“This hotel is not so friendly for pet owners who are non-smokers”

ECCO Suites Augusta
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our 2nd stay at this still relatively new and modern hotel was not as positive as our first one two years ago. Both times we traveled with a pet; however, our recent stay was marked by unacceptable accommodations: we were placed on the 5th floor, a smoking floor, despite our reservation for a non-smoking room. Upon entering our room (and especially the bathroom), both had a smoky smell, so we called the front desk for an explanation, We were told that since we requested a room with 2 queen beds and traveled with a pet, those rooms on the1st floor were taken; thus, we were placed on the other floor for pets, the 5th floor (smoking), in a "non-smoking" room. Surely, you jest! Upon return, all of our clothes in our suitcases, worn or not, had to be rewashed due to the smoke smell. The managers don't seem to understand that the "non-smoking" rooms on the 5th floor use the same ventilation system as the "smoking rooms."
The events above occurred on a night with only 14 cars in the parking lot. The bottom line: there are limited rooms available at this property for pet owners who are non-smokers, so please keep this in mind when making reservations there.

Room Tip: The was some road noise from the nearby I-20, if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JSAugusta, General Manager at ECCO Suites Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Keith,

Let me first apologize for the experience you recently had at our hotel. I very much appreciate your feedback so I can ensure that yourself or another guest will not experience the same problem. Currently our 1st and 5th floors are our only two pet friendly floors. But as you mentioned that is only a limited number of nonsmoking rooms. We are currently in the process of converting another floor (that is all nonsmoking) to be pet friendly.

I also agree that we could've better accomdated you in another room on a nonsmoking floor due to the lower occupancy. I have had this discussion with all my front desk associates, so they will know how to handle situations like this in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide the wonderful hospitality that we are capable of.

Danielle Neef

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Staff is always pleasant. Every single person you meet offers a nice greeting. Room clean and had everything we needed. In a town full of motels and hotels (for the Masters Tournament) this is a safe choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eastcoastdiner

It is our pleasure to serve as your home away from home. We greatly appreciate your review(s) and looking forward to your next visit. We are always striving to make improvements and hope that your next stay will be as wonderful as your past four. See you soon!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My last stay there was very pleasant (November 2012), by the interstate and near good restaurants. Rooms are clean and not outdated. The property itself is somewhat old, but you got to gives props to the staff for keeping the place up and it is merely noticeable.

I'm staying there again this week!!!!

Room Tip: oh yeah, ask not to stay in the rooms at the end of the any hall, as the WiFi barely reaches that fa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
JSAugusta, General Manager at ECCO Suites Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. Our employees do work very hard to ensure that our hotel meets our high standards. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and even more pleased that you returned so quickly. It is our hope that you will be come a customer for life.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Incredible hotel outside, lobby and rooms for the money. $75-100 cheaper than neighboring Hilton and Marriott properties. Add $25-50 and the few minor details could make this a SUPER hotel no matter the price. Only drawbacks, can hear trucks traveling the interstate easily all night, breakfast was not good. It was hot, but no flavor. Most continental breakfast's are bad though. Stayed 1 night, but wouldn't have eaten again. Not why I want to stay there anyway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian B
JSAugusta, General Manager at ECCO Suites Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your review. We are constantly trying to make improvements where we can and your feedback is much appreciated. We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future. If you do, please do not hesitate to ask for a room furthest from the highway. And we will definetly work on making our breakfast more flavorful.

Danielle Neef

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I was taken aback at how elegant the lobby of this Jameson was when I entered. The staff was more than pleasant and did everything possible to live up to the standards imposed by much more expensive hotels. If you're planning on staying anywhere in Augusta, you'd do yourself an injustice not staying here. The rooms are oversized and welcoming. And the pantry in the lobby selling snacks, drinks and Ben & Jerry's ice cream was an unexpected bonus rarely seen in hotels under $200 a night.
If you live in Augusta, go for a weekend vacation in your own backyard!

• Stayed: November 2012
JSAugusta, General Manager at ECCO Suites Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for your review. It was truely our pleasure hosting you as our guest. We strive to always exceed our guest's expectations and I am glad we were able to do exactly that. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights while visting our son who is in the military in Augusta. Best staff ANYWHERE...very professional and helpful. Big, beautiful lobby, nice breakfast area. Excellent hot breakfast. The floorplan in the rooms is super with L-shaped sleeper sofa, huge work area, and a kitchenette with an apartment-sized frig and a microwave. LG flat screen...same remote that we use at home...that was nice.
Good variety of restaurants right around the corner on Washington Road. My only complaints: some of the TV stations were a little fuzzy...maybe a dish adjustment needed (if that's REALLY important to you) and the tub/shower have the old, two handle hot and cold faucets...don't think I've seen those in a while.
Overall, a great experience. I will be staying there again when I'm in Augusta.

Room Tip: A check-in, the clerk gave us a room on the back side away from the elevator. Nice except one mornin...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

When I wrote my 1st review I was so happy that the staff treated me like a human being that I wrote my review in haste. I will still stay here again best hotel staff I have ever encountered. I have just discovered one issue. The bathroom is small, outdated, and dark. I am on the 2nd floor and not sure if other floors may have been updated, but the bathrooms don't match the updates in the rest of the hotel. Cleanliness is still good no complaints. Staff is the best. Also I commented on the wonderful customer service of the clerk when I checked in. I stated his name was Jeremy but it mayin fact be Joseph. He has awesome people skills.

• Stayed: September 2012