“Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great Value and Great Breakfast. I travel 4 nights a week, 50 weeks a year in three states. This hotel has the best breakfast by far. Two free drinks upon checking in does not hurt either.
The rooms are clean, safe and spacious. Best of all the staff is all Southern Hospitality.

I love this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank glass54258
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank You for Choosing Clarion Suites By, Choice Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am from out of state, but often have business in Georgia, I have stayed at the Clarion each time I come. This weekend however there was a problem with not having hot water, I can't express enough how well the staff handled the situation. In particular the manager Jeannie. She was so regretful that this happened. I have to say that after staying at the hotel many times, I completely understood whatever happened with the water was no ones fault, just a situation that could not be helped. We have all encountered situations such as this in our lives this in our lives, but the way the staff handled it was very professional. I have had 2 open heart surgeries in the past and the staff and manager have went beyond the call of duty to make sure I get a room on the first floor. It has been my choice to stay at the Clarion many times and cold water or not, the way the staff and management handle this situation as always was very professional and compassionate. I love the breakfast look forward to it each time I come

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lisa R
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We are in the middle of our second night here. We were looking for a decent place to stay while my daughter was here for a tournament. The room is not well kept. The first thing I had to do was get febreeze and Lysol disinfectant for the bathrooms. We were moved to a different room that was only slightly better. There was no hot water EVER and I listened to the staff lie repeatedly that the water would be on in "about an hour" to new guests as they came in. Never saw any of the bugs that others spoke of but you did have the feeling that they would come out any minute. I really wish we could have left right after arriving but we could not get an immediate refund bc we had booked through a third party. Hindsight being 20/20 I wish we would have spent a couple of more bucks and had a decent place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 4insteadof5

706-868-1800 ext 507

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Furnishings were rejects from a thrift shop, one 'table' had contact paper around all the legs. The bedspread was clumpy and faded. The chest of drawers had more chips and makings than a Dalmatian has spots. There was no hot water, the tub did not drain, the toilet over flowed. I have seen better slum dwellings, that made a better attempt at looking presentable. I checked out within an hour and the whole place should be condemned.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank P M

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rooms suck, got roaches and bed bugs. Had the nerve to say they were palmetto bugs. I know bugs when I see them. Never again. The staff sits around doing nothing. Stairwells are filthy with cigarette butts and bottles

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bigtone371

Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We loved it here. we checked it and got coupons for complimentary cocktails. the room was nice the area was good. the breakfast was amazing full buffet free all you can eat. wonderful experience! they have a huge pool.waffle house in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gayle H
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites By, Choice Hotels
Petersburg, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Horrible place to stay. My girlfriend and our whole family were terrified of the people and the conditions. The air conditoner barly worked and the room service was non-existant. There was even broken furniture in our room.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel if you like cleanliness and safety.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nobodyimportant_13
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014