“Nice HGI in Augusta”

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is a very nice property. Well maintained and staffed. I would stay here anytime I'm in Augusta. I cover 12 states and a good hotel is gold in my book. The rooms smell fresh and are very clean. The beds are comfortable and the wireless works great. I had the breakfast in the morning and the food was good as far as breakfast goes. The service from the staff was very good as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently booked a night at this hotel but at the last minute my business plans were changed so I ended up staying at another Hilton Garden Inn (in Ohio this time). In all of the confusion, I must have forgotten to call and cancel my reservation with this hotel in Augusta. When I saw a charge on my Amex from this hotel, I didn't even remember that I had made the reservation in the 1st place so not canceling was completely my own fault. So I called the hotel and they gave me a runaround, transferring me all over the place before I ended up back with Hilton Honors of which I am a silver member (but WAS working towards diamond this year). They said that they would speak with the hotel and get back to me in 3 - 5 business days. I also called my travel agancy and asked them to help. The hotel flatly denied helping in any way. That is their right, it's their POLICY. Well, having policy thrown in my face when I am basically begging them for help doesn't sit well with me. Neither does being unsympathetic and unbending when faced with a special request. I travel constantly, over 200 nights a year in hotels (pathetic, right?). In the past, I have stayed more at IHG properties (Holiday Inn) but this year, I decided that I would give Hilton another chance after a Hampton Inn charged me a no-show for a night when I actually stayed AT the hotel that charged me for a no-show. They wouldn't budge on that one either even though I was at the hotel when they charged me. I stayed away from Hilton brands for about 5 years after that. Anyway, with the amount of travel I do and the amount of nights that I stay in hotels, I need my business partners (Hotels) to be a little more understanding and at least willing to work with me a little bit. They treated me like i was a piece of garbage so now I say this: Good Bye Hilton brands and my deepest apologies to IGH and Holiday Inn brands who I should have remained loyal to. I will never stay in the Hilton Garden Inn in Augusta Ga and only in total desperation will I stay in another Hilton brand hotel in the future. It was your choice to treat me like crap, now I'm gone.

Room Tip: Book a room in another hotel.
1  Thank 32,331

We apologize for you inconvenience and we do urge you to contact the general manager if you would like to discuss the matter further, kat.johnson@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have not had the Hilton Garden Inn experience and we were pleasantly surprised with the gracious nature of all the service staff. The rates were very competitive and the standard of the accommodations the best from a series of hotels we used during this busy vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and we hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I checked in on Sunday night, the TV was on and I could not turn it off with the remote. Monday morning the shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom, when I turned the water off the shower head fell off. I was able to push it back on and take a quick shower. I went to the front desk on the way to work and told them about the problems. Monday night when I returned I went to the room and the remote control was not fixed, nor was the shower head replaced. I went down to eat and told the front desk that the problems must of been over looked, she said "I'm sorry we'll get someone up there right now". I finished eating and went to the front desk she said "everything is ok now" and I went to the room. I didn’t think to check anything, I went to bed not giving the problems any thought, until I tried to turn the TV off, the remote had not been fixed, I figured out if I used my thumb nail and pressed really hard on the power button it would work. Tuesday I got up for work, turned the shower on.... and it sprayed water all over the bathroom and fell off again. I called the front desk very irate... Tuesday night I returned from work and the showerhead had FINNALY been replaced, but the TV remote was not. Hotel staff left me a coupon for a free meal and drink at the hotel, I gave them back since it was a company trip and meals are already covered. Why should the company be rewarded a free meal for problems I had to endure? The staff offered no offer compensation. I reported back to the company that this hotel NOT be on the available places to stay list.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you were faced with and we urge you to contact the general manager directly if you wish to discuss them further, kat.johnson@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The best hotel experience I have had in over 50 years of traveling. Everything from check-in to check-out was extremely well planned, organized, and executed. The staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were really valued customers, especially the breakfast wait staff. the Hotel location couldn't have been better; easy access and egress very near the Interstate and near many shopping and dining venues.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you loved our hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is an excellent hotel. Very friendly and polite staff. Very clean rooms and hotel. This hotel was an excellent place to stay for our trip. We spent two days in Augusta, Ga. visiting family. The staff here made us feel so at home, and were always asking and making sure we did not need anything in the room or otherwise. I will never stay anywhere else when in Augusta again. I was so pleased with our stay. The hotel is immaculate from the lobby all the way to the rooms and exterior grounds. My hat is off to everyone who works there and I want to say thank you for an enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for letting us know how much you loved our hotel. We're so happy to hear that our staff and hotel proved to be the perfect place for you while visiting Augusta. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next visit and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Property was conveniently located to Augusta National and downtown. A lot of restaurants and shopping in the immediate area. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Selena at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was very tasty and the staff was nice and very attentive to your needs. Leah was familiar with the area and provided several recommendations of things to do and places to eat. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room across from the pool/spa which we thought would be noisy but it was a good...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know which staff members were helpful so we can recognize them for their services.