“Reasonable, clean, convenient”

Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently had to travel to Augusta for a family funeral. We, of course, opted for the Hampton Inn because we know we are going to get a nice, clean room, breakfast and a reasonable price. That is what we found in Augusta. It was also close to retail and restaurants.

My only downside is mine, not others'. The mattress is on the soft side and I am a firm mattress person. Ideally, they would replace their mattresses with Select Comfort beds and I would be ecstatic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Brendoni,

thank you for the kind remarks on your visit to our hotel. I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations. Please accept my entire teams condolesnces for you loss. I hope that all is well for you and yours.

I apologize for comfort of the bed. I too sleep on a firm bed. The standard for the beds are the Cloud 9 beds that do allow a little softness to them. Please don't hold that against us.

If there is a need to come back to Augusta, I do hope that you will chose us again as your place of stay.

Repectfully,

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road

Reviewed September 22, 2012

When my company booked me into this hotel, I was not looking forward to my extended stay at this hotel. Upon my check in I was greeted by one of many very professional staff members who completed my check in even though I was several hours early for check in. I went to my room fully expecting out of date furnishings, etc. but was more than pleasantly surprised with nice sitting area with couch and table, desk with very comfortable chair, granite bath countertop, refrigarator, microwave, coffee pot and the best king size bed ever (without being my own of course) and an immaculate bathroom. When I would return to my room each day, I was equally surprised by housekeeping that did not just straighten room up but returned room to check in status daily. I didn't get to enjoy breakfast at hotel during my first week; however, upon my first morning there of the second week, again I was met with superior staff that always felt welcoming and helpful and an absolutely amazing hot breakfast. I have paid for breakfast buffets that were not as elaborate as this. On several occasions II would come to the lobby for a cup of coffee or juice and was met by Susan (I think) who was top notch in customer service by always making sure needs were met, calling taxi service for me, and recommending local restaurants. During my second week I was able to enjoy pool,pool deck, exercise facilities and sauna (++++) which were all super clean, and warmest pool I have ever been in., IT WAS GREAT!! My final two days there I was honored to meet David, the GM of this location. It was apparent why he had such a wonderful staff because he was fully aware of everything going on around hotel and even offered to take me to airport the following day if I needed him to. He seems to truly lead by example. I seen him the following morning and again he wanted to make sure I had transportation worked out. There is not enough good things I can say about my stay here. I will fully admit I am somewhat spoiled and do not stay in outside corridor hotels or those less than 4 star, but I will definitely return to this one on future trips totally based upon the professional high quality staff I encountered here. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: I had a second floor room at staircase and never had a problem with outdoor noise or any other probl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael R
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Michael R.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here while on business for the 2 weeks or so. It was nice to see that we exceed your expectations and we hope to have you back here when you come to Augusta in the future. I have forwarded your comments to each of team members here to celebrate the kind words you gave. If you do come back to Augusta, the offer still stands, if you need transportation to the airport, I would be glad to take you myself. Take care and thanks again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel earlier and the management came back and said "Disregard Post it's for another Hampton" they are being less than honest the post was for this hotel. All I said was true including the pot smoking in the room beneath me, in fact due to some circumstances I thought I gave them a good review. Now I know I won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel was outdated, beds were too small, carpeting was disgusting,Breakfast was good, staff was nice!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Thomas B,

Thank you for selecting my hotel during your recent trip to Augusta and thank you for taking the time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the age of our hotel. We work hard to modernize it considering the age and limitations we have. We are the 16th Hampton Inn ever built and we try to keep it looking fresh and clean. I apologize that your carpet was below standards. I can assure you that during the Labor day weekend I had every guest room cleaned by a professional company and they will return in the a few months. I am glad to hear that our staff was nice and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will return to the Hampton Inn on Washington Rd when you return to Augusta. Thank you again and see you soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived at this hotel on very hot afternoon to receive a great welcome from a young lady in reception. This young lady chewed gum while checking us in.The room we were allocated was small without a fridge or micro, room 222. The hotel was ok and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: We were allocated a room upstairs near the pool, somewhat noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Oriordant;

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Augusta. I am glad to hear that you were greeted by a warm friendly smile. I can only hope that each and every guest receives this welcome. I am sadden by the experience you had at check in. After careful research we were able to identify the associate. Since your departure, the associate has left us on there own free will and I can assure that chewing gum while checking in or while on duty is against standards and I apologize for that. Should you return please let me know and I can make sure that your reservation is upgraded to a room with a microwave and fridge.

Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was close to the Brunswick Lanes for a bowling tournament for two days. AS a former Marriott GM, I was impressed with the hotel and the staff .We will return to this site whenever in Augusta for future tournaments. THE room was clean and smelled fresh and the"Cloud Nine Beds" were exactly that..I found the staff to be on a scale of 1 TO 10...A 10 for sure. We arrived in the afternoon after a hot game of golf, to a cold refreshing clean room. Fruit was available at all times and the freshly made cookies, a delight.The hot breakfast offered more than expected and the cheese omlets and sausage were quite tasty.Goody bags were given on arrival and the pool, with a fountain and fans,beyond expectations..We enjoy outside entrances and not having to go thru a lobby a plus for un-loading baggage and we heard no outside noise being on the first floor. The property is very well maintained and although one of the older Hamptons...a delight and better than some of the newer ones we have visited..A wonderful week-end for sure and a definite return to this location.

Room Tip: A Great Placeto stay with restaurants and shopping nearby..Be sure to see The Museum Of History dow...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jo I
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Jo I.

Thank you for trying us out and for the great remarks. It is nice to hear a fellow GM, especially from the other brands, enjoy their stay and give us great remarks. We all work very hard to make our property beautiful and up to date considering our handicap of being an exterior hotel. We all take pride in our hotel and we are thrilled to hear comments like yours that tell us we are doing a great job.

I hope your tournament went well at the ally and also your golf game was successfull. We look forward to hosting your group again here next year. I hope that in the future stays we will continue to offer "10" Service with a "10" staff. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta. I hope that we are getting close to that.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived in Augusta around 8:00 AM and already exhausted. We took our sons girlfriend to Augusta State for her orientation. My spouse and I then off to Paine College to get my sons financial matter in order. We then made a quick stop for breakfast ad then we had until 5:00 PM until our son's girlfriend was finished and unfortunately check in time was not till 3:00 PM with the Hampton Inn. But we took a chance and stopped by the Hampton Inn at 10:00 AM and spoke with the front desk agent, I believe her name was Felecia Glitter and she said our scheduled room would not be ready until 3:00 PM. However, she could put us in another room (the same exact kind) now. My husband and I were thrilled. We were hot, tired and ready to lay our heads down. After getting refreshed my spouse was not able to sign into the wireless internet offered by the hotel. After several attempts and then speaking with the front desk agent we went to the front counter and spoke with Chastady Brynes, the Guest Care Manager. She spent quiet a bit of time with my spouse trying to adjust his computer to get the internet working. As we continue to work with Ms. Brynes, the General Manager, David Przedecki jumped right in with the assistance of the Director of Sales, Ian Fisher to see why my spouses computer would not take the internet. The General Manager even called his IT department to try and correct this issue. The IT department stayed on the line with my spouse for quiet some time and walked him through the steps. Although it was not successful I have never see such helpfulness. Everyone was concerned and helpful. Even as we stood there they served us cookies and they were just the nicest group of people /Management team I have ever had the pleasure to work with. We went to dinner and came back to a very comfortable and cool room. Although our neighbors were a little loud, we still enjoyed our stay. The next morning we awoke to a wonderful breakfast and got ready for our return trip to Atlanta. When we checked our the front desk agent asked if we ever got the computer working and extended her apologies. We really enjoyed our stay and for once I can say that the pictures noted on the website actually looked like the room. We will stay again with Hampton inn, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank feelthepaine

Dear Feelthepaine,

Thank you so much for the kind comments on my staff.... It was all very flattering and we greatly appreciate it. I do aplogize that we were not able to get the computer working for with all the support we had, I was dissapointed that we couldn't accomodate you. I have been in contact with our IS Provider to work on ensuring that all guest receive access.

I have shared your comments with my team and they all remember you and your family. Please don't hesitate to contact me when you do come back to Augusta and we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,