“First class in every way... even pet friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ECCO Suites Augusta

ECCO Suites Augusta
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Florida
“First class in every way... even pet friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Spent 3 nights in Augusta, our first time at this hotel. Good location, right off I-20 exit 199, close to downtown and riverfront area. Recently renovated from top to bottom, the lobby is very light and bright with lots of glass, and even a comfortable conversation area with fireplace and lots of magazines. We stayed the first night in a room facing the interstate and had a slight problem with noise due to a window that didn't close properly. The next morning, the manager offered to move us to another room on the other side, and was very understanding. Our room was generously sized, with a sectional sofa, huge desk area, flat-screen TV, and a mini-kitchen with full refrigerator/freezer and microwave. The room felt extremely clean, a huge plus with me.
We were traveling with our small dog, and had called before arrival to make sure he would be welcome. We were told "We're Pet Friendly" (for a $15/night fee), so we felt comfortable walking through the lobby with our dog. and found outside a convenient area to walk him. Continental breakfast was served each morning off the light and bright lobby, and included eggs and sausage, bisquits and gravy, homemade waffles, and the usual assortment of cereals, fruits and juices. This hotel definitely compares with much pricier lodging and is a great value for the money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

This was our second stay this year. The staff is wonderful. The rooms were large and very clean. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was tasty. Location was convenient to the expressway and many stores.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

I have been at the Jameson Suites in Augusta for almost a month while here on business. I am working 12 Hour Night shifts and must sleep during the daytime. This hotel has exceeded my expectations from my very first contact with the staff. They are all professionals that understand the concept of Customer Service and anticipating and meeting the needs of their guests. The property is immaculate - rooms spacious and very comfortable - cutting-edge architecture and interior design, delicious full breakfast including omelets, sausage and hot waffles - all of this at a great price in which they were very willing to negotiate up front. I have stayed at other properties in the area with higher "star" ratings that did not even come close to comparison with this property.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

Augusta Jameson Suites is a beautiful hotel. We were all very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, delicious breakfast and the friendliness of the team members.

Heather was especially friendly and helpful when we checked in. We appreciated her kindness and cheerful attitude. Candace who served the breakfast went out of her way to show us kindness and was extremely helpful. She cheerfully made sausage for Kelsey separately to accommodate her food allergies. I was very touched and appreciative of how she went above and beyond to meet our needs and make us feel special.

We had a wonderful, pleasant and relaxing stay at this beautiful and well maintained hotel. The rooms were new and well decorated and very comfortable. It was a great hotel to spend the weekend.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Carrollton, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Jameson Suites, Augusta, GA, accommodations we obtained through Hotwire. It was very nice...all the staff were friendly and helpful, the continental breakfast was very nice. I travel with my own pillow because I like a very thin one, and they are very hard to find...I even put a bright red pillowcase on it, so it will be easy to spot when we are packing up to leave. Well, of course, somehow I left it in the room and didn't realize it until we were almost home. I called the hotel and asked if it had been found....luckily for me it had. Mr. Troiani mailed it to me right away. I am so thankful for the help and prompt service provided by Mr. Troiani and all the staff there...and I'm pleased to say I will sleeping soundly again on my old thin pillow, LOL. I have left pillows at other hotels, but have never been able to retrieve them. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a very nice stay and for finding my pillow ( I know it seems a silly thing, but I just can't sleep on the big fluffy ones).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights with our 8 month old daughter. The hotel provided us with a pack n' play type crib that was clean and in good condition. There was a microwave and fridge which came in handy for the baby. The daily breakfast was excellent with all the continental choices along with waffles, eggs and sausage. The hotel was located on a fairly noisy highway, but we managed to sleep fine. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and recommending places to eat. We got a great deal on this hotel using Hotwire.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

First off...we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn down the road last time we were here. However, Hilton was over proud in their accomodations by wanting 149.00 a night for a room with the same size bed, and less acreage.We paid $80.00 for this room at the Jameson Inn. This room included a LARGE fridge, microwave, coffee, etc...same as the Hilton. Another thing when finding this hotel you cannot get off at exit 200 and get to this hotel directly. We found this out the hard way..by taking exit 200 and trying to get to Claussen Road. Not happening. Augusta has been undergoing massive road construction for a long time, and now it has moved to the Riverwatch Parkway/Claussen Road intersection. My advice..until further notice, get off at exit 199 Washington Road and go under the overpass to Stevens Creek Road and go down the frontage road to the Jameson Inn.
First impressions: Very nice, modern hotel. Front desk girl was terrific, very friendly and hospitable. Got to our room, and upon entering the room, the smell of disinfectant was overwhelming. This was a big turn off to us. We promptly cranked the A/C down to 66 to get the horrible odor out of our room. The other thing we didn't like was the SMALL bathroom. You cannot turn around without touching the toilet in that bathroom. Very odd design in where the towels are under the sink and not on a towel rack near the tub. Not very convenient when you are in the shower. Nice amenities are provided in the bathroom. Nice toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner and soaps... The shower worked well, HOWEVER, in our room, 311, the anti skid coating on the bottom of the tub was nearly gone, and both my husband and I were quite nervous taking our shower, for fear of slipping. Please be alert to this if you stay here. I plan on informing the staff upon departure tomorrow. This hotel is a nice hotel. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are clean, and VERY roomy. Comparing this room to the Hilton room we stayed at is like apples to oranges in terms of roominess. The Jameson Inn has them beat. There was quite a full house at the hotel when we stayed. LOTS of construction workers and railway workers. Still, even with almost every room filled, the hotel was quiet. Sure, there is road noise, but the hotel is about fifty feet from a major interstate, so that is to be expected. The hotel is close to gas stations, shopping and many food outlets. Very convenient location...we are here to go to the Medical College of Georgia, and it is about a ten minute drive from the Jameson Inn to the hospital.
We didn't have the bedding issues others have reported. Our bed sheets were clean and crisp, and the bed was very comfy. Loved the flat panel tv on the wall..and this room has ALOT of room. You have desk space enough for two folks on their own laptops! Hubby and I travel with our own individual laptops, so this was great, however I camped on the couch and put my legs up on the coffee table and surfed while he occupied the computer chair! The wireless internet worked great for both of us. This room is very roomy and comfortable, and I think this is going to be our new hang out when in Augusta for our frequent hospital appointments. Great job Jameson Inn overall..however, I would suggest redoing the bathtub anti skids, and lay off the strong cleaning solutions. Very roach motel thought inducing. Other than the cleaning solution smell, I recommend this hotel. Very safe, clean, friendly and very large rooms.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple