“Review”

Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Alliance, Ohio
“Review”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel has a beautiful lobby, the rooms are clean. Lobby is busy and loud. Service at lobby is quick and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that was coming to this area. The food court is nice the food is good but prices are a bite high.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Anniston
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Save your money if you are planning to stay at any Marriott. The named used to mean quality, but not now. I have stayed at Marriotts all over the country, and each was as horrible as the one before. The bathrooms in all of them have tile that will make you vomit. Most of the air conditioner units are in disrepair and leak. I don't mind paying more, if I get more for my money, but nowadays, I would prefer a motel to Marriotts. I have changed to Hiltons.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello - I am so sorry to hear of the bad stay you had with us recently. I would be more than happy to address any of your concerns specifically about this hotel. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience via phone at 706 737 3737 or email at laura.kitchens@marriott.com. Thank you so much, and I look forward to being able to turn things around with Marriott for you.

Laura

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Helotes, Tx
Reviewed July 10, 2013

this hotel has a beautiful lobby, the rooms are clean. my concern was the lack of communication. I did not know that my room rate included breakfast and paid for breakfast day 1. Then the bistro attendant advised me of the breakfast included on day 2. I called the front desk to confirm and was told that someone would return my call...never received that return call. at checkout, i requested a copy of my charges be emailed to me, never happened....
the carpet in the sink area of the bathroom was sticky...yuck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Augusta for your travel needs. I am so sorry that there was miscommunication on our part regarding the breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will take care of this for you, as well as email you a copy of the receipt. you can reach me at Laura.Kitchens@marriott.com or 706 737 3737. Thank you and I do apologize!
Kansas City
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We recently stayed here one night on our road trip. Lobby and front of hotel was annoyingly busy and loud when we checked in at Midnight! Clean hotel room but shoddy renovation. Bathroom tiles were forgotten during renovation. Free wi-fi was appreciated. Paul Mitchell travel products in bathroom was a pleasant surprise! Sofa bed was perfect for my 4-year old. Word of advice - skip the "restaurant"!! WORST hotel food EVER! Food was flavorless and disgusting - and extremely overpriced. We will be skipping this Marriott on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Augusta. I am happy that you liked our new Paul Mitchell amenities in the room. We stive to keep up with the ever changing needs of our guests! We did recently complete a rooms renovation, and are still in the process of changing out some of the bathroom tiles. I do apologize that the tiles influenced your stay, as well as the restaurant food. We work very hard on our quality of food in the restaurant, and are currently ranked #17 out of 800 hotels in the Courtyard brand for Quality of Food. I am so sorry it was not up to par that day, and I plan to complete some spot checks on our resturant due to this. I hope that you will give us another try, as we value your loyalty to Marriott. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if I can assist you in any way!

Laura Kitchens
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights this past week and had a good time. The room seemed smaller than last year, but maybe that was a different hall...not sure. It was clean and A/C worked well for a hot day. The beds and pillows were comfy. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, as well. The lobby was updated with computers, newspapers and big screen TV. There was also another big screen with local information/map of area that was very helpful in the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a nice workout room, but I did not get to use it this time due to family activities. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if some rooms are larger...when making a reservation.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've come to expect a level of excellence for Marriott brands and this one didn't disappoint. My late arrival was met without a hitch. The room was ready, clean and well appointed. Friendly helpful staff. If there was one drawback it was the price of items in the lobby market. A standard can of beer was $6! All in all, though, a good, clean place to spend a night or two.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

While the cleaniness of the hotel we great that was about it. The parking was horrible. Zero consideration for guests if the are pullig a tralier or have a larger vehicle. The bathroom door you need to manuvuer are he toilet to open. Whoever thouht it was a good idea to have the bathroom light needs to rethink that idea. The air conditioner...well lets just that if its set at 70 you will still sweat your butt off. May have been my room but whatever. This hotel has the new bistro restaraunt. Over price food that any other eatery can out do on a bad day. I will say that my husband had a breakfast sandwich that tasted good but not worth the price. If i ever travel through augusta again i will be stay else where or stay at a different marriott hotel in a different city.

• Stayed June 2013