“Awesome Stay!Fast and friendly staff. Very clean rooms.”

Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
“Awesome Stay!Fast and friendly staff. Very clean rooms.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Staff was very friendly. Check in was fast. Room was very clean and smelled fresh. Fast internet. Breakfast was great. A lot to choose from. Near many shops and restaurants. Had champagne chilled along with chocolates and rose for romantic weekend. Hotel staff was very courteous in telling where the best places were to go. Would definitely stay here again. Hampton Inn always does a great job in providing comfort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hpfeuffer
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Hpfeurrer,

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your most recent trip to Augusta. I am please to hear the comments of praise you gave toward my hotel and staff. I will defintely share this with my team at our upcoming staff meeting.

I hope you enjoyed the champagne and chocolates as you had mentioned and hope that the time spent together with your signifcant other was enjoyable.

Please let us know when you are returning and enjoy your upcoming weekend.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This definitely does not meet the standard of any hampton Inn that I have ever stayed . The saving grace was the staff and the front lobby. I booked the Hampton Inn since my husband is handicapped and we booked 3 rooms since we were there for a funeral of a sibling. The staff was sympathetic and helpful. The rooms furniture was not up to the Hampton standard although the price was. I was disappointed as was my brothers but it was late in the day when we got there and we had prepaid. I said average because the staff brought up the mediocre to average.

Room Tip: Ask if there are elevators,. What type of motel? Amenities? How old? When was last renovation?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Teddi D,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share you disappointment in the condition of the guest rooms. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishings were not of the high standards we expect.

we want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, high quality and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I am proud to hear the kind remarks toward our staff. I will share those comments in our monthly staff meeting coming up this week.

Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like seeking out Hampton Inns. They have great amenities, super soft beds, and they are clean and friendly. This hotel, on the other hand, was a disappointment. I even spent more money than I really wanted to because of the previous experiences I've had with Hampton Inn. I should have stayed elsewhere. The woman at the front desk was complaining that she had too much work to do and it took a while to get checked in. She really could have used some help. The room was cramped and dark. It looked as though someone had taken over a very old hotel, and tried to add the "Hampton" amenities which ended up looking silly in the room and making it crowded. The bathroom was the size of a matchbook. You had to stand in the corner to close the door. The bed was not that comfortable. All in all I was very disappointed. Breakfast in the morning was adequate - hot eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, juice, and lots of carbs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rubynrse3413
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Rubynrse3413

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta as your place of rest. We appreciate your business and the time you took in completing our survey. I apologize for the inconvienence you had when you stayed here. I would like you to know that we value your opinion and want to make it better for you.

It saddens me to here that you over heard problems that should be mentioned in view of our guests. I would like to know more info so that I can properly investigate when and who had an overwhelming of tasks.

I hope to gain your business again and please let me know when you do come back to Augusta. Let me know so that i can personally inspect your room and make sure that you are settled in nicely.

David Przedecki

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

First off I want to say that I really don't see how this hotel is still able to keep the Hampton name, it is by far the worst Hampton inn Ive ever stayed in, The toilet and fridge made noise throughout the night. The quality of the hotel and the amenities are so far outdated, I know they can afford to have a decent computer and WiFi network with security for its guest to use. Its very obvious why the other hotels were all sold out and this one still had rooms available. I'm a loyal Hinton honors member with continuous diamond status for over six years.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that all the staff members were very nice to everyone.

Room Tip: Find different Hilton Brand in the area they are all MUCH better, and the pricing compared to this...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DlvFresh25
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear DLVFresh,
Thank you for selecting us as your place of stay in Augusta on your recent trip. We value your business and your opinion. I apologize that we could not satisfy you during your stay. We are one of the remaining Hamptons that are exterior and as we have made changes and improvements to the hotel, there are some things that we still fall short on. It shocks me about your internet troubles. I am looking into it presently with our IS provider. Additionally, I am looking at replacing the business center computer entirely with updated software and security. I apoligze that you had to deal with that.

I am please to hear that my staff went above and beyond with friendliness to you and other guests during your time here. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta.

We hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.
Repectfully,
David Przedecki,
General Manager.
Atlanta
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton Honors traveler mainly due to the consistent service and quality of their properties. This Hampton Inn looked to be a fairly recent reno. The rooms were large enough and clean. No smells. Clean carpet. Bath and wash area are in good shape. Bed was goldilocks just right with clean sheets and fresh pillows. The extra blanket was just were it shield be. Newer flat screen, In-room coffee service and microwave are included. The common areas were clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good with the usual fair. I will say the small cheese omelet was a nice surprise. The American cheese was not great but OK. I didn't stay around long enough to interact with staff but the little I did was pleasant. Oh, this is an open corridor design with no elevators that I saw. However this makes for close-by parking. Proximity to the interstate was great with plenty of places to fill up you and your car. be careful crossing Washington Road. No sidewalks, crosswalks or proper lighting.

Happy travels!
I'm biased to Hilton but will say that this property is well cared for. I will be st

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank UFFDAAtlanta
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear UFFA...

Thank you so much for that response. WOW... I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We work so hard to become the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta and sure looks like we are on the right track.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast as we have worked hard on that arena to make it better than ever. I am speechless to read your comments. Thank you very much for staying with us. As a valued diamond member you stay in hotels a lot. With being one of the oldest Hampton Inn's still out there and only a handful of exteriors hotels it is hard to compete with the newer Hampton's..

Please let me know when you are coming back to Augusta so I can formally introduce myself.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I liked the buffet breakfast included with a reasonable priced room. The service was very friendy and fine. The heating and lighting were all working well. The bed good. I only had a bit of a problem getting the wifi working, but a number to call was provided and they were helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Rudi597
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. We appreciate your business and the time you took in posting comments on Trip Advisor

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that we met your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. Coming from a food background, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfasat.

thank you for commenting on our Internet. I have already spoken to our sevice department with the web access and they assured me that it has been fixed. I apologize that it wasn't working well enough for you during your time here

Let us know if you will be returning to Augusta and we can personally make sure that your internet is working. Take care and we look forward to having you back soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked a couple of rooms for high school varsity team. Very friendly service and good buffett. The rooms were very clean and pretty quiet. Parking was easily available and this hotel has quick and easy access to both the highway, many restaurants and grocery stores and it is only about 9 miles to downtown Augusta and the river. There are outside corridors in this hotel so do factor that in if you are managing multiple rooms. I would stay choose to stay here again for a 1 or 2 night stay if you are in town for an event like a regatta or the Masters.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room away from stairwells if you are a light sleeper. Because the room has outs...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TampaTrips

Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus on those areas. It is a great conveinence to have many good restuarants near by. It makes for a good selection.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Take care and we look forward to having you back soon.