“At the Masters”

Ranked #25 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Ontario
“At the Masters”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while going to the Masters on practice days and Par 3 day. While the hotel is not new, the staff are really friendly and helpful. Five minutes from the Course and they provide a shuttle service all day long for free. Also during the Masters not only their usual breakfast, but good supper by the pool with as much beer or wine that you want all included.
Staff and management are very good and helpful and friendly. We would stay again or should I say next time. Also it is not far from the Surrey Centre where there are many good restaurants to choose from. BTW downtown on Broad street are two very good restaurants Luigi's and Frog Hollow even though the surroundings may be questionable. But no worries during tournament week, you might see some of the golfers there..

Room Tip: If you want a fridge etc ask when you book your room, as not all rooms are equipped, non smoking als...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear MABOntario

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review. We value each comment and do our best to correct the matter and/or praise our team.

The Masters Tournament is one of our favorite times of year. After reviewing your comments, it seems that praise is in order to my team here. We work on hard on the little details that make a big difference to our operation.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay with everyone and we look forward to having you here again.

Respectfully
David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Columbia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Rate it fare to poor compared to the majority of Hampton Inns that we stay in. The room definitely needed to upgraded as to paint, carpet and fixtures. Also very small room size. Trust this will be beneficial. Thanks

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Roger A.

I apologize that our facility did not meet your expectations when compared to the modern Hampton Inn & Suites that in Hilton's Portfolio. I agree that some updates are in order however we are in preparation of building a new Hampton Inn & Suites on our grounds.

Respectfully
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a very quaint hotel. I truly surprised. The room was nice and the staff was extremely friendly. It was quiet and I was able to rest. I was in town refereeing a tournament and when I got there I was checked in very quickly and the front desk was great. I even received complimentary water and snack which I thought was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time during your most recent visit to Augusta. I am equally pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of your room and bed. I have to agree that our beds are unique and comfortable. If you wish, you have the ability to purchase the beds at any Hampton Inn hotel.

Marion, Indiana
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came to Augusta to attend The Masters. We were greeted warmly by the general manager and front desk staff. They were very friendly and offered their help with anything we needed. They provided a wonderful breakfast. The staff, including the GM, helped refil drinks, clear tables, and restock food. They were very accommodating! They also provided free meals in the evening which were handled with the same great service! (I assume they don't always provide dinner though.)

The hotel provided shuttles to and from the Masters. We were unable to find where to pick up our tickets so we went back to the shuttle to ask for help. They called back to the hotel to find out where we needed to go and then they helped us find the location. They definately went out of their way to take care of us while we were staying at their hotel!

The beds were very comfortable and the towels were nice and fluffy. The windows have nice wooden blinds with curtains that gave the room privacy. Although some things in the room look a little dated, the room was clean.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground level. There are no elevators, so people who don't want to climb stairs...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear N.W.

Thank you for taking the time share your experience from your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Augusta-Washington Rd.

We are pleased to hear that your experience during the 78th Masters Tournament was above and beyond the expectations. Our southern hospitality doesn't only carry during the masters, it is year around, 24-7.

If you want to receive information regarding the next years Masters and our package promotion please let me know via email at david.przedecki@hilton.com and I can send you all the necessary information.

Respectfully,
Acworth, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Most Hampton Inns have indoor hallways, making me feel safe. This motel must have been converted & kept the outside entrances into rooms! The rooms have that old motel feel--my bed though was wonderful & clean. I just felt unsafe in a strange town on a main highway. I sure hope to find another Hampton Inn nearby for my next trip!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Myra

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. We appreciate your business and the time you took in completing a review on our hotel on Trip Advisor.

The safety and security of each of our guests is very important to us. It is for this reason that we offer our guests the comfort of overnight security and a manager on duty daily. I am however pleased to hear that the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Respectfully,
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. I particularly liked the blinds that covered the windows. They helped to block the pesky evening sun. I didn't eat breakfast there. There was a crowd of old timers trying to figure out how to use the waffle machine. I was probably the only person at the motel without a plastic hip, so it was very quiet.

I've stayed here before, and they always want to be sure that I understand that all of their rooms are exterior entrance rooms, but I prefer this anyway. I like to park in front of my room. More convenient that way. Down-and-out is the way to go. Besides, I'm not elderly, and I'm not a chick. I don't even know why they bring that up. They need to build more down-and-out motels instead of always making people lug all of their stuff inside the building, up an elevator, and down a corridor.

Room Tip: First floor is best. No carrying luggage up the stairs that way.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Advocon

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that we met your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta.

Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus
on those areas. We appreciate your comments on the age of the hotel and how are maintaining the brand expectation.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a lovely property and the staff were SUPER! Friendly, accommodating and welcoming. The only down side is the property is 2 story with exterior doors (looks like a redeveloped motor lodge - nicely redeveloped but still feels like a motor lodge) without an elevator, which means if you're on the second floor, you can only reach your room by climbing a set of steps. The staff offered to assist with luggage, but I'd prefer not to have to go up and down steps and would request a ground level room if I stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Thank Teresa L. D
Dear Teresa,

I have reviewed your responses and want to thank you for the generous rating even though the age of my hotel was of a concern. I assure you that with age comes great service and standards. We appreciate your comments on the age of the hotel and how are maintaining the brand expectation.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.