“no coupons no breakfast”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We travel to lots of places, but this one took the cake. Our room looked like it had been broken into, and for breakfast we went down and they verbally attacked us cause we didn't have coupons. The person who checked us in did not give us any info only a room key. We had know idea we needed anything. I was able to eat, but my poor husband was the one who got attacked.
I would not say its the greatest place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shmily05
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff is absolutely special. Friendly, southern, and gracious. The rooms are suites which means you get a sitting area which has a hide-a-bed. Each night you are given two free drinks of your choice. And, each morning you get a full freshly cooked breakfast by a woman who not only makes sure that the food is tasty, but the breakfast area is kept clean.

As a traveling salesperson, when I come to Augusta, GA I go where I get great food, a great room, and a great price. Most importantly the people are the best. I am 60 years old and have been around. I know top quality management when I see it, and I see it at the Clairion.

Room Tip: If it is Augusta, GA do yourself a favor, stay at the Clairon. t
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at this property on several occassions and always enjoy my time. The employees are very hospitable and helpful. The rooms are clean and very roomy. The grounds are clean and well maintained. Many may judge this property harshly because it is an older one, but you can see the pride in the emplyees at every turn to maintain the intrigrity of the hotel. The FULL breakfast is better than I have had at any other establishment and I swear it was cooked by "my grandmother". The nightly happy hour is over the top as well. The location of this hotel is perfect in Augusta! If you are looking for a welcoming and clean stay I would highly recommend the Clarion Suites on Washington Rd.

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the courtyard/pool!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites

Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion Suites for the second time in as many years hoping for a few updates to this Choice hotel in a prime location for restaurants/bars/etc. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the lack of updates and the sense that the Choice brand has 'given up' on this property. I actually stayed in the same double suite that I stayed in last year on the ground floor of the back of the property. This area of the property has become rather sketchy, with trailers dropped in the corner of the lot, etc. Dog droppings in the grass outside my room stayed there for the duration of my 3 day trip. The room itself was unchanged from the last visit. The beddings are outdated, the bathroom was dirty with a ring around the toilet and tub, and the TV's are still large box TV's with only portions of the cable working. The sleeper sofa has always left something to be desired, but when it was opened up on the first night contained half a pack of cigarettes and a condom (still in package) that had apparently been closed up into the unit by the last guest and not checked by the staff. (We opted to sleep on the couch cushions rather than the sleeper mattress). It was only a short stay, so I didn't make a huge fuss about it at the desk, as I really feel like the staff would have few options to remedy most of the issues. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was dealing with an intoxicated guest who was cursing, etc. while paying for her room in coins/change. The desk attendant did an excellent job handling the situation. Overall, I really feel like the staff does it's part, but that the owners, etc. have given up on the property. I will not be returning unless there are significant changes reflected in user reviews, etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad E

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Picking a good hotel on the internet is a turkey shoot at best. I picked a great hotel. The hotel is located near excellent restaurants and two miles from the Masters. I was warmly greeted upon arrival, they took care of every request I had. They have an excellent breakfast and an even better happy hour with excellent selections in food and drink. The hotel is very clean and the staff is always there for your needs. I will be booking at this hotel for Masters 2013.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have stayed here on more than one occasion being a Choice Rewards member but this hotel is plainly outdated. Here is my take:

Pros:
Nice staff
Excellent free breakfast
Great cocktails/ evening beverage
Clean Pool
Free Wifi
Spacious suites and bathrooms

Cons:
Seriously outdated
Old big box TVs with half cable channels working
Mystery stains on the walls
Filthy carpets

This is okay for a short stopover but I would not recommend for large families, girlfriend getaways, business, or romantic nights. It seems more suited for truckers, loners, and questionable characters. Our keys stopped working after a few hours the last visit. The visit before that I found a condom left from the previous guest (I had a minor with me). Another visit, I checked in and my room door was opened before I arrived and the ceiling was falling in. Apparently, I was given a room in the middle of painting and repairs! I was moved and upgraded to a better room. Come on Clarion, get it together! You have wonderful staff but your hotel have gone down in the last few years.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you check in to make up your mind to stay. Wear shoes at all time!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TripTraveler10

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Had not previously stayed at Clarion Suites. Made reservation due to location and pet policy. Was very pleased with room and hotel in all respects. Front desk personnel very helpful. Efficient checkin. Per my request suggested good nearby restaurants. Breakfast better than expected especially at the price level of this hotel.
I will stay at Clarion Suites again and recommend this location.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.