“Dangerous”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed July 17, 2011

People running up and down breezeway yelling at 11pm. Room down the hall had window broken out by other guest. Front desk acted like they did not care nor do anything about it. Hotel condition overall very poor. Nasty dirty pool water, murky. Linens ragged. Room manitenance did not come for 5 hours. Asked for sheets for sofa sleeper and never got them until tracked down houskeeper and then had to wait another hour. Front desk staff just there to collect a paycheck attitude. Wi-Fi too slow to use.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adistlefink
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

I will have to say our experience at this hotel was quite average except for a couple of things. I loved the happy hour provided by the hotel and the full breakfast was nice but both these things were over shadowed by the fact that I had to kill a cockroach in our room. The front desk offered us no financial compensation for this and said they would have it sprayed the next day (which did nothing for us and our stay). They could not even offer us another room because the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room out out from under the breezeway. It was dark and voices carried.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Exterior rooms, scary people hanging around parking lot, rooms run down, smelly, dirty. Extremely rude staff. I could go on and on, but it's too depressing to relive.
Many better options in the immediate area for similar price.
Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SBelluci

Reviewed June 2, 2011

we arrived at the hotel on saturday may 28,2011 only one clerk on duty ,took quiet a while to get checked in finnally got to the room it was clean got ready to take a shower
and tryint to ajust the water temperture was awful it was either hot hot or cold an second day house keeping didn't leave wash clothes at all we had to go down and get them
on third went down for a hot breakfast and were told very unprofessional that every body
called off and we could eat the muffins and cereal.we want be staying at the clarion again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank listkokomo

Reviewed May 24, 2011

This was the 3rd stay at Clarion. Travel to Augusta, GA at least 3 times a year for bowling tournament. When we arrived, we could not get into our room as the keys would not worked. Had to go back and forth several times, change rooms and go back to the dsame room eventually, as the other rooms that were were put into were dirty. The bathrooms in some rooms were not cleaned properly. Once settled in, the room was OK. The breakfast is great. Hot buffet items that were very good. The free coctail hour at 5pm is an excellent value. Be sure to get your 2 free drinks! Tip the nice bartender girls whilel you are there. Hotel is close to the bowling alley and several restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Mihu08

Reviewed April 21, 2011

When we arrived there, there were very few people staying at the hotel. We were told the room was non-smoking, but when we went in, it smelled terrible. It was a 'suite', so we called down to see if there was another suite available. There was, so we went down, got the key for the new room, and headed back up to the second floor. Upon arriving at the room, none of the keys worked. We called down again. They sent a maintenance guy up. We waited at least 5 minutes for him to saunter up to the room. He checked the lock and the battery was low on the door. After another 15 minutes while he went and got the tool he needed, we finally got in the room.

The extra bed linens we needed were not available and the sink in the bathroom was stopped up. We called down again and were told they would not have anybody available to deliver the linens for a while. We requested that the maintenance person bring them when they come to unstop the sink.

The room itself was relatively clean although it was overall rundown. They have not maintained the hotel the way that most Clarions I've stayed in have been.

This was definitely a disappointment and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I had full expectations of an expensive stay considering it was a big week in Augusta. I had a two bed suite with a pull out couch and was told I would get a rolling bed. I never recieved the rolling bed and was told that wasn't part of the deal. I arrive to the lobby for my free drinks and food at 10 til 7, stayed in line for 12 minutes, as I approached the lady she said that it was after 7 and I couldn't get a drink. I could go on and on, but I'll just say if you can find another hotel to stay at, even if you have to do some extra driving, I would higly recommend doing so.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends