside looked very nice. I ran inside to ask if they had rooms available, and what the price was. The lobby of this hotel looks is impressive- Very clean, modern, a great looking dining area. I'm picky about hotels (a germaphobic of sorts) but I liked what I saw and decided to to go with this hotel. Usually the hotels I stay in cost a bit more, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to stay in a hotel for just a few hours. Turns out the hotel lobby is not indicative of what the rooms look like.

I went back out to get the kids and our luggage and came back in to register. The price on my receipt she asked me to sign was not the price she quoted me 5 minutes before. It was higher. So I asked if that was the price including tax. She said "Oh, what price did I quote you - and she said 2 other prices - neither of which she had quoted me earlier. Then she gave me the room for even less. So 4 different prices within a 10 minute time frame.....something seemed a little off about that (the final price she gave me was $20 cheaper than the original price on my receipt), but since I ended up getting the room for less that originally quoted, I didn't complain. She handwrote in the new price on the receipt, and had me initial it. I made a mental note to myself to double check the price I was charged the next morning when I checked out, since she had originally charged me more than quoted.

After exiting the lobby, I realized that this was a hotel with exterior corridors. That was not apparent from the outside/lobby because of the way the hotel was designed. But that's not a deal breaker, especially for a 1 night stay. Upon entering the room, I did like the way it was set up. The front room had a couch, tv, and desk, and there were 2 doors that closed it off from the bedroom, which had 2 double beds and a tv also. The couch was stained and dirty looking. We covered that with a blanket prior to laying on it. The comforters on the beds seemed new and were very nice. There was a small fridge and microwave included.

The bathroom looked clean, as did the room. Just seemed old. There also was a slightly off odor. To be honest, the room gave me the creepy crawlies but since I didn't see anything obvious, outside of the couch, I just relaxed and went to sleep. The next morning, I did see a roach in the room (a live one) on the wall. I was not thrilled about that.....at all.

Again, the hotel served it's purpose and it was acceptable and at a good price. I just wouldn't really recommend someone staying here for a vacation and I wouldn't stay here again. I did feel like the lobby did not really indicate the quality of the hotel., and definitely would not recommend someone staying here for a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Run13_miles
beauchamp123, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Clarion Suites. We value your opinion and will use your comments to continue to improve -the goal in mind would be the perfect guest stay.

Lisa Beauchamp
Sales Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Was very pleased with my stay at the Clarion in Augusta. The hotel could use some updating, but for the price it was fine. The staff worked very hard to work out the few problems that some of us in our group had. The breakfast was good every morning, and was ready at the time promised. I do not mind giving up a few comforts for a great price. I would stay here again without a question.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor, we value our guest's opinion.

Lisa Beauchamp
Sales Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2010

I and my spouse have stayed there twice and it was really decent comparing to what they really could charge if they would do some updating or painting and deep cleaning of the place. Don't get me wrong it is not the worst place I've seen, but it could really be swinging if some updating to the place was done. My rooms were really nice and for the value especially. I don't know of very many places with suites that offer a happy hour with 2 free drinks per person and a free full HOT breakfast that is really, really good. A full southern style homemade breakfast. I enjoyed my stay in spite of some minor flaws and will continue to be a customer there. Shout out to Sherrell and Carnetta. Really the entire staff was very friendly and courteous, but those two ladies were the best. I tell anyone that ask me about a place and I always recommend this Calrion Suites.
Mrs. LH

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We value our guest's opinion and use their comments to further improve our property.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 18, 2010

I stayed at the hotel this past weekend as I was in town for a bowling tournament. TThehotel is very close to Brunswick National Lanes - will take less than two minutes to drive there. The rooms are in need of a renovation. Although they were relatively clean, the counter in the room was stained and dingy. The blanket on the bed also had several holes. The refrigerator and microwave were old but were clean. The bathroom is very large and the room is a suite with two tv's. The breakfast is free and is a good value. It is not the average free buffet but contains a few hot selections and an ample supply of cereal, toast, bagels, etc. The exterior of the hotel is very clean and there is an outside grassy area that has a barbeque grill and pool area. Beware of the shower, I repeat beware of the shower. On all three days of my stay, the shower temperature changed drastically and went from very cold to very hot by itself. It did this several times. If you have small children, do not allow them to use the shower until this is corrected; make sure that they take baths. As my room was on the side where the pool is, I was unable to park my car where I could see it. The hotel offers two free drinks between 5-7pm but I was unable to experience it due to my schedule. Several restaurants are very close by and within walking distance. If you are on a budget, the hotel is a good value.

• Stayed: May 2010

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while taking a shower, our Maintenance Department is addressing this.
Thank you again for the comments, we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you visit Augusta.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 24, 2010

I would like to compliment the staff at the Clarion Suites of Augusta,GA for the incredible job they perform in caring for customer's needs. The hotel is an excellent choice for accomodations while in Augusta,GA. I have stayed on many occations because of my work. The front desk staff are the greatest and will treat you with true southern hospitally. Special thanks to Carnetta Lee, Terri, and Brittany for a most enjoyable visit each time. Robert L. Wood of Bishopville,SC

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We value our customer's comments so we can continue to provide outstanding service.

Office Manager

Reviewed February 9, 2010

We are usually in Augusta a couple of times a month and have stayed in several different hotels and I must say this was by far the best visit there yet.. The room was perfect, it was very clean and neat, very quiet and located directly in front of handicap parking as my husband is a disabled American Veteran and is in a wheelchair. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linen and towels weren't like sandpaper. The staff is very friendly and helpful..We will always stay there. The manager Jeanie Crouch goes above and beyond to be helpful and acomadate the guest.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites

Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was on R&R from Iraq and stayed at this Hotel. The service was bad first they over charged me and told me that they would call my bank to return the money the same day. Instead they did some kind of recharge with the credit card machine and I didnt get my money back until after my Leave. To make things worst I was electricuted when plugging up there Iron. I suffered from a small burn on my arm. They did call for help but did not offer to pay for my hospital bill or the ambulance ride. Once I got back from the Hospital I wasnt treated to a different room or anything. It was like nothing had ever happen.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
beauchamp123, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at The Clarion Suites. We value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge your stay with us. We will use your comments to help us to continue to improve and achieve perfect guest satisfaction.

Office Manager