My husband, I, along with my sister-in-law, mother-in-law and her 3 children stayed here the 13th going into the 14 of June. We winded up not making it to the hotel until 10pm because of the storms that followed us down and were ready to go to bed once we got there. 1st thing that was rather annoying is that we had to wait 10 mins. on hotel clerk to check even show up to check us in, and the person in front of me had waited 5 mins. longer. Next (After being told that I could rent a room for a 1/2 day when I made the reservation) I reminded the clerk that our room would be checking out at 4pm the next day so we could take our time getting ready for a 5pm wedding rather than having to check out at 11am and wait 6 hours, (this was supposed to have been noted from when I made the reservation.) He said he had no idea about it, and proceeded to say that if we wanted to check out after 11am the next morning we would have to take it up with the staff the next day. Feeling even more annoyed, I just figured we would deal with it the next day, it just wasn't worth the fight. The next day when I went do deal with the check out situation, I was given a slight attitude from the clerk but was able to pay for the 1/2 day and check out at the time we wanted. They did not, however, inform the cleaning staff of this.. The hallways were blazing hot, as were the rooms, that took 45+ mins. to cool down from 80 degrees and quivering on the thermostat, to a more comfortable 68 degrees. On top of it all, we had no towels, and there was a sticky mess on the counter top. The in-room phone did not work and there was a loud noise coming from the bathroom.
The hotel itself was decent. The breakfast was okay, enough to satisfy, the pool was nice and the rooms were very spacious (compared to other hotels where king rooms aren't meant to hold a king size bed) the king suite had a very large jacuzzi tub which was great and the pool was fairly nice as well.
Honestly, given everything, I would choose this place as a last resort option. I would stay here over some other places, but would definitely choose another hotel that was $20 more expensive if I could, because this was not worth the money that we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of golf country, the Baymont Inn is just minutes from the prestigious Augusta National Golf Club, home of the annual PGA Masters Tournament. Visit the Augusta Exchange on the River or enjoy and event at The Augusta Cutting Horse Futurity, cheer on the Augusta Green jackets (baseball), Paine College (basketball) and Augusta State. Enjoy numerous restaurants within minutes of the property, head for the bowling alley (Turtles Tournament) or shop at Augusta Mall (best shopping in Augusta). The Baymont Inn Augusta has a sparkling outdoor swimming pool, plus meeting facilities for business and personal gatherings. Rooms are newly renovated, pleasant and spacious with plenty of amenities such as free high-speed Internet access, business center, and exercise facility. We also feature whirlpool tubs in all of our suites. Come and relax in our new plush bedding. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet is served every morning by our friendly staff. Easy access from Bush Field and Daniel Field off Interstate 20 (Bobby Jones Expwy 520) .Convenient for visitors to all hospitals and colleges, including Fort Gordon Military Base and the Medical College of Georgia, and to such businesses as Electrolux, Kimberly Clark, Proctor & Gamble, Club Car, Quebecor World and Thermal Ceramics. Free parking with sufficient space for tour buses. Come and Experience the southern Hospitality at the Baymont Inn Frontage Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta Hotel Augusta
- Baymont Inn And Suites Augusta
- Baymont Inn Augusta
- Comfort Inn Augusta
- Augusta Comfort Inn