“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Northern Ireland
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Firstly the treatment on arrival was first class and worthy of credit. The complimentary water was a lovely touch.
The room was small and the bathroom in particular was very small. We had a problem with the air condition unit but a phone call to reception and a man came promptly and got things sorted.
The other problem was the slow wi-fi and then a complete failure on the morning of departure.
The hotel is in a good location with an abundance of restaurants nearby..
Overall a mix of the good and the bad hence my rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank freddiemon
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
To Freddiemon,

Thank you for your feedback on my hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy yourself and that our service exceeded your expectations.

I understand your comments completely regarding the size of the rooms and bathrooms. I wish there was something that I could to. I hope you can understand the difficulity in changing the arrangement of the rooms. I also apologize for the interest. We did have our internet go down and it did take some time to get back up. A complete inconvienence and one that has been corrected and resolved.

I hope that you can give our hotel another chance and please let me know when you are arriving and I can make sure that everything is in working order in your room and your connection is good.
Repectfully,
David Przedecki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
hickory, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I agree with traveldawgs the front desk was excellent! chastady? I felt like I was checking into a renaissance!
I knew I was staying in an exterior inn which always means hearing the outside activity, can't be helped. I grow tired and claustrophobic of traditional hotels where I'm in a cave and down a long hallway.
I loved the big bed and the smoking option, however there was no ashtray and I was already "comfy" when I figured it out, I had to make due.
the room was VERY clean, even the duvet was white, no visible stains! however there was a water bottle cap under the sheet ;( odd. the lighting is weird, too bright and blasted off the tv and microwave which BTW had to be wiped as it was badly streaked and hard to look at.
the mirrors needed some love for that matter. I keep the ILLUSION of me being the first one staying in the room, as if no one stayed here before and sadly it was evident there have been others before me.
it occurs to me there should be an undercover boss episode where the owner needs to stay in the rooms of these hotels for at least 3 nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. I can only hope that each time you and the other guests receive Renaissance like service here. I will inform Chastady of your comments today.

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that you enjoyed many things about the property. As a hotelier, I can agree with you on the Claustrophobic feeling one gets with interior hotels. I apologize for the lack of attention to detail you notice on the mirror, no ashtray, bottle cap. I can only hope that I will not see our hotel on TV with the show.

I will inform my Executive housekeeper of your comments and I am confident that he will address the issues with his department immediately.If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

It was within the government rate so I stayed. The room and furniture was dated. However, the pillows and bed were excellent! It was nice to be able to park at my door. I liked the breakfast options, especially the oatmeal. The room appeared to be clean but it was hard to overlook the old furniture and carpet. My biggest complaint about the furniture (besides the age) was the desk chair was not a desk chair. It was a rather large upholstered chair (with arms) that filled the walkway between the desk and the bed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark_37923
Thank you Mark_37923 for selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. We appreciate your business and the time you took in posting comments on Trip Advisor.

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that many areas met your needs and expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. I apologize for the date furnishings. We do our best to maintain the condition of the product. I can assue you that regarding the couch and chairs, they are new being replaced in the beginning of 2012.

I would like to know more about the room you stayed in so that I can look at the arrangment of the chairs and might be able to allow for more room by a rearrangment. Please let me know at david.przedecki@hilton.com

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The room is very small and packed with far too much furniture for its size. There is an easy chair and ottoman so close to one side of the bed there is no room for a nightstand. To be able to get in and out of bed I had to move the ottoman to the other side of the room. That makes no sense.

The one time we actually needed internet service it was virtually non-existent. To make a reservation at another Hampton Inn I could not do it from my room nor could I from the business center because that computer would not connect up either. I had to have the desk person make a reservation for me. The clerk was most helpful and apologetic but that only smoothed my frustration but didn’t alleviate it.

I think you can do better for your buck than this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelertoo2
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Travelertoo2,

Thank you for selecting my hotel during your visit to Augusta. I appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn Augusta. I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your time here. It saddens me to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to discuss further to know what your room number and the time you stayed so I can solve some of the concerns you mentioned in your comment on Trip Advisor. You can reach me at david.przedecki@hilton.com anytime to discuss. Thank you for allowing me to correct the matter and hope to earn your trust and business again.

Respectfully,
David Przedecki.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I meant to write this awhile back, mostly because of the excellent service of Siobhan at the front desk. During our stay, we found ourselves in an unfortunate situation, which Siobhan worked very hard to remedy. Others at the front desk were not so helpful.
The hotel was very comfortable and we enjoyed the get together around the pool wih good food and drink every evening.
Hopefully, we will be back for next year's Masters!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. I generally dislike exterior entry hotels, but this one was very quiet and felt safe. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I didn't eat breakfast here, but it looked nice and there were many people enjoying it! We were very happy with our stay, especially having gotten a great deal on priceline.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
dprzedecki, General Manager at Hampton Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, June 15, 2012

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that we met your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus on those areas.

If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Respectfully,
David Przedecki
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are crowded with furniture. The maid came by twice before checkout time
The bathroom is so all you can barely be in the room and close the door.
This is my second time here and probablyy last This hotel is below typical Hampton Inn standards in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Muffinhead2580
Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta. We appreciate your business and the time you took in posting comments on Trip Advisor. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in Augusta. I apologize for the cramp style of the guest rooms. I have discussed with my team regarding the possible removal of items to allow for more room. If there is anything we can do better, please don’t hesitate to let me know.