“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel is okay. I was in town for business, but working overnight. During check in I asked the front desk for a the quietest room they had, as I would be sleeping during the daytime. She suggested the second floor, but warned me of no elevator. The elevator really isn't an issue, for a normal healthy person. It is only about 14 steps!. She did offer to have someone help with my bag, which I declined.
The room itself was decent. I had two queen beds. There is a desk and another small table on wheels. I used that to store my groceries on, as I was there for almost two weeks. There is a frig and microwave in the room.
Because I was sleeping during the day, I had the do not disturb on my door everyday and for the most part it was fairly quiet except for barking dog on the first morning. A fellow employee was staying there as well and though he had his do not disturb on the door, housekeeping walked in his room twice in the same day. I suggested the safety latch, and the next day they tried entering again with the do not disturb. I don't know what the confusion was for his room, if they thought it was supposed to be vacant but he wasn't happy about it.
Because of the daytime sleeping, it was difficult to get normal daily trash pickup and towel service. I did ask the front desk to just switch the towels out for me, but they dropped off new ones but didn't pick up the old ones. I bagged my own trash and just left it outside the door in the morning, which seemed to work just fine.
The lobby was very nice, with couches and chairs for lounging. My rate included breakfast, but because of the night time hours I never tried it. There is a washing machine and dryer on site, which cost $1 each and they cycle time was fairly short.
There is an outdoor pool, which looked nice, but it was a little too cool to test it out. The hot tub was ok, but weak jets. It seemed fairly clean and did not smell overly chlorinated.
The Courtyard is in a good location, with many restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations very close by.

Overall I was satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator, so take the first floor if that is an issue for you
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Its an older Courtyard that has been updated. its two levels and no elevator. The rooms are on the small side but overall its not bad

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have a bowling group that has been staying at the Augusta Courtyard at least since 1998. Last year when the prices increased, some of my group decided to stay at a cheaper hotel right up the street but I must admit I'm a Marriott fan! As with the other reviews, there is only 2 floors and no elevator which basically was not a problem since a first floor room could be requested if available. Before the recent renovations, there was a breakfast buffet available on the weekends which was really nice but now everything is priced individually and a "little pricey". To me the price is pretty competitive compared to the other 3 star hotels in the area but I think some of the others does include continental breakfast! The courtyard is pretty nice even though before the renovations there was a gazebo which is no longer there but there are plenty of chairs to relax in if weather permits. Staff has always been courteous. Will definitely stay again if able to get group rate!!!

Room Tip: Suites are wonderful and are all on corners.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Great to hear you have stayed loyal with us! Thank you for the positive review - we do our best to work around not having an elevator! It's great to have a positive response, our staff is amazing and works very hard. We hope to see you again! Laura Kitchens, GM
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

As other reviewers have noted, this is not a new hotel. While there are two stories, there is no elevator, so if stairs are an issue you will want to request a first floor room (this issue was pointed out at check in). The lobby has been renovated and is very inviting. There's a large touch screen TV that includes news, weather and sports information as well as a map to local attractions such as restaurants. There is plenty of seating including booths with their own user-controlled flat screen TVs and a counter where food and beverages are sold. We cashed in points for the stay and were pleased to have been upgraded to a 2-room suite. There were flat screen TVs in both rooms. The living room TV included several channels in high definition (we didn't turn the bedroom TV on so I don't know about its offerings). The free Wi Fi was easy to connect to. The bathroom was only average and reflective of the hotel's age. It was easy to access the property from I-20 and it's within a short drive of several restaurants including the Wild Wing Cafe, a personal favorite. Our stay was short, so we did not use the outdoor pool but the courtyard area surrounding it appeared well kept. Overall, OK for a night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank H0lidayr0ad
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments! Yes, we do not have an elevator but we do our best to provide friendly service and assistance to help all our guests. We appreciate our Marriott Rewards Members and I am so glad we were able to upgrade you to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon - we are always here to assist you!

Laura Kitchens
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed at this Courtyard for a 5 day business trip and despite the reviews, I was rather disappointed. The good side was that the hotel was very conveniently located and has free wi-fi and free parking, and does offer government rates. The bad side was that the rooms are nicely furnished but only moderately clean, there is no elevator, breakfast is not included and the dining downstairs is a bit pricey for what you get. The beds were comfortable, but I had very poor sleep quality due to the EXTREMELY loud air conditioning unit (window unit rather than wall temperature control.) The staff was nice enough but inefficient.
My advice: stay at the Holiday Inn Express located just next door. It was newer, cleaner, and had free breakfast and an elevator, all for the same price.

Room Tip: Stay downstairs unless you have light luggage.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed just one night, en route to our destination in Myrtle Beach.
The hotel is very conveniently located near an I 20 exit, many restaurants, and bars. The accommodations were spacious and the bed was comfortable. Everything was very clean. Free WiFi. No complaints whatsoever. We asked for a ground floor room and received it. We overlooked the courtyard and pool. Even so, the room was quiet. We enjoyed our brief stay here very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room. There are no elevato.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us! We hope your trip to Myrtle Beach was great. Please come and see us again the next time you are in Augusta! Laura Kitchens
Waterford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Room was small but very clean. Good breakfast selection. Easy access to major highways. Good selection in frozen food section for late night dinner.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glad we were able to accomodate you! See you next time when you are in Augusta!

Laura Kitchens