Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Very Good 4/5
Deluxe Inn(North Augusta)
Good 3.5/5
  • Fitness center
All reviewssavannah rivermain towerthe river walkthe concierge loungesuites towerboll weevilgreat view of the riverself parkbroad streethotel restaurantattended a conferencebreakfast buffetsuite roomliving areahotel is in a great locationrooms are niceoutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I have used this Marriott thrice and have never been disappointed. Rooms are clean and pretty well maintained as one would expect of a Marriott property. This location is right iff a promenade like river walk right next to Savannah river and is great for an evening walk or a jog. Pretty close to downtown so one will have plenty of dining choices close by. Would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: High floors towards East will have a good view of the Savannah river.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Covention Center back in July and the room itself was ok. The design of it was a bit confusing the jacuzzi was in a odd place in the room. Other than that it was ok. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Matthew Ricker

Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel, I guess is the best that Augusta, GA has to offer. I am a loyal Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite Member (Ritz Carlton) and have never experienced the level of stubbornness and pride that exists among the management of the hotel and I do not mean that in a good way. I had a terrible experience in one of the rooms at the hotel it flooded and my family and I were up all night trying to get the situation rectified and again the next morning after repeated phone calls someone came around 2 AM and handed some towels through the door for us to handle the situation. The next morning someone came and took out 2 feet of wet towels. The hotel did comp the room or as they put it, my room was "FREE"? Whoopie! You mean I did not have to pay for that, how kind of them. I have spoke with management staff since then and stated that I felt that a free nights stay in the future would truly be what I considered good and exceptional customer service. Of course they didn't agree. The Hotel Mgr. Matt [---] didn't agree, the Hotel Gen. Mgr. Darryl [---], didn't agree and the Room controller Idalis [---] didn't agree. I am a very loyal friend and customer of the Marriott Corporation, but with friends like those mentioned above who needs enemies. This hotel is dingy, musty, smells and outdated not only did the shower flood there was lime, mold and mildew present we had to have someone clean that as well, it was gross.

Room Tip: Do not get handicap hospitality suite bed structure - shower floods.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Loyal153
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Loyal153,

We are sorry that you feel that way. We feel that not charging you for the night you were unhappy with and crediting you with the rewards points you would have earned had you paid for that night is appropriate compensation.

Cordially,
Matthew Ricker

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My flight from Atlanta to Augusta was delayed by three hours. So I arrived at the hotel @ 11:30 PM. The check in was pretty quick and efficient. However, my delayed flight means that my last full meal was at 5:00 PM. After I placed my luggage in the room, I proceeded to go to the "bar" area to get a burger. The wait staff told me that the kitchen just closed. She offered me peanuts but I declined as I was really hungry and need some sort of real food. She proceeded to tell me that she will see what she can do for me. A few minutes later, she came back with a platter of fruits! Wow! I was so happy. When I tried to pay, she said no charge! Thank you! Thank you very much! What a treat for a weary traveler.

My stay was only for one night. The last time I stayed at this hotel was 7 years ago and in the meantime they added a new tower of suites. And this time my room was at the new tower. This addition opened up the place and made it look grand and expansive. The suite is spacious with a privacy door to the bedroom.

Of course, the river walk at the back is pretty amazing!

Definitely will always be my hotel of choice in Augusta

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I am too well traveled to see racism everywhere I go. I generally consider that perhaps the person is just rude. However, the treatment I and my companions recieved at this hotel that involved a request to valet our car was without question a racist event in my eyes. I attended a women's conference at this hotel and although the luncheon and other parts of the hotel were steller and a credit to the Marriott brand, a brand that I am so supportive of that I am a rewards member. The front desk staff and valet left me a little peeved. First, the car that pulled in ahead of me was instantly approached. A white gentleman got out of that car. We sat for another five minutes and finallly I got out of the car to speak to the valet. First, he looked at me like I had made a wrong turn somewhere, although I was dressed in a St. John suit, pearls and pumps. He asked what I needed and I said, please valet my car. He said they only valet when you are checking in. I told thim that was silly. I asked him if he charged his hotel guests for valeting their cars. He said yes. I said fine. Whatever the days cost is, I would pay it. I handed him my key and left. After the conference I went to the front desk to pay for my car and the gentleman there was so annoyed that I made the valet park my car that he made us wait for 30 minutes before he got the car. I know this was deliberate because when we talked to one of the valets outside, he shook his head, said he'd take care of it and my car arrived, driven by him 40 seconds later. The exchange at the front desk was rude and unprofessional. This is the South but it is also 2014. Black women expect and can afford valet service. Get over yourselves.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank PaulaHR
AugustaMarriott, General Manager at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear PaulaHR,

I am sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced while at our hotel. The goal of our team is to deliver excellent service and product to each and every one of our guests. In the event of your encounter with us we left you with the feeling that strived to do less than that and for that I am terribly sorry. There appears to be some confusion about our valet program. It is the fact (which is clearly posted at the front drive of the hotel) that we only valet the vehicles of our overnight guests. We simply do not have the valet parking capacity to valet park vehicles of guests who are coming to events at our hotel. In your note you stated that in your opinion that was silly and were offended by the fact that bellman told you that we only valet overnight vehicles. Again I am sorry that you felt that way and in fact the bellman was trying to tell you what was the fact of the matter.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am going to coach our bell staff about how to better deliver the message regarding the fact that we valet cars for overnight guests only in the hope that we will not have people feel that we are rude and unprofessional when we are speaking about that situation in the future.

Matt Ricker