“No Towels,Broken Remote, Poor Service”
Review of Super 8 Augusta

Super 8 Augusta
Ranked #63 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed January 26, 2014

No towels in room, had to walk up to office to get them, then realized the remote control for the tv wasn't working so another trip to office. Breakfest was a joke, worst I've ever seen at a Super 8, better off going to the Dennys attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria O, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

First let me thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. I am sorry for the inconvience that you experienced during your stay with us. Right now we are working on bringing our property up to standards and in doing so we are having to replace some of the equipment as well as changing out staff. I would like for you to come back and give us another chance to impress you. Again I am very sorry for the discomfort that you experienced and gaurantee your next visit will show great improvement.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Victoria O, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Samantha L, Manager at Super 8 Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Reviewed December 24, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was very impressed with the furniture and bed in my room....however once I got settled in and ready for a shower I noticed NO towels or washcloths in my room. I called front desk and she said I would have to come get them. Well, I was already in the buff (no clothes on ) so I decided to just use one of the sheets to dry with. Then I noticed the ROACH BUGS. One was on top of the bed sheets and another crawling in the sink.. I mentioned this to the desk clerk upon check out and she said they were in the process of changing exterminators. To say the least, I got little sleep that night, just wondering if a roach was going to crawl across me as I slept. Other than that, nice room.
William Coleman 803-341-5407

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Mr. Coleman,

First, let me apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of Super 8 Augusta, Ga Golf Exit 199. Second, I would like to address the concerns that you expressed.

Thank you very much for your great review of our pillow top mattresses and our updated furniture! We here at Super 8 Augusta, Ga Golf Exit 199 do love our guests and strive to make sure that you all are comfortable! However with the fear of creepy crawlies and no towels I can definitely understand where you can be uncomfortable.

As previously mentioned, we are in the process of changing our pest control companies. In the beginning of this update we experienced an influx of complaints in regard to pest control. We are assured by our new company that this is temporary and the issue will begin to rectify within 4-6 weeks of the initial treatment. Admitingly It has gotten better since your stay at the beginning of the month and we have noticed a considerable less amount of complaints.

Yes, depending on the time of night you may have been asked to come to the front office for your towel set. We ask that after dark all of our Front Desk staff members do not leave the desk unattended.for security reasons. There is no excuse for not having them in the room to start with, for that I sincerely apologize.

I will be contacting you directly within the next three days to discuss some sort of acceptable compensation.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving all of your hospitality needs in the future here at Super 8 Augusta, Ga Golf Exit 199

Samantha Lee

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Was quoted $1000.00 for monthly rate. Stayed 14 nights & paid $758.34. You do the math, I did. I should have rented month & subleased. I would have made money!!! I was given disabity room which was nice, since I nave broken back & prior heart surgery. I was there to rest and heal.Could have gotten better rate.

Room Tip: Shop first. Most hotels offer same services but can be cheaper
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hi there!!!!

Thank you very much for your compliment, I am very flattered. However this wonderful statement is over shadowed about your concern regarding your assumed over payment.

As per our initial conversation before you checked in with regard to the totals, I believe that it was explained that the $1000.22 discounted rate is based on a thirty (30) night basis only. And it was also discussed that if check out was to happen before the pre-negotiated 30 days, then the rate would increase to the daily rate. Which is what happened-also keeping in mind that a pet fee was added to your charges as well. I apologize that the particulars were not explained in further detail-had I known I would have made sure to go to greater lengths to ensure your questions were answered and concerns were addressed.

Otherwise, we are extremely glad that you spent your recuperation days with us and are even more pleased that you were satisfied with one of our four Handicap Accessible Rooms here at the Super 8 Augusta, Ga Golf Exit 199

If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to call. It was my pleasure to meet your acquaintance.

We very much appreciate your patronage and look forward to fulfilling all of your hospitality needs in the future.

Samantha Lee