“OK hotel for a short stay with updated rooms and friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Suites Augusta

Jameson Suites Augusta
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, U.S.A.
“OK hotel for a short stay with updated rooms and friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We booked two rooms for a weekend family visit. Augusta is not a destination resort town, so upscale hotel options are limited. There are a great number of low-to-mid-level hotel and suite options however, the Jameson Suites being just one of half a dozen or more in the same area. My guess is that they all are booked solid during the Master's golf tournament and then work to break even the rest of the year.

The rooms and hotel have been recently renovated and somewhat modernized, so it looks pretty good. Overall it is clean and fairly comfortable, although the beds are quite firm for our tastes. Check in was fast and easy and the staff provided a warm welcome and good service, as well as advice on local attractions and getting around town.

We would definitely consider returning to this property.

Room Tip: We booked online and got a very good rate.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We choose this hotel for 2 multi nights stays every June. Always clean and well run. Friendly and professional staff and management. First stay there were burn holes in the comforter and we awoke to hundreds of ants in the bathroom. They replaced the comforters promptly and moved us to a different room after discovering the ants. Our second stay of the month, we were greeted by a microwave that would not stop beeping, the microwave was replaced. After returning to our room, I stopped at the front desk to grab a newspaper and my kids went back to the room without me. Since I was the only one with a key, I expected to find them standing in hall waiting for me. Well, they were not, they were able to turn the handle and walk right in. I discovered that the door would not lock, I called the front desk and a guy was sent up to repair the door. Sounds like 2 bad stays, but they were not. The manager and I had a laugh about it. We will be back next June.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I felt a need to tell Everybody about my STAY. From the time I walked in the front door, I was pleased. The young lady at the front desk was so pleasant. Ssion Martin is her name. She greeted me with a very pleasant smile. But when I walked in my room I was overwelmed!!! I well definitly be back to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Checked in and there was sticky crap all over the lobby floor,checked into room on 5th floor and immediately the smell of smoke was horrible as I got off the elevator,opened the room door and saw the carpet all shreded and stained,as well as crunchy to walk on. Jumped into the shower which was a little moldy and closed the moldy shower curtain only to find a used wash cloth on top of the shower rod,now a little skeeved out I went to get into bed only to find black curly watch spring hairs on the sheets.NASTY!!! slept on top of them in a sleeping bag. Trash in hallways on the floors like q tips,cigarette butts,etc. In the am upon leaving the lobby floor was just as sticky as when I got there. This was my first and last stay at a Jameson Hotel. I only stayed here because it was supposed to be ranked #6 ha thats a joke. You can tell it was an old Ameri Suites. Never be back!

• Stayed June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
Scottsboro, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family and I were guest at this location last week and were VERY unhappy with our stay! We stayed at this location a yr ago for a wedding, and returned this yr to c the baby and in 1yrs time the quality of this location has gone to the roaches...litterally!! Our stay was for 3 days and we visited by these lovely little disease carring discusting bugs 2 of those days! Upon checking out I turned in our room keys along with a few of these pests, the girl at the counter seemed less than concerned with my complaint so I thought letting the public whom might b concidering a stay here in the near future maybe more appreachitive of this info! Oh and by the way the pool was not opened even tho it says otherwise on the sign, as u can imagine this went over extremely well with my 7yr old in the 102 heat for 3 days...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I always stay at this hotel when I travel to Augusta for dental work at MCG. I find the staff welcoming and totally accomodating, polite, and personally interested in me. Once I tried another hotel through an on-line service and was actually frightened to be there. I moved to the Jameson and immediately felt like I had come home. It is clean, safe, and has wonderful amenities like breakfast (and the lovely ladies who fix it)! Desk clerks are absolutely great; they even remember my name from trip to trip. The manager, Mark Troiani is often at the desk or in the lobby helping or chatting with guests. I would not call it a "luxury" hotel in certain respects but if your idea of luxury is what I describe, try this hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed at this property while visiting a family member who was stationed at Ft. Gordon. The accomodations were enjoyable and the staff very accomodating. On the way out, they extended the holiday rate to family member whose accomodations were not as nice as the Jameson Suites. I will stay here again.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family