“Warning! Warning! Warning!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Marietta, Georgia
“Warning! Warning! Warning!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I made a reservation over 6 months in advance and prepaid. Upon arrival, I was told that the non-smoking room I had reserved was not available because they had underestimated the number of "stay overs" from the night before. I was told that no other rooms were available.
It was take it or leave it. Given that about 5,000 people were in town for Ironman, there were no other last minute room options at other hotels. I was told that I should call the manager the next week to discuss. The room wreaked of smoke. The television and refrigerator were not operating requiring a maintenance man to make operable. No phone calls or emails to the manager have ever been returned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sarrcford
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear sarrcfordm,

Thank you for taking time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I am also unaware of you trying to contact me. As you can see in many of my responses, I try to respond to everyone within 2-3 days. If you would like to please feel to reach out to me again at 706.288.6909.

Again, thank you making the effort to share your thoughts with us regarding the cleanliness of the room. Additionally, we are a Generation 1 Hampton Inn, being the 16th out of 1917 Hampton Inn in existence. I cannot control the fact that we are an exterior but have complete control over the service and cleanliness.

Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Norcross, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Last stay in Augusta was the Marriott Courtyard, nearby. The was so so much better in every way. Staff was superb at the Hampton Inn. I would never stay at that Marriott nor could I recommend it under any circumstances. And this was half the cost.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Lee,

Thank for completing a response on our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate all and any feedback regarding our hotel and service...

To be compared and rated higher than a full service Marriott is extremely flattering and we appricate the praise. We aim to be the best hotel in Augusta and with your comments it shows that we are diligently working toward that goal.

Thank you again and we would love to have you back when you are in Augusta.

Weaverville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This Hampton is a nice, clean motel. I have always had a nice experience here. Good location and helpful staff. I have stayed here several times, and will do so again in the future if I am in Augusta. This Hampton Inn is a great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Amy M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay. We are doing everything we can to make sure that you are extremely satisfied by providing you with an excellent stay and accommodations.

Thank you for the kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again,

Repectfully,
Golden, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great place to stay! It was located next to a visitor center and the free trolley. You could leave right outside the hotel door to go on any of the tours. The hotel staff would help you with directions to places to eat. We did not have a negative at this place during our 2 day stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Personal

Thank you for tkaing the time to complete a response on my hotel on Trip Advisor. We value all comments and make necessary changes when needed. After reviewing your comments you posted we are flattered that your stay was Extremely Satisfactory. We are working toward being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta. With each guest we work toward giving you a clean room, a great breakfast and a team that is dedicated to give you a smile and great service.

We look forward to having your stay with us again and enjoy your weekend.

Asheville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room was extremely clean and quiet. The staff was professional and friendly and very quick to handle any issues that arose. The breakfast was surprisingly varied and good. Good coffee, fresh fruit, and bacon with biscuits and gravy, yogurt and oatmeal with slivered almonds and cranberries with orange juice I've traveled a great deal. Don't hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Scott A,
Thank you for chosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Augusta-Washington Rd, We are extremely overwhelmed with your comments noted above. We aim to be the cleanest and friendliest hotels around. I am glad to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed breakfast so much! I will relay all the postitive feedback to my staff.

We will definitely look forward to your return to your new home away from home.

Morehead City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was one of the best experiences we have ever had at a hotel!!!! All of the staff were so kind and accommodating and the room was very comfortable! We had car trouble on our trip to Augusta and did not arrive until 4:00 am. Vonn, the desk clerk, was so kind, gave us a welcome bag with water and snacks, and looked up repair shops for us and had the info waiting at the front desk for us when we woke up the next morning. Jennifer, the security guard, helped us unload our luggage and take it to our room. Our experience here truly was an unforgettable one!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear John P,
Thank you for chosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Augusta-Washington Rd, We are extremely overwhelmed with your comments noted above. With many to chose from we work very hard to be the best hotel in Augusta. We aim to be the cleanest and friendliest hotels around. I am glad to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations.

We will definitely look forward to your return to your new home away from home.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Adequate hotel, up to Hampton standards. However, the hotel is starting to show it's age. There is some of the expected wear-and-tear showing, but it still meets what I expect out of the Hampton chain. Room and bed were comfortable. Breakfast area was a bit cozy, but still delicious. Hotel staff is very friendly and great to deal with.

The only downside is that all rooms have exterior doors. So if you don't like doors that open directly to the outside, then look elsewhere. But given everything, this is another Hampton Inn that meets the Hilton standards. Would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Response. We value each survey and the comments left by our guests. I am pleased to see that 80% of the rating you gave us were all 5 of 5, but it saddens me to see we got a 3 in the rooms department.

Though we are seasoned, we still provide the great service that Hampton is known for and I see that you did receive that.

Thank you for your comments and please see us again.