“ORIORDANT”

Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Limerick, Ireland
“ORIORDANT”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived at this hotel on very hot afternoon to receive a great welcome from a young lady in reception. This young lady chewed gum while checking us in.The room we were allocated was small without a fridge or micro, room 222. The hotel was ok and the breakfast was good.

Room Tip: We were allocated a room upstairs near the pool, somewhat noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Oriordant;

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Augusta. I am glad to hear that you were greeted by a warm friendly smile. I can only hope that each and every guest receives this welcome. I am sadden by the experience you had at check in. After careful research we were able to identify the associate. Since your departure, the associate has left us on there own free will and I can assure that chewing gum while checking in or while on duty is against standards and I apologize for that. Should you return please let me know and I can make sure that your reservation is upgraded to a room with a microwave and fridge.

Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you soon.
David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was close to the Brunswick Lanes for a bowling tournament for two days. AS a former Marriott GM, I was impressed with the hotel and the staff .We will return to this site whenever in Augusta for future tournaments. THE room was clean and smelled fresh and the"Cloud Nine Beds" were exactly that..I found the staff to be on a scale of 1 TO 10...A 10 for sure. We arrived in the afternoon after a hot game of golf, to a cold refreshing clean room. Fruit was available at all times and the freshly made cookies, a delight.The hot breakfast offered more than expected and the cheese omlets and sausage were quite tasty.Goody bags were given on arrival and the pool, with a fountain and fans,beyond expectations..We enjoy outside entrances and not having to go thru a lobby a plus for un-loading baggage and we heard no outside noise being on the first floor. The property is very well maintained and although one of the older Hamptons...a delight and better than some of the newer ones we have visited..A wonderful week-end for sure and a definite return to this location.

Room Tip: A Great Placeto stay with restaurants and shopping nearby..Be sure to see The Museum Of History dow...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jo I
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Jo I.

Thank you for trying us out and for the great remarks. It is nice to hear a fellow GM, especially from the other brands, enjoy their stay and give us great remarks. We all work very hard to make our property beautiful and up to date considering our handicap of being an exterior hotel. We all take pride in our hotel and we are thrilled to hear comments like yours that tell us we are doing a great job.

I hope your tournament went well at the ally and also your golf game was successfull. We look forward to hosting your group again here next year. I hope that in the future stays we will continue to offer "10" Service with a "10" staff. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta. I hope that we are getting close to that.

Kind Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived in Augusta around 8:00 AM and already exhausted. We took our sons girlfriend to Augusta State for her orientation. My spouse and I then off to Paine College to get my sons financial matter in order. We then made a quick stop for breakfast ad then we had until 5:00 PM until our son's girlfriend was finished and unfortunately check in time was not till 3:00 PM with the Hampton Inn. But we took a chance and stopped by the Hampton Inn at 10:00 AM and spoke with the front desk agent, I believe her name was Felecia Glitter and she said our scheduled room would not be ready until 3:00 PM. However, she could put us in another room (the same exact kind) now. My husband and I were thrilled. We were hot, tired and ready to lay our heads down. After getting refreshed my spouse was not able to sign into the wireless internet offered by the hotel. After several attempts and then speaking with the front desk agent we went to the front counter and spoke with Chastady Brynes, the Guest Care Manager. She spent quiet a bit of time with my spouse trying to adjust his computer to get the internet working. As we continue to work with Ms. Brynes, the General Manager, David Przedecki jumped right in with the assistance of the Director of Sales, Ian Fisher to see why my spouses computer would not take the internet. The General Manager even called his IT department to try and correct this issue. The IT department stayed on the line with my spouse for quiet some time and walked him through the steps. Although it was not successful I have never see such helpfulness. Everyone was concerned and helpful. Even as we stood there they served us cookies and they were just the nicest group of people /Management team I have ever had the pleasure to work with. We went to dinner and came back to a very comfortable and cool room. Although our neighbors were a little loud, we still enjoyed our stay. The next morning we awoke to a wonderful breakfast and got ready for our return trip to Atlanta. When we checked our the front desk agent asked if we ever got the computer working and extended her apologies. We really enjoyed our stay and for once I can say that the pictures noted on the website actually looked like the room. We will stay again with Hampton inn, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank feelthepaine
Dear Feelthepaine,

Thank you so much for the kind comments on my staff.... It was all very flattering and we greatly appreciate it. I do aplogize that we were not able to get the computer working for with all the support we had, I was dissapointed that we couldn't accomodate you. I have been in contact with our IS Provider to work on ensuring that all guest receive access.

