“The cleanest non smoking hotel in Augusta with professinal service!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The cleanest non smoking hotel in Augusta with professinal service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

My stay at the Baymount Suites was a wonderful experince. I have done alot of traveling over the year but I most say that my suite at the Baymont had to be the cleanest room that I've ever stay in. I conducted the old finger-rubbed test and I must say that my room was completely dust free and very beautiful. I would also like to thank the management team for caring about the well being of its customer's enough to make sure that they stay in a safe drug free, and non smoking environment. Unlike many other non smoking hotel with rooms that smell like smoke from the time you enter; The Baymont really is a SMOKE FREE HOTEL!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lorealw8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
dkirk05
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a Keith Urban concert. The rooms are nicely done and fairly large and a good value for what we paid. It was a bit out of the way, by itself and hard to find if using GPS because the intersection has changed, but not in a bad area. Our room was next to the far end elevator, but didn't bother us like we thought it might. There were a couple of minor problems. The bathroom fan switch was apparently broken or maybe not working on purpose?, but fan ran constantly. When we got into the room, the air conditioner was not turned on so we had to wait a while for the room to cool off and it was very warm. A few things needed a little better cleaning including the dust on bathroom shelves below the sink and there was dust and someone's pepper and salt packets left on top of the air conditioner unit. The front desk clerk in the morning when we tried to check out was busy printing off some papers for one of the maids, I guess, and took quite awhile doing so which wouldn't have been a problem, but he was busy chit chatting with her and didn't even acknowledge us or say he'd be with us shortly or anything. Never apologized for the wait when he did get to us which was a bit upsetting. Other than those minor things, it was a good stay. We ate breakfast in the morning and it was plentiful with eggs, sausage, hardboiled eggs, waffles, toast, bagels pastries, cereal. Of course, we didn't discover the eggs and sausage until almost too late because it was in the corner on the opposite side of the room by the coffee, juice machines so unless you looked carefully, you could miss them which I believe many did since not many had them. The eggs were a bit rubbery, but everything else was good.
Overall, not bad. We would stay there again with no problem.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor so didn't hear noise so much.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dkirk05
Augusta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Near many shops and restaurants. Well kept and maintained. Wireless internet can be a little weak in certain areas but you can connect via cat5 cable. Nice pool, gym and breakfast every morning. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank joy f
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel was above and beyond our expectations! Would highly recommend. When I had booked this hotel it had said it was pet friendly , we were traveling with a small dog, but when we got there it specifically said no pets allowed. The general manager was extremely helpful and allowed us to stay at no extra charge. The rooms were amazing, big tv's, free HBO, free wi-fi, very clean, a nice pool and fitness room and a real hot breakfast. We were very happy with this room.
One thing if you program your GPS with this address it is incorrect call ahead for directions.

Room Tip: Rooms were excellent and alot of nearby shopping.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank momdawg
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Attended family gathering for three days and decided to stay at this hotel. I reserved four suites, but was told they only had three, but on different floors . Checked out the rooms only to find someone was in one of the rooms asleep, the second room had someones belongings and the third room was not clean. Had to wait two hrs. before we were finally able to check-in. The staff was very apologectic for the inconvenience. The suites were nice for the price. The hotel carpet was dirty, the maids didn't come to clean the first day even though we left the hotel fairly early and didn't return until late. Upon departure had to wait an hour. I was quoted one price and charged another. The manager was very helpful and apologized for the mistake. Even though the hotel was not the worst It can be better. I cant say that I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cheekcheek
Newnan, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I spent 4 nights recently at the Baymont. My first night, I actually checked in at 6 a.m. the morning after because I had been up all night at the hospital with my granddaughter. So, I went to my room, put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign and hit the sack for a few hours. By noon, I was gone again. When I returned that night, my room was not made up. I called the front desk and they told me if I kept the Do Not Disturb sign out until noon, the staff left it. OK, so I thought it strange, but accepted it. Day two, I went to breakfast and witnessed a disgruntled staff member making smart cracks in front of his superior. BTW, breakfast was good every day. Upon arriving back at the hotel that night, I stopped at the desk and extended my stay one more night. Day three, I went on my way and returned home and the room had not been cleaned, again. Also, my husband called me earlier in the day and said they had called and wanted to know why my belongings were still in the room. So, the desk person had not extended my stay in the computer. Also, in the breakfast room, there always seemed to be employees coming and going acting like guests instead of staff.

Overall, the hotel was pretty nice. The room had most of what you need, except it was missing a few small things that make a big difference--a towel bar in the bathroom and a luggage stand in the bedroom. Also, the beds are about three feet high, but they are comfortable. I would not recommend senior citizens try to get in and out of theses beds--just too high with no step stool. Younger people can probably shimmy up them a little easier. A long fall for little ones, too. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, which is nice.

Now, if they can only take care of their employee issues.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sassy718
AugustaBestHotel, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Augusta West, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive comments. The constructive criticism is also greatly appreciated. I have posted the comments, so the staff can see the perception by a guest.
I assure that these staff issues will be addressed and corrected. Thank you again for staying with Baymont!
Warrensburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Good clean rooms, friendly and helpful employees. No complaints about this place!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business