“A great stay with a 'southern' flare”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Orange Park, Florida
“A great stay with a 'southern' flare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at this property on several occassions and always enjoy my time. The employees are very hospitable and helpful. The rooms are clean and very roomy. The grounds are clean and well maintained. Many may judge this property harshly because it is an older one, but you can see the pride in the emplyees at every turn to maintain the intrigrity of the hotel. The FULL breakfast is better than I have had at any other establishment and I swear it was cooked by "my grandmother". The nightly happy hour is over the top as well. The location of this hotel is perfect in Augusta! If you are looking for a welcoming and clean stay I would highly recommend the Clarion Suites on Washington Rd.

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the courtyard/pool!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Statesville, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion Suites for the second time in as many years hoping for a few updates to this Choice hotel in a prime location for restaurants/bars/etc. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by the lack of updates and the sense that the Choice brand has 'given up' on this property. I actually stayed in the same double suite that I stayed in last year on the ground floor of the back of the property. This area of the property has become rather sketchy, with trailers dropped in the corner of the lot, etc. Dog droppings in the grass outside my room stayed there for the duration of my 3 day trip. The room itself was unchanged from the last visit. The beddings are outdated, the bathroom was dirty with a ring around the toilet and tub, and the TV's are still large box TV's with only portions of the cable working. The sleeper sofa has always left something to be desired, but when it was opened up on the first night contained half a pack of cigarettes and a condom (still in package) that had apparently been closed up into the unit by the last guest and not checked by the staff. (We opted to sleep on the couch cushions rather than the sleeper mattress). It was only a short stay, so I didn't make a huge fuss about it at the desk, as I really feel like the staff would have few options to remedy most of the issues. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was dealing with an intoxicated guest who was cursing, etc. while paying for her room in coins/change. The desk attendant did an excellent job handling the situation. Overall, I really feel like the staff does it's part, but that the owners, etc. have given up on the property. I will not be returning unless there are significant changes reflected in user reviews, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chad E
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Picking a good hotel on the internet is a turkey shoot at best. I picked a great hotel. The hotel is located near excellent restaurants and two miles from the Masters. I was warmly greeted upon arrival, they took care of every request I had. They have an excellent breakfast and an even better happy hour with excellent selections in food and drink. The hotel is very clean and the staff is always there for your needs. I will be booking at this hotel for Masters 2013.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have stayed here on more than one occasion being a Choice Rewards member but this hotel is plainly outdated. Here is my take:

Pros:
Nice staff
Excellent free breakfast
Great cocktails/ evening beverage
Clean Pool
Free Wifi
Spacious suites and bathrooms

Cons:
Seriously outdated
Old big box TVs with half cable channels working
Mystery stains on the walls
Filthy carpets

This is okay for a short stopover but I would not recommend for large families, girlfriend getaways, business, or romantic nights. It seems more suited for truckers, loners, and questionable characters. Our keys stopped working after a few hours the last visit. The visit before that I found a condom left from the previous guest (I had a minor with me). Another visit, I checked in and my room door was opened before I arrived and the ceiling was falling in. Apparently, I was given a room in the middle of painting and repairs! I was moved and upgraded to a better room. Come on Clarion, get it together! You have wonderful staff but your hotel have gone down in the last few years.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you check in to make up your mind to stay. Wear shoes at all time!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TripTraveler10

Carnetta Lee
Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Had not previously stayed at Clarion Suites. Made reservation due to location and pet policy. Was very pleased with room and hotel in all respects. Front desk personnel very helpful. Efficient checkin. Per my request suggested good nearby restaurants. Breakfast better than expected especially at the price level of this hotel.
I will stay at Clarion Suites again and recommend this location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I REALLY ENJOYED OUR STAY AT CLARION SUTIES. When we first arrived, the hotel staff was very helpful with friendly faces and smiles.We requested a non- smoking room,but when we entered I could smell the smoke(I have asthma),I sprayed room sprays to try to get rid of the odor, but it wouldn't go away.My husband and I went to happy hour,where we meet Lisa,another friendly face with a great smile. My husband and I were there to go to my mother's birthday party, we had little time to spend with Lisa, but the time we did spend was outstanding. On our way back to our room, my husband and I spoke with Cahtabia(customer relations) about the smoke in the room.Cahtabia, without any questions at all ,made sure that our accommdations were changed to meet our needs. Cahtabia took control of the situation without hasting.Thanks Clarion for employing outstanding people with great character.Outstanding breakfast!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda C
Thank you for Choosing Clarion Suites.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed at this establishment at least four occasion. I have enjoyed each stay. My rooms were very nice and accommodating. The staff constantly went over and beyond the call of duty to make sure my family and I were taken care of. On each occasion I have never heard or experienced any negativeness. I was always greeted with a smile, and was always asked if there was anything esle that could be done to make me happier. In the future, I will drive the extra miles to stay where I know I will be taken care of and around friendly and caring staff. Special thanks to the front desk manager staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.