“Don't care about the customers”

Budgetel Fort Gordon
Ranked #76 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Chauncey, Georgia
“Don't care about the customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went and paid for the room to our surprise when we went to the room it was nasty as all get out there was trash pulled to the ceiling ice cream buckets sitting everywhere cans stacked to the cieling and the beds not made up it seriously looked like someone just got done having sex on that bed

• Stayed May 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Delevan, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on our way to Florida.When we checked in we were told to call if we had any issues or problems. We went to our room, unloaded our car, and left for the day to see family . When we returned we decided to unpack and that's when we noticed just how terrible this place was.We unfolded the sofa bed to find no bedding on it.We were then going to call the front office, and wouldn't you know it...there was no phone. My husband went to ask for bedding, and he had to talk to the guy behind a window.All night there was in and out traffic. I went out to enjoy the warm air and within minutes was approached by someone of a questionable nature .We decided to let our youngest be the first to try out the jacuzzi tub, its a good thing I pack my own cleaning supplies. The tub was filthy! after I got it cleaned up and filled, I went to turn it on ,and at first it didn't work.I called my husband to help and we were able to get it to work,but not without a glitch. You see all the jets were pointed up so we had fountains of water shooting everywhere. We went to rest our heads for the night, and there was a fight right outside of our room. We locked the door and turned up the tv as loud as we could to drown out the horrible sounds those people were making. The next morning I woke with very little sleep.The beds were rock hard, I think the parking lot would have been more comfortable.The 2 pillows they supplied were flat. It's a good thing I had us all pack our own pillows. I was disgusted at this point so I went down to the main office to complain. The owner was not a nice person, because when I said I had a few complaints he said in a nasty tone " why didn't you call" I then got upset and said well sir it's quite impossible when we don't even have a phone, and where is the coffee maker that's supposed to be in our room, because that's missing too. He then sent someone to deliver my requests.We then got cleaned up and left for the night. When we returned all seemed ok, the room had been somewhat cleaned,but there were no towels left, so I called to see about them sending some towels down to our room, and again was a nasty reply " well didn't housekeeping do that" I told them that they took the dirty ones but forgot to leave clean ones.When the housekeeper finally arrived with towels , I thanked her and asked how many. She yelled I gave you the standard which is 2 of everything. I then demanded more because there were 4 of us. Needless to say she didn't get a tip. We checked out at 3 a.m. They refuse to compensate us for our bad experience. I read reviews that gave it 4 stars... what a joke. I hope this review helps, because I wouldn't want anyone to be treated as poorly as we were. In my opinion it is not family friendly, it is not clean, and it is in a questionable area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank streicher242

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Clarksville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

We had decided to surprise my son in Ft. Gordon, and the only hotel we could find was this one, due to the Master's arriving the same weekend. When we checked in, they immediately charged my card for the whole amount, instead of waiting till my checkout, and now I know why!! When we opened the door to the room, the overpowering stinch of cigarettes hit us in the face, just the first glance at the room, I thought it was a horrible joke, as it was april fool's day. The headboard had been ripped out of the wall, the carpet's were nasty, stained, and had'nt been vacumed, some of the drawers were missing the front, the cabinet's had strings holding them together, there were bug's crawling on the refrigerator, there were rotting hole's in the ceiling above the bathroom sink, and the list goes on. There was no sleep as the parking lot was a meeting place for gangster's, drinking, cussing, fighting, smoking (all kind's of stuff), loud base stereo's, door's slamming, etc..., we felt like we needed a gun. Later that night, the police were there. When we checked out, I told management of everything, and they said next time they would give me a discount, and I told them, they must be smoking the same stuff the people in the parking lot were!!!! I know the health inspector's have not checked this place out in quite awhile!!! They would be shut down in heart beat!!! I would rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Vikegirl82
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

My Mother, two aunts, and an uncle and myself were going to visit my other uncle in Georgia. We booked and paid for two rooms at the Econo Lodge through Expedia. After traveling five and a half hours to get there we arrived at the Econo Lodge Ft. Gordon. Well the hotel looked rather seedy. The only redeeming quality was there was a Waffle House restaurant right beside of the hotel. So we checked into our rooms. My room was a king size bed with a jacuzzi in the bathroom. As I was unpacking I was checking the drawers and opening the furniture doors to see where I wanted to store my clothes. When what to my wondering eyes should appear?...CONDOMS!!!
Well I sat down and just imagined what had been going on in there the last time someone had rented this room and I just could not fathom myself or my family staying a night there. Then I looked around and noticed a swarm of flies circling the room. Well folks, this is just UNACCEPTABLE with me. Next I went to the room I had paid for my uncle and two aunts. In one of the drawers was a dirty bag of garbage and swarming flies. When we closed the door it looked like someone had tried to kick the door in because the door jam at the top was loose and almost falling off. And to top it all off we booked non-smoking rooms and both the rooms reeked so much from smoke that it gave us a headache after spending only minutes in the rooms.
So we went to the office and reported all these things and were told that it would be no problem getting a refund on the rooms. We were advised to check out and call the owner. We went to get our things and stayed the night with family. After too many long phone calls we were told through expedia that we would have to call the owner of the hotel to get our refunds. Also when we reported the mess in our rooms we were advised by staff at the front desk that people lived there during the week and cooked with a hot plate in the rooms. I thought that was illegal???
So the manager was supposed to call expedia on the following Tuesday about the matter because Monday was a holiday. I called expedia and they said they called the manager and she said that they checked the rooms after we left and were found to be clean. CLEAN!??? with condoms, dirty garbage, swarming flies and reeking of smoke? OK, so then expedia informed me that the manager said she offered us different rooms and we refused. NO ONE OFFERED US DIFFERENT ROOMS! Expedia also informed me that the manager said because we refused other rooms that she could not give us a refund.
So I called the manager and spoke to her and told her all about the problem. Then she relented and said that she could give me a refund for one of the rooms. I spent $142.50 on two rooms. I asked why was I not getting a total refund and she said that they did not do that. I told her that UNACCEPTABLE and that I was UNSATISFIED!!!
So I accepted the refund for the most expensive room and chalked it up to experience. Later I found out from my family that the area was a rather bad part of town and that they didn't ever go there.
People do not spend your hard earned money at this hotel - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed September 2009