“GREAT hotel”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our room was clean and the staff was great. We had a small area with a couch, desk and a TV and a separate bedroom area with a King sized bed, another TV and a huge bathroom. The hotel was very clean and quiet. In the morning there was a hot breakfast in the lobby with eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, waffles, juices, coffee and cereals. The cable is extensive- tons of channels and the internet was great. I spent the whole day at the hotel working on my computer as my husband was out on site and had no issues with the internet, as a matter of fact, it was fairly fast.

There are plenty of options for food within walking distance including a Waffle House next door and a Pizza Hut, Wild Wings Cafe and a Captain's D right across the street. The only issue we had was that there were no sidewalks so it wasn't too safe to walk too far from the hotel- (though this is no fault of the hotel). The hotel sits back on a busy street so it was hard to hear the traffic in our room.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We really appreciate the great reponse, and on behalf of me and my staff at the Hotel, We will like to say Thank You.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This is no longer the beautiful Radisson suites hotel! This place has gone down tremendously! Very disappointed with the conditions of the property and the rooms some rooms had flat screens some had. switched rooms because of cleanliness and the more we switched, the worst it got. $89.00 per night! would've done better at a motel 6.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank dlbutler
jeannie c, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Please accept my apology for the issues that you experienced during your stay , the hotel is going thru renovations and I would like to extend to you a complimentary stay if your travels bring you back to the Augusta Ga. area. Thank you .

Reviewed January 18, 2014

WORST HOTEL EVER! There was a HORRIBLE STENCH topped off with bleach. All furniture and appliances looked to be 20yrs old. CARPET WAS FILTHY. Had what appeared to be BLACK MOLD in bathroom. To top it off there wasn't any HOT WATER! My wife and I left in under than 30 mins. Better Suited For A Flop House!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Wingate Motel is Great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SonnySanders

I'm concerned about the service you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring these matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequentley, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

If your ever in the Augusta Area please contact me directly.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a king site for a few nights while in Augusta for my significant other's work. The room was very spacious and very clean. I had no worries about my son playing in the floor like I do some places. The bed was great! We stay in Choice Hotels 28 days a month, we know a good hotel when we see it. Most people complaining are probably just there for the Master's. In that case, they're probably used to a five diamond luxury hotel. ANYWAY, it was a nice stay. I do; however, want to brag on the housekeeping staff that changed room 312 on Wed Jan 15. I left a VERY expensive Nikkon camera and a go pro camera we use for our shooting videos and pictures of our 9 month old son. It very easily could have been stolen, but this housekeeper took everything to the office. I know, "that's what their job is", but no. I'm very thankful for you and your character. It might not mean much, but I will be reporting this to Choice Hotel as we are a diamond platinum member and I will make sure your manager knows what an outstanding individual you are. Keep it up, this will be our go to hotel while on Augusta from now on, and we're here a lot

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank leabug85

Thank You!! If you are ever in the Augusta Area, We will be glad to have you.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Servicable. A place to rest your head. About a mile from Augusta National so close in proximity but nothing extraordinary about this hotel. They did know how to handle the volume of guests that were there over the weekend. Rooms were clean but old

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of the great service you received. Thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I love this place, from the free drinks, breakfast, and rooms. Chataba and Carmetta are great. Very nice staff.very close to many restaurants and shopping. I would be staying again in may for family reunion can't wait!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was very nice and and helpful. The breakfast was very tasty and delicious. The hotel is very clean and my room was fresh and comfortable. This is my second stay at this hotel and each stay is great. I also noticed my room had a flat screen tv which was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming toAugusta Ga

• Stayed: November 2013