I have shared your comments with my team and they all remember you and your family. Please don't hesitate to contact me when you do come back to Augusta and we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Firstly the treatment on arrival was first class and worthy of credit. The complimentary water was a lovely touch.
The room was small and the bathroom in particular was very small. We had a problem with the air condition unit but a phone call to reception and a man came promptly and got things sorted.
The other problem was the slow wi-fi and then a complete failure on the morning of departure.
The hotel is in a good location with an abundance of restaurants nearby..
Overall a mix of the good and the bad hence my rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank freddiemon
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
To Freddiemon,

Thank you for your feedback on my hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy yourself and that our service exceeded your expectations.

I understand your comments completely regarding the size of the rooms and bathrooms. I wish there was something that I could to. I hope you can understand the difficulity in changing the arrangement of the rooms. I also apologize for the interest. We did have our internet go down and it did take some time to get back up. A complete inconvienence and one that has been corrected and resolved.

I hope that you can give our hotel another chance and please let me know when you are arriving and I can make sure that everything is in working order in your room and your connection is good.
Repectfully,
hickory, nc
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I agree with traveldawgs the front desk was excellent! chastady? I felt like I was checking into a renaissance!
I knew I was staying in an exterior inn which always means hearing the outside activity, can't be helped. I grow tired and claustrophobic of traditional hotels where I'm in a cave and down a long hallway.
I loved the big bed and the smoking option, however there was no ashtray and I was already "comfy" when I figured it out, I had to make due.
the room was VERY clean, even the duvet was white, no visible stains! however there was a water bottle cap under the sheet ;( odd. the lighting is weird, too bright and blasted off the tv and microwave which BTW had to be wiped as it was badly streaked and hard to look at.
the mirrors needed some love for that matter. I keep the ILLUSION of me being the first one staying in the room, as if no one stayed here before and sadly it was evident there have been others before me.
it occurs to me there should be an undercover boss episode where the owner needs to stay in the rooms of these hotels for at least 3 nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. I can only hope that each time you and the other guests receive Renaissance like service here. I will inform Chastady of your comments today.

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that you enjoyed many things about the property. As a hotelier, I can agree with you on the Claustrophobic feeling one gets with interior hotels. I apologize for the lack of attention to detail you notice on the mirror, no ashtray, bottle cap. I can only hope that I will not see our hotel on TV with the show.

I will inform my Executive housekeeper of your comments and I am confident that he will address the issues with his department immediately.If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Take care and we look forward to having you back soon.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

It was within the government rate so I stayed. The room and furniture was dated. However, the pillows and bed were excellent! It was nice to be able to park at my door. I liked the breakfast options, especially the oatmeal. The room appeared to be clean but it was hard to overlook the old furniture and carpet. My biggest complaint about the furniture (besides the age) was the desk chair was not a desk chair. It was a rather large upholstered chair (with arms) that filled the walkway between the desk and the bed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark_37923
Thank you Mark_37923 for selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. We appreciate your business and the time you took in posting comments on Trip Advisor.

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that many areas met your needs and expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. I apologize for the date furnishings. We do our best to maintain the condition of the product. I can assue you that regarding the couch and chairs, they are new being replaced in the beginning of 2012.

I would like to know more about the room you stayed in so that I can look at the arrangment of the chairs and might be able to allow for more room by a rearrangment. Please let me know at david.przedecki@hilton.com

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Take care and we look forward to having you back soon.

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Arizona
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The room is very small and packed with far too much furniture for its size. There is an easy chair and ottoman so close to one side of the bed there is no room for a nightstand. To be able to get in and out of bed I had to move the ottoman to the other side of the room. That makes no sense.

The one time we actually needed internet service it was virtually non-existent. To make a reservation at another Hampton Inn I could not do it from my room nor could I from the business center because that computer would not connect up either. I had to have the desk person make a reservation for me. The clerk was most helpful and apologetic but that only smoothed my frustration but didn’t alleviate it.

I think you can do better for your buck than this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelertoo2
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Travelertoo2,

Thank you for selecting my hotel during your visit to Augusta. I appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Augusta. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your time here. It saddens me to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to discuss further to know what your room number and the time you stayed so I can solve some of the concerns you mentioned in your comment on Trip Advisor. You can reach me at david.przedecki@hilton.com anytime to discuss. Thank you for allowing me to correct the matter and hope to earn your trust and business again.

Respectfully,