“We stayed overnight on our way to Charlestown. It was a...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #28 of 82 Hotels in Augusta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Hephzibah, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I use this property Hotel on number of occasions, but for my last family gathering in November 2013 my family didn't have any complaints about the rooms , but the stealing from the employees. My son had a very expense pair of shoes stolen from his room by the maid. He call the hotel to report it, but they didn't handle it properly, then I attempt to call the coordinator, left message but my call was not return. I like the hotel and the service, but if your employees are stealing from the guess and nothing is done about it, then that's a problem. Then they are encouraging the employees that it's OK to take from the guess. My son describe the maid that services their room, I feel that she need to be fired, we will not be using this hotel anymore, nor will we refer anyone else until this is handled in a more proper manner. Very Poor Service when it comes to handling complaints. That's while I gave the hotel such poor rating. . Jennie/Augusta .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Ms Becky was a blessing! She went above and beyond. If it was not for her I would not give this place such a good rating! She greets you with a smile that just brightens up the day! If there was a problem she made sure to do everything she possibly could to make it the best with what she had to work with! I will not return if she is not here! This lady knows hospitality hands down!! The head manager should cherish her if they don't shame on them! Ask for Ms. Becky is all I can say She knows what she is doing!! Only give a 5 star because of Ms, Becky

Room Tip: like I said if Ms Becky isn't there you won't get what you expect!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nidhi K, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We take pride in our customer service representatives and the products and services we offer. I've shared your comments with the rest of my team and they are all very thankful of the nice words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Augusta.
Thank you again !!
Atlanta
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Not a new hotel but it has all the basics. I stayed at the LQ on Washington before here. The hotels are comparable, but this one has brewed coffee, and the internet works. Becki at the front desk makes the hotel a good . I was going to give the hotel a 4 , but Becki took care of a couple of issues and some good advice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review regarding your recent stay with us. We take pride in our customer service representatives and the products and services we offer. I'm glad that you enjoyed our full hot continental breakfast and the WiFi. I've shared your compliments with the rest of my team and they are all very thankful for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Augusta.
Thank you again !!
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here after 16 hour trip from New England. Would have at least expected a clean room, but unfortunately, none to be found. Food debris on the walls, mold in the shower and hair in the sheets.

When I went to go take a shower, after my long road trip, the water was inconsistent. It would stay hot for about 45 seconds, then tepid for 2 minutes, then cycle through. There's no excuse for not having enough hot water for guests, especially not at 10:00 PM. After my shower, which was late enough,there was strange knocking at the door over the course of 10 minutes. When I attempted to call the front desk, the phone didn't work. Turned out it wasn't even plugged in, so I had the pleasure of sorting that out for myself.

When I got a hold of the front desk staff, the only response I got to my question of why my door was being knocked on at this late hour was "Huh, that's weird. . .let me check. . ." followed by two minutes of silence and the click of the receiver on his end. There are no words for how little customer service was demonstrated that night.

PTAC unit made all sorts of weird noises throughout the night (but after the above mentioned phone call I knew I wasn't getting anywhere with the current staff, so why bother asking, right?). Found a nice big wood spider (around the size of a half dollar) on the bathroom floor that morning crawling around the bathmat.

Breakfast was unappetizing: powdered eggs, no breakfast meat, out of apple juice, and milk was not on ice. When we went to check out, I asked for a copy of our folio just showing what we had paid and that we'd stayed one night and were checking out on time. Clerk flat out refused, telling me it was impossible. I had to get him to write a handwritten checkout confirmation on a scrap of paper.

A word of advice, pay a little bit more money and get a lot more in the way of service, value, and cleanliness somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager18138, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize you experienced these problems with your stay. Please call me directly so I know the room number so I can have these issues resolved immediately. These are issues I need to talk to my pest control company and document housekeeper for not doing their job.

Andy Neumann

Phone: 706-855-6060

Travelers are raving about these Augusta hotels