“no chance of a return stay”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Bryant, Arkansas
“no chance of a return stay”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I had full expectations of an expensive stay considering it was a big week in Augusta. I had a two bed suite with a pull out couch and was told I would get a rolling bed. I never recieved the rolling bed and was told that wasn't part of the deal. I arrive to the lobby for my free drinks and food at 10 til 7, stayed in line for 12 minutes, as I approached the lady she said that it was after 7 and I couldn't get a drink. I could go on and on, but I'll just say if you can find another hotel to stay at, even if you have to do some extra driving, I would higly recommend doing so.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank yepyep00
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

706-868-1800 ext 507

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Thanks for accomodating my party with a spacious ballroom, clean bathrooms, and friendly workers. Everything was EXCELLENT. I would like to do business with you again in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Lobby and pool was great, the rooms were not that impressive. the beds were on a box like thing, and not a bed frame. refigerator in our room had leaked previsously and had white caulking all over the bottom of it and it was adhered to the carpet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We traveled from Fl. to Augusta Ga. for a family members funeral first they give us a smoking room never asked. They were glad to move us to another room that was great. We come back later that night and our key wouldn't work, the next day we had a hard time to get extra wash cloths. Came back to the hotel late the next night and our key would not work AGAIN, this time they locked our doors because their was clothes in the room, and the room was not asigned to anyone. The pull out couch their was springs comming off, so glad light weight kids were sleeping on it

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Houston
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The Good
A hot buffet breakfast is included and it was very good. It had a good selection and included things like grits, cheese grits, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc . Make sure to show up with your breakfast ticket, as it will be asked for.
Staff was nice (although desk clerk was on the phone telling another employee to make sure they were at work at 11 to relieve her, and she mentioned to me that it's a shame when you have to call people and make sure they come to work on time).
Convenient location for travelers, right off the freeway.
Good price if you are just looking for a place to lay your head.
Free Wi-Fi (which my teenager appreciated!)

Bad
Saw a roach
Couch was dirty and stained
slight smell/odor to the room
Given 4 different prices within a 10 minute time frame. Original price quoted was not the price on the receipt I was asked to sign prior to checking in.

We stopped here overnight on a drive from South Carolina. Our flight was out of Atlanta the next morning, and it was late. I had been driving all day with 2 kids and I was exhausted. I chose this hotel because it was a suite (kids could be in different rooms) and the outside looked very nice. I ran inside to ask if they had rooms available, and what the price was. The lobby of this hotel looks is impressive- Very clean, modern, a great looking dining area. I'm picky about hotels (a germaphobic of sorts) but I liked what I saw and decided to to go with this hotel. Usually the hotels I stay in cost a bit more, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg to stay in a hotel for just a few hours. Turns out the hotel lobby is not indicative of what the rooms look like.

I went back out to get the kids and our luggage and came back in to register. The price on my receipt she asked me to sign was not the price she quoted me 5 minutes before. It was higher. So I asked if that was the price including tax. She said "Oh, what price did I quote you - and she said 2 other prices - neither of which she had quoted me earlier. Then she gave me the room for even less. So 4 different prices within a 10 minute time frame.....something seemed a little off about that (the final price she gave me was $20 cheaper than the original price on my receipt), but since I ended up getting the room for less that originally quoted, I didn't complain. She handwrote in the new price on the receipt, and had me initial it. I made a mental note to myself to double check the price I was charged the next morning when I checked out, since she had originally charged me more than quoted.

After exiting the lobby, I realized that this was a hotel with exterior corridors. That was not apparent from the outside/lobby because of the way the hotel was designed. But that's not a deal breaker, especially for a 1 night stay. Upon entering the room, I did like the way it was set up. The front room had a couch, tv, and desk, and there were 2 doors that closed it off from the bedroom, which had 2 double beds and a tv also. The couch was stained and dirty looking. We covered that with a blanket prior to laying on it. The comforters on the beds seemed new and were very nice. There was a small fridge and microwave included.

The bathroom looked clean, as did the room. Just seemed old. There also was a slightly off odor. To be honest, the room gave me the creepy crawlies but since I didn't see anything obvious, outside of the couch, I just relaxed and went to sleep. The next morning, I did see a roach in the room (a live one) on the wall. I was not thrilled about that.....at all.

Again, the hotel served it's purpose and it was acceptable and at a good price. I just wouldn't really recommend someone staying here for a vacation and I wouldn't stay here again. I did feel like the lobby did not really indicate the quality of the hotel., and definitely would not recommend someone staying here for a vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Run13_miles
beauchamp123, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Clarion Suites. We value your opinion and will use your comments to continue to improve -the goal in mind would be the perfect guest stay.

Lisa Beauchamp
Sales Manager
Meansville, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Was very pleased with my stay at the Clarion in Augusta. The hotel could use some updating, but for the price it was fine. The staff worked very hard to work out the few problems that some of us in our group had. The breakfast was good every morning, and was ready at the time promised. I do not mind giving up a few comforts for a great price. I would stay here again without a question.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor, we value our guest's opinion.

Lisa Beauchamp
Sales Manager
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I and my spouse have stayed there twice and it was really decent comparing to what they really could charge if they would do some updating or painting and deep cleaning of the place. Don't get me wrong it is not the worst place I've seen, but it could really be swinging if some updating to the place was done. My rooms were really nice and for the value especially. I don't know of very many places with suites that offer a happy hour with 2 free drinks per person and a free full HOT breakfast that is really, really good. A full southern style homemade breakfast. I enjoyed my stay in spite of some minor flaws and will continue to be a customer there. Shout out to Sherrell and Carnetta. Really the entire staff was very friendly and courteous, but those two ladies were the best. I tell anyone that ask me about a place and I always recommend this Calrion Suites.
Mrs. LH

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We value our guest's opinion and use their comments to further improve our property.

Front Office Manager