Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Newark, Delaware
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was greeted kindly at the front desk and given a room. I was unaware that these rooms only had outside entrances (which I don't care for). The room itself was ok but dated. I decided to take a swim in their very nice pool but was disappointed that the pool was in terrible need of vacuuming as there was green algae floating above the floor in many places. I was too tired to go out for dinner so I decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. To my surprise the food was pretty good. The next morning I had their breakfast which was ok (buffet) but there was only 1 waitress (if that is what you would call her) as she just asked what you wanted to drink and she seemed overwhelmed and unhappy to be there. I would probably look for another hotel the next time I'm in Augusta.

1 Thank Paul P
vince v, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We are very disapponted that your stay was not to your total expectations. Yes, we are n older hotel, but we pride ourself on great service. I am disappointed in the restaurant wait staff and will address this issue with the F&B director and the wait staff. In regards to the pool, we lost our circulating pump to an earlier storm 2 days before. It is replaced and in full operation again.

I would like to ask you to give us another try on your next trip. Everyone loves the huge free form pool. Not your standard hotel small pool.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I must say, when I first pulled up at the hotel, I was wary due to the exterior rooms, but it was such a lovely hotel. I was greeted by a friendly staff. They had all my paperwork ready and made me feel important. (Heather & Bianca?) When I headed to my room, I got a great view of the pool, which is truely beautiful and relaxing. The room was quiet and cool. It was an older building, but you could see the new updates. Loved that you had a choice between soft and firm pillows too. The breakfast during our stay was above and beyond! It wasn't a standard breakfast. They cooked it, instead of the pre-cooked stuff I've had at other hotels. The bartender was a nice lady that made of feel like regulars. We didn't get to eat in the restuarant, but look forward to it on our next stay. Thank you, Augusta-Gordon Hwy Holiday Inn!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank My_Girl_Tennessee
Thank you for your kind words.

We are always very happy when the guests we serve are pleasently surprised with our service and our outlets. Although we are an older property, we pride ourself on super clean rooms, great service and over the top experience with contact of all personel.

We hope you find the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Respectfully,,

North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed with my husband and 2 small children for a 2 night stay mid-summer and had no problems or complaints. The pool area is wonderful, despite a few small leaves that fall into the water (as another reviewer pointed out). The water was otherwise clean and refreshing. The rooms are all outside-entry (no hallway), with the older style A/C units that always seem to be either blowing HIGH or not at all. Floor was a little damp around the A/C unit. Beds were very comfortable, though. Bathroom was a split plan with the toilet and tub behind a door and the sink out in the room. Makes it easier to get dressed in the morning with several people trying to share the bathroom! Breakfast was very nice and a delightful surprise since most HI don't include breakfast. This is a nice (smaller) buffet in a restaurant-type setting with silverware and real glassware on the tables. A server does come around and ask if you want coffee or other drinks. Don't forget to tip! The breakfast selection the days we were there included: cold cereal, yogurt, fresh cut cantaloupe and honeydew, fresh cut pineapple, biscuits with sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, grits. There was also a station with bread and english muffins for toasting and some small pastries. Don't sit near this station -- it's warm next to the toaster!! All staff members that we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and I would have no problems returning to the Holiday Inn Augusta-Gordon Highway -- Plus, the price is fantastic!!! (oh, and free internet, too!)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor as there does not seem to be an elevator to the second floor. Also...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Xine
vince v, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We the management of the hotel would like to thank you for your good remarks regarding your recent stay.

It is nice to know people make their own judgements of a Hotel rather than taking some one else's thoughts.

We look forwrd to being host to you in the future. We wish you safe travels and a great and beautiful fall of the year.

Again we thank you.
Cookeville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff is friendly and the room was clean. What was wrong with my stay was the bedding. I was in room 171 and the mattress was horrible. It had been broken down and no matter how hard you tried you ended up in a sunken spot. I ended up sleeping in a chair. If I where you I would do what I plan to do the next time I am in the area; stay across the street at the Fairfield.

1 Thank Roy A
vince v, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Let me begin with I am sorry Roy did not find our bedding to his liking.

I do not understand how someone can make a sour comment about our bedding when in March 2012 all the bedding in the Hotel was replaced with Serta Titanium 600 bedding with pillow top. This was done at a cost in excess of $60,00.00.

I would ask Roy to please call me at 706-437-2300 so I can ask why he had a problem, when we are having guests asking how and whrere to buy our bedding.

GM.

that a person can think we have bad bedding

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Atlanta,GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

I like Holiday Inn, but this location is the worst one I've stayed at. Its not a good part of town, and the hotel is very old feeling. All the rooms have outside entrances, which gives it a roadside motel feel. The rooms were good inside and service was good as usual, but not a good location overall.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jakelassiter
vince v, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I woould like to apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our Hotel. Yes we are an older property, but one that so many guests really enjoy and continue to return to as we have the very large and beautiful exterior pool and gardens wirh a veranda and BBQ pit areas. This is not the usual indoor, small indifferent pool that is found at most hotels. We are told we are a rare exception with all our amenties including the fantastic pool.

In regards to location, our location is 1.5 miles from the 2nd largest mall in Georgia, many fine restaurants, very close to I- 20 and the nearest hotel to Fort Gordon.

We do hope you would consider us again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Room was clean but unhappy that there is no elevator for knee problem on stairs. Never occurred to me to ask as most all hotels have elevators. Mattresses on both beds were too soft from obvious wear. Told that Hotel could not accept cash for room until checkout day so had to provide debit card - this was ok. Told that account hold would take place on debit card account - this was ok. After the1st night, was locked out of room and told insufficient funds in account. This was not true as there was "WELL" over the needed amount in the account. I was then allowed to pay cash for the 2 nights (odd was not told this at checked in). Expressed unhappiness (very civil about this) with being locked out as there was plenty of money in account. Happy I could pay cash for the 2 night stay. Keys were reset to allow entry in room. But climbed stairs and keys did not work :( Had to go "BACK" to front desk and she reset keys again. I know with every fiber of my being that she did not reset keys on purpose because I expressed that I know that there are sufficient funds. When returned home and checked with bank, there was never any inquiry on account, never a hold on account funds, and plenty of funding to cover cost of 2 nights. Glad to get out of that hotel - went to Springhill Suites in Savannah where there is only account hold of 25% of room cost when using debit card. Mattresses were firm. Much more space for same price as HI in Augusta. Moral of story, do not plan to use debit cards at Holiday Inn's. They, at least in Augusta, wants to put hold on account of 100% of room cost per night - at least this is what they say :(

Room Tip: Speak to manager if you have any abnormal circumstances such as a debit card rather than a credit ca...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat R
We would like to apologize for the soft mattress experience. We realize some people prefer a more firm mattress to get there rest on, but we just replaced ALL the mattress in every room in March 2012. These are Holiday Inn Spec with a pillowtop.

We have so many guests that want to know where they can purchase them. They are Simmons Titanium 600 addition units. Mattress and box spring.

Again my sincere apology for your concern.

Vincer Vinson
Greenwood, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here several times this summer for business purposes. I was satisfied until the last time. This is a non-smoking hotel. There was an ashtray outside my room, i could smell the smoke inside the room. The pool was NASTY! There were alot of leaves in it and the water was turning green. Obviously had not been serviced in some time. This was in mid August.

1 Thank Russell N
We would like to thank you for your response and comments. I reviewing your comments I would like to start with I am sorry your stay was less that expected as we strive to be the best option for any traveler.

Regarding the pool- the pool was down due to pool pump failure. This was ordered the very same day that you were here. We recieved the pump 2 days later and was insatlled immediately. We also replaced the filtering system at the same time.

Mechanical failures do happen and we are sorry it was during your stay.

We ask that you give us another try when visiting Augusta.