“At least they try here...”

Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
virginia
“At least they try here...”
Reviewed September 10, 2004

Ok, I just completed a 4 night stay here. When I first drove up to it at night and saw it had outside corridors, I developed a less then enthusiastic feeling. This is the older and perhaps original style Hampton Inn and it really doesn't look nice from the outside. But as the saying goes, you can't judge a book by its cover. The interior was nicely decorated with new furniture. The bed was quite comfortable. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room. Despite the new decorations, the room still looked old and worn down. I commend them for at least trying. I did encounter a cockroach in my room one night and an unidentified snake close to where my car was parked one morning. Like most Hamptons, they had a great cable package - over 50 channels. the complimentary breakfast was average. There is a much newer Hampton Inn off I20 at exit 194 which looked very nice, but the going rate was double what I was paying. Should I go to Augusta again, I'll try hard to get into the newer version. BTW, I asked at the front desk about a good steak house - they recommended T-Bonz. I ate there one night and while it might be the best steak place in Augusta, I was not impressed in the least. There is an Outback close to the hotel and if it's like other Outbacks, it will be much better than TBonz.

4 Thank moodyblue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Travelers also viewed these Augusta hotels
Sunset Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Augusta South
Sleep Inn Augusta
Sleep Inn Augusta
#41 of 84 in Augusta

Been to Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road

Property: Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Address: 3030 Washington Rd, Augusta, GA 30907-3811 (Formerly Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road)
Location: United States > Georgia > Augusta
#5 Best Value Hotel in Augusta
#5 Romantic Hotel in Augusta
#15 Business Hotel in Augusta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road 2.5*
Located near historic downtown Augusta, GA, our hotel is tucked away from Washington Rd with easy access to Interstate 20. Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta-Washington Rd is only minutes away from the Augusta National Golf Course – home of the Masters Tournament and offers a choice of local dining, shopping and entertainment options within walking distance. Settle into your comfortable guest room and keep connected with free WiFi. The room also includes a spacious work desk, seating area and the comfort of clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Select a suite for extra space, a sleeper sofa, wet bar and upgraded amenities. Accessible rooms are also available with all the standard features plus a few amenities for your accessibility needs. Enjoy free hot breakfast each morning, from 6:00 am to 10:00 am. We also have a 24-hour shop offering sundries, travel essentials, snacks and beverages for your convenience. Make sure to stop by the Front Desk for some tips on local restaurants and bars. Our Augusta-Washington Rd hotel provides state-of-the-art fitness facility, available 24 hours a day. We also have a seasonal, outdoor saline pool and unique turf putting greens. Visit a popular local golf course, just minutes away from our hotel in Augusta. Host a small business meeting, briefing or training event in our meeting space, accommodating 100 guests theatre-style and 35 guests classroom-style. Our hotel is also perfect for hosting family and friends coming for weddings or reunions in the area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Washington Rd Hotel Augusta