“Suite side is very nice.”

Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Initially they gave us the wrong room and it was musty and damp smelling. But it was quickly rectified and we were moved to the suite we reserved. The suite side was very nice and the Concierge lounge was nice too. My daughter took advantage of the indoor pool but it was too cold for my husband.
The economy has taken its toll on downtown Augusta. Broad street and the river walk area had many empty buildings and isn't as walker friendly as the visitor websites suggest.
If you need to be in this area this hotel would be a nice choice.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lkzmom
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to get you and your family checked-in in the correct guest room. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our state association holds its conference here every few years. Marissa, the conference manager is wonderful. The rooms are reasonably priced and are very comfortable. Augustino's, the restaurant, is good and reasonable for a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GregBar35091
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will pass along your compliments to Marisa. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Made an overnight trip to August with friends on 2/23/13 to see a local theater production. Had stayed at the Marriott one particular time prior, and suggested it once again. The hotel is fine, and the river-walk levee along the river is lovely. Parking is a bit awkward in that the spaces themselves are TINY! It is impossible to park 2 cars side-by-side, and get out, without hitting the car beside you. Thankfully I wasn't driving, but my travel companion was non-too-pleased that his new vehicle was going to be subject to this. We parked on the FAR side of hte garage in hopes that no one would park beside us. The guestroom was clean and tidy, although, it's time for some re-grouting in the shower. All in all, a nice visit. Oh yeah...On the Marriott Suites side of the hotel (backside) is a GREAT little restaurant called Bollweevils....AMAZINGLY HUGE desserts! We bought eight!!!

Room Tip: River-View is nice, but probably costs more....downtown Augusta views aren't all that great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for recently staying with us. We appreciate your comments and will pass them along to our maintenance team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I came to Augusta to visit my husband who was stationed at Fort Gordon. He was not able to stay with me, so I booked this hotel because I was not familiar with the area and thought that if I paid a little more that I would definitely be safe. Untrue.

When I first entered the hotel, it seemed nice and a little outdated. But that was okay. The front desk staff seemed nice but nothing out of the ordinary. We checked in and went to our room which seemed ordinary. The room was facing the entrance, so I could view 10th street easily. Our curtains would not close all the way. You could close one side, but the other side would open right back up. A tad annoying but not entirely a deal breaker.

I had to drop my husband back on base by midnight, so we left the hotel. Upon leaving, we stopped at the stop light 1/2 block over and saw numerous (what I imagine to be) prostitutes crossing the cross walk and walking the streets around us. I dont know... strippers maybe? Wearing tights and a thong on top. Yikes....

I come back to the hotel and park in the parking garage... every spot is just a tad too small so most people parked their car in 2 spaces. Frustrating when you're paying $7 per day.. for that. At about 12:30am I walk back into the hotel. The sign says "Must use key card to enter after hours". I am wondering what the after hours were because I didnt have to use my key card to enter. You walk down a ramp and can enter an elevator that is wide open. To me, that was not a great safety measure. Anyone can walk right into the hotel, duck into the elevator and go where ever in the hotel. The back of the hotel door instructs you to lock AND deadbolt your door and make sure you check the peep hole before answering your door. Obviously I would do that anyway. But I thought they would take better precautions than that.

So I get back to my room, lock the door and get ready for bed. I go into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I turn on the water and the sink just starts filling up with water, wont drain at all. I turn off the water and the drain is EXTREMELY slow. I made sure to check to see if maybe something got hit to activate the plug... NOPE. Just a very slow drain.

Go to bed and get up to get in the shower.. the shower also has a very slow drain.

I opened up the closet by the bathroom and it smelled like urine... so I decided against unpacking and hanging up my clothes.

I dont normally write reviews but this was extremely disappointing

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley C
AugustaMarriott, Social Media Specialist at Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I am terribly sorry to hear of the challenges that you bring forth in your review about your stay at our hotel. All guest concerns are important to us and when items are brought forward we address them to the best of our ability, as we will do with the issues you bring up regarding your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel and staff and it is always disappointing to hear when a valued guest such as yourself is not happy with their stay. We will, however, use such commentary as a learning opportunity to improve upon our delivery of product and service.

We hope to see you in the future, at which time I am confident we will do a better job for you.

Matthew Ricker
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Attended conference in Augusta. Stayed at the Marriott already 10+ times.
Hotel and rooms are very clean, staff always helpful. Stay on the suites side of the hotel,
the rooms are even nicer and bigger.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Suits tower are even nicer and bigger!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here last week for 3 nights for a conference. We arrived earlier than expected, but they let us check in which was nice. The hotel was very clean inside, but getting around is kind of confusing. For some reason you have to go to the second floor to get to the lobby, and several times i (and other guests) got stuck going the wrong way. But once you figure it out, it isn't bad. The staff was very friendly and was always standing around in the main hallways asking if there was anything they could do. I was happy to see they had a Starbucks, but was disappointed that it was only open for the morning. As for the room, I thought the beds were divine and comfy, but my two friends who stayed with us had horrible backaches, so not sure who you should listen to, i will say they were more on the soft/fluffy side. The restaurant in the hotel is pretty tasty as well! And finally, when our flight changed randomly we rushed to ask the hotel shuttle if they could get us to the airport asap and he quickly drove us there, waiting to make sure we were able to get on the flight. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alicia U

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will pass along your compliments to our hotel and restaurant staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Came to Augusta to run half marathon and checked trip advisor for hotels. Although this isn't ranked the highest it should be. Seems to be pretty new rooms big and all clean. Front desk staff helpful and nice. All for a fair price. Although I didn't bother it is right on the river which seemed nice. Easy walk to Broad street where there was a great book store,couple of art and antique galleries. Plus no problem to get late check so I can grab a shower after the race. Oh and the resturant was very good for diner.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Hockeybo

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our friendly staff was helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